Woman Claims to Own the Sun

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
soren7550 said:
Well Ms. Duran, I'm claiming ownership of all the oxygen on this planet. For every single cubic feet of air you and everyone else breaths in, I want a dollar USD for each and every single cubic foot inhaled by each and everyone.
I believe someone in Mexico actually does that. He sells canned air. The air there is so bad they actually need canned fresh air. Not that they can't live there without those canned air cans, but theres no actual fresh air there.

I think it was in the news years ago.

And about the Sun ownership. Isn't she also responsible for everything the sun does? For example if my property damages someone it's my responsibility (my dog bites my neighbour, its my responsibility right?).

Here's the thing. What if the sun causes something like skin cancer, droughts in places where people wont survive without their crops, heat waves causing people to collapse under the blazing heat? I think she'd have a big problem on her hands. It would rain legal claims on her head.

If the above has already been posted my apologies, I didn't dig through all 5 pages of topic.

weaselblower

Aug 4, 2009
If I kill ants with a magnifying glass is she also responsible or their deaths. Also the sun faded my favorite metallica tee can she buy me a new one.

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
hmmm doesn't she have to sue people for the money if they don't pay? Doubt it would be profitable ;P

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
I'll be pirating sun services now...

Also, is she gonna charge plants for photosynthesis?

Ruwrak said:
soren7550 said:
Well Ms. Duran, I'm claiming ownership of all the oxygen on this planet. For every single cubic feet of air you and everyone else breaths in, I want a dollar USD for each and every single cubic foot inhaled by each and everyone.
I believe someone in Mexico actually does that. He sells canned air. The air there is so bad they actually need canned fresh air. Not that they can't live there without those canned air cans, but theres no actual fresh air there.

I think it was in the news years ago.

Dogmeat T Dingo

Sep 4, 2008
Hey lady, that sun of yours gave me a horrible burn two weeks ago, and there are no warning labels on it either! I want compensation!

EDIT: Ah, I see HuntrRose and I are on the same page! How about a class action?

Eponet

Nov 18, 2009
HG131 said:
I think I'll stake a claim on Mars.
Pfft, I'm claiming the area around it. I demand compensation for her star emitting deadly radiation through my property.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
I got a sunburn on my trip to Costa Rica in the summer. Can I sue this lady now?

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
Stars are the most powerful entities in our Galaxy, I don think a lady in Spain has really got what it takes to harness it. On a side note, all solar power plants in the world now owe her money.

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
What? The sun doesn't belong to humans, it belongs to plants. They were using the sun thousands of years before we started. What's more is if you stop plants using the sun you can say goodbye to the human race.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Anarchemitis said:
She can have it for all I care. She'll be in court battles for years about it, but everyone who sustains damage on Earth would be more than happy for someone who would have legal responsibility for Large Solar Flares. Therefore, someone to complain to.
That's a very good point, everyone can just sue her whenever they get sunburnt.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
any chance we can sue her because her sun is slowly cooking our planet and will evenetually collapse and destroy earth along with it?