Woman Claims to Own the Sun

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I've re-evaluated my claims for her now that she's charging people for "usage". If she's actually worked out percentages of this, and EXPECTS people to pay money? She's a head case.

Although there's a very likely probability that she's just trying to wind people up, which is fair enough too... she's going to get in a lot of trouble with the law for this.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Amnestic said:
Duran said:
"I am not stupid"
Article said:
She plans on charging a fee to anyone that "uses the Sun"
She could've fooled me.

Also: Does she have a flag?
think we should do this, if she can plant a flag on it, it belongs to her if not well free sun.

OT: how does one collect tax upon the sun? i mean does she charge everything? how does she tell whos been using it? whats her angle with plants?

explain woman, explain. You cant just get up one day and think "bugger me raw im gunna claim ownership to the sun and tax people for it" logistics formulate plans, god damn i'm thinking into this too much.

if she needs help on methods of taxing she could ask the british government for help.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Rainboq said:
Dibs on the moon Titan!
OT: I can just see it now...
"Sun taxation causes world wide depression..."

"US annexes sun, heavy casualties."
You just made my day, good sir. Bravo.

OT: Pretty stupid thing to do. But as some people have been saying, maybe people can sue her for skin cancer/solar flares from now. Serve her right.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
The world would be better if we catapulted her and Justin Beiber into the sun

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
DamienHell said:
HA I don't use the sun anyway, too much WoW.
Your Bio teacher would like to have a word with you.
First off, one of the main source of Vitamin D is produced by exposure to sun.
Then I don't even want to go in to the indirct stuffs...

Not to mention the Eco system. Most of the eco system (except deep sea and such extreme places) only have one source of energy, what to guess what it is?
The Sun.

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I'm not worried as long as I live in California, a state law here says "Sunshine is guaranteed to everyone".

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
FieryTrainwreck said:
Funny = people knocking this chick for claiming to own the Sun while they pony up rent or mortgage payments to other people who did basically the same thing with normal land.

There's a reason why property/real estate is always a safe investment. It's always surprisingly profitable when you own something that shouldn't be ownable.
Yea, it bothers me a lot as well. Mainly, because people are used to it, and the facter that owner of most of the normal land have lot of power and money. For example, Goverment.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
The Seldom Seen Kid said:
Well fine then. Cut off my sun. See if I care.
I would love to see her cut off access to everyone who doesn't pay her (basically everyone in the world).

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
XinfiniteX said:
DamienHell said:
HA I don't use the sun anyway, too much WoW.

I would however LOVE you have a piece of paper that said I owned the sun.
LOL

I can't wait for the headlines - Stupid Spaniard Sues Society Over Sun Service
Nice use of alliteration. Also, you have the greatest avatar I have ever seen.

OT: If she is actually allowed to do this then I think I'll see her sun and raise her the Andromeda galaxy.

Kidding, until people actually figure out how to safely go to these places and put something of their's on it, no one should be able to claim ownership.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Eh. I mean come on, I could see going through the legal process just for the novelty of the legal document and to rightfully say that I owned whatever celestial body.

But actually charging for it? The Sun? Hope she gets sued by people claiming skin damage and solar flares.

As for that guy selling land on the moon? Freaking genius right there.

nico74

Feb 11, 2007
Wow piracy is a big problem. Ok congress about that anti-piracy bill you've had your eye on for awhile now....

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
I've just added her to my ever growing list of people who desperately need the liberal application of a .45 caliber bullet to their heads. Her and whatever "genius" actually issued her deed of ownership.
There, I fixed it for you good sir! :D

OT: Yeah, let's see her try and collect that bill from me or anyone I know. Well in that case then I claim Mars people, yeah I know there's a bloody star god sleeping there but it's mine!

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
Dunno whether this has been said but...

Couldn't we now sue her for global warming?

Just a thought.