Woman Claims to Own the Sun

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Some people are so stupid that I literally can't believe they haven't choked to death on their own saliva. This woman is one of those people.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Fuck you lady I'm not paying you shit.

EDIT:Wait does this mean we can launch a class action law suit against her for skin cancer and sunburns?

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first."
So that basically means she thought of something stupid before anyone else did.

So among stupids, she's a bloody genius.

jackknife402

Aug 25, 2008
Hey everyone, the document that was given to her states she owns "The sun" when everyone(whom cares about this sort of thing) knows that our particular solar system is actually named "Sol." And solar systems are named after their stars. Thus, the real name of "the sun" is actually "Sol." So she's got a document stating she owns a nonexistent galactic body.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
You're kidding. This is...I can't....what?!

If this is true, I claim Mars.
Give me the documents now, kthx.
Unless it requires me to fork over cash. I'm not rich enough to spend money on bs.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
So she owns the sun yes? Great, where can i find her personal data so i can file a complaint that her sun is shining in my eyes early morning and i request that she moves it elsewhere or pays -me- for all the trouble? Or maybe she would rather want to wait for all the lawsuits from people that got sun burnt or even got skin cancer?

Silly woman.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
Eisenfaust said:
SUE!!!! SUE THE *****!!!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1232492400 Here is her Facebook so you can send her the cease and desist via message.
Edit: Wait that is probably not her :p

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Huh. Well if she now "owns" the sun...

Then I will file a lawsuit against her for negligence!

Ms. Duran has failed to prevent the sun from slowly destroying Earth with its UV radiation while also giving human beings skin cancer, amongst other acts.

She may own the sun, but she is now accountable for the destruction of the homes of polar bears. Polar bears for crying out loud!

Suck on that and smoke it, Duran.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Geo Da Sponge said:
9NineBreaker9 said:
I think I just spent most of today pirating the Sun.
See? Piracy is a real problem! Almost 7 billion people pirate the sun every day!
Them damn pirates! We need to something about this!

OT: Is anybody's mental institution missing a patient? I think so.

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
The north pole isn't taken right? When people are begging for oil they will have to come to MY country. >:D
I need a flag and constitution now...

CtrldChaos

Jul 12, 2010
So.. going by her logic, could i sue her for melanoma and other skin cancers as she has ownership and therefore responsibility of the sun and it's effects?

is it neglegent on her behalf to not filter the harmful rays?

seriously i wonder what is out there that people have now registered in the past few days after reading this article.

edit: just read the comment 3 above this about exactly the same topic. my bad

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Anyone own earth? If not it is now mine...well that was easier than I thought.

Seriously though? The freaking sun? Saying you own it is about as meaningful as saying you own a unicorn or something. Just cuz it's on paper doesn't mean anyone's gonna care. Good luck with trying to get money off people.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Indeed, how does she plan on collecting from everyone who isn't nocturnal? I'll throw her into the sun if she even dares so much as try.

Still, rather stupid to have said law not include individuals...But I might just go and stake my claim on one of the moons of jupiter, name it "a space station", and hope I live long enough to see some astronaut be forced to inadvertently quote star wars.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
She's basically using squatter's rights to the sun. In such a case, she would have to go there to claim it.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
mattttherman3 said:
No one owns the sun...
Wrong,

He does: http://www.spacedaily.com/news/oped-02e.html
Well, no, your wrong. Because there's no possible way that "ownership" can be enforced. What can this lawyer possibly do with that ownership? Nothing for several hundred years.