Woman Claims to Own the Sun

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
She can have it for all I care. She'll be in court battles for years about it, but everyone who sustains damage on Earth would be more than happy for someone who would have legal responsibility for Large Solar Flares. Therefore, someone to complain to.
Ignoring the fact that this claim has no legal grounds whatsoever and will be happily ignored by everyone, an owner of anything has to have control over their property or face being sued for irresponsible behaviour or the seizure/destruction of their property.

Given that the suns recent increase of activity has raised Earth's temperature over the last couple of decades leading to an increase of skin cancers, drought, extreme weather conditions and general global warming she's going to face a lot of trouble if she tries to take her 'stake' seriously.

If she claims she can't control it then she has no right to be the owner, same as for a dog/car/large wildcat/house/mineshaft/gun/anything.

I'm pretty sure ownership of nuclear materials without a license is illegal for a Spanish citizen too.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
She can have it for all I care. She'll be in court battles for years about it, but everyone who sustains damage on Earth would be more than happy for someone who would have legal responsibility for Large Solar Flares. Therefore, someone to complain to.
And responsibility if someone gets cancer from sun, or dies from dehydration, or someones crops die of too much sunlight, global warming (Sun heats the earth, I know Gasses, pollution what not, but heat still comes mainly from sun) Sun burns, My damaged furntire that used to be dark red but they been on sun and they are light red.

Basically anything that gets damaged or hurt by sun.
Please come up with something else too.

fundude365

Dec 12, 2007
Wow, even 18th century land-grabbers weren't this ridiculously exploitative. She must be claiming it as her left testicle, her balls are that huge.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Brad Shepard said:
*Headdesk*

Ok, i own the moon now, end of story. And sense we all can apparentley own giant balls of gas that everyone uses, i call dibs on the air on earth, im also charging a 5 cent fee a day, start paying up people.
HELL NO!!! The moon is mine!!! I need it to reflect my evil eye upon the innocent people to get them to do what I want!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
fundude365 said:
Wow, even 18th century land-grabbers weren't this ridiculously exploitative. She must be claiming it as her left testicle, her balls are that huge.
As piccolo would say tho

"The balls are Inert" Hehehehe God sorry but your avatar left that wide open XD

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
Hey if it really is hers, why not get NASA to send her to her new property for a good look around?

Wardy

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
Haha, i love that. Well i just claim ownership of the space between every stellar object. So hear me EU , USA, China, Russia, India. You are depositing thousands of tons of trash in my property and you better pay for it!

Oneirius

Apr 21, 2009
Who's going to be surprised if next week we get a news title "Spanish woman assaulted by mob of thousands. Government responds: ***** had it coming."?

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
Amnestic said:
Duran said:
"I am not stupid"
Article said:
She plans on charging a fee to anyone that "uses the Sun"
She could've fooled me.

Also: Does she have a flag?
Pretty much my opinion on the whole thing.

How the hell are you going to charge people for using the sun? That's insane.

EDIT
You just wait. Soon we'll have people claiming ownership of sections of space. Then we'll have a real EvE Online situation on our hands.

Once we develop into space, anyway.