World Cup 2010

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Bloodstain said:
It's huge in Germany (european football is the national sport)...but I don't care. Really, the wohle euphoria about it annoys me.
You, good sir, should be stoned in public.

I'm just kidding, but how can you possibly be annoyed? Okay, the drunks are kind of annoying, but overall the people are just happy and there's a great atmosphere in the streets, how can you not like it?

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
I'm seeing a Netherlands/Argentina final, although it's be silly to count out any of the other teams left. Germany and Spain are solid contenders as well, and Paraguay, Ghana, and Uruguay are all pretty good teams. It's really anyone's tournament.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
HK_01 said:
Bloodstain said:
It's huge in Germany (european football is the national sport)...but I don't care. Really, the wohle euphoria about it annoys me.
You, good sir, should be stoned in public.

I'm just kidding, but how can you possibly be annoyed? Okay, the drunks are kind of annoying, but overall the people are just happy and there's a great atmosphere in the streets, how can you not like it?
1. Drunken people (as you said)
2. People driving in their cars honking the horn ALL NIGHT everytime a game is over (especially if Germany wins)
3. Same as 2, but with vuvuzelas
4. A common talk in school:
Someone: "Did you watch the game yesterday?"
Me: "Nope."
"Why not?"
"I didn't want to."
"What the fuck?! You HAVE to watch them!"
"Um, no, I don't."
"Douchebag... *goes away*"
It always leaves me thinking "What the fuck was that just now".

In my opinion, if someone likes european football and the world cup, that's just fine, but please don't bother me with it. And hell, vuvuzelas at 3AM are bothering me.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I kinda wanted Ghana to win, but I knew they were gonna lose as soon as it ended up in penalties.

Damn you and your hands, Suarez! :(

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
JourneyThroughHell said:
Forlan! FORLAN!!!
Ghana-Uruguay 1-1
Holy hell, that was amazing.
This is going to be one hell of an ending.
HELL YEAH!!! Go Uruguay!
I feel like I have my heart in my throath.

photog212

Oct 27, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
I kinda wanted Ghana to win, but I knew they were gonna lose as soon as it ended up in penalties.

Damn you and your hands, Suarez! :(
After getting knocked out by Ghana twice, F those guys. Yay Uruguay!

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
The Ghana game was epic, missing the penalty 31mins, then losing the penalty shootout?!

Is it bad I laughed at the Ghana players crying and lifting each other up off the ground telling them it would be alright.

[small] Hakuna Matata[/small]

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Too bad Ghana missed that penalty at the end of the extended time. Sucks since now the African people as a whole have absolutely nobody to cheer for anymore.

AldirTK

Mar 17, 2010
That was insane. As an Uruguayan, I can assure you I hadn't been that excited during a football match in years.

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
I honestly can't believe anybody from or who supports Uruguay can be proud of that victory. Ghana won 2-1.

AldirTK

Mar 17, 2010
Bebus said:
I honestly can't believe anybody from or who supports Uruguay can be proud of that victory. Ghana won 2-1.
You're right. Because it's fair play to provoke a player and attack them to the point of injury. It's fair play to be barely touched and launching yourself to the ground claiming a foul. A great player insults the referee face to face like one of the Ghana players did. A legendary player misses a penalty that would take them to the semifinals.

We won that match fair and square. Ghana had their chance and blew it horribly.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Gonna root for Germany tomorrow, hoping for a Netherlands-Germany finale! :D
That'd be... a battle of epic proportions. :D

I still can't quite believe the Netherlands kicked out Brazil. I mean, I did root for Oranje today, but in my mind Brazil is that nigh-unstoppable soccer juggernaut I didn't believe the guys in orange had much of a chance at defeating. Just goes to show what a weird World Cup this turned out to be.

Not really looking forward to tomorrow's match... beating Argentina is doable, but that entire match is gonna be one tough son of a ***** that'll have my entire nervous system begging my brain to stop producing overdoses of adrenalin.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I just woke up after a pretty sleepless night after the Ghana-Uruguay match. And, holy hell, that was incredibly epic.
Seriously, I just have to conclude it with the following statements:
1) I am sorry, Ghana.
2) Suarez, your goalkeeping skills just saved your team
3) Congratulations, Uruguay.
It was one hell of an ending an it was one hell of a match.
Bebus said:
No, they didn't.
Suarez stopped the goal fair and Ghana missed the penalty fair.
Ghana didn't deserve to win any more, than Uruguay did.
Is everyone who does a last chance fould a cheater? No. Neither was Suarez.
The guy traded in his own participation in the game to give his team a chance to win. They did.

Justice Shades

Jul 30, 2009
Bebus said:
I concur. That Uruguay won solely through Suarez's cheating is nothing short of a travesty and frankly I think this world cup is getting more tarnished by the day.

I am Spy

Dec 14, 2008
I don't think people would be as bothered about Suarez's handball if it didn't come in literally the last 10 seconds of the game. But fair enough he got sent off and Ghana had their chance to win and blew it. Gyan must be feeling pretty bad but he showed a lot of mental strength to step straight back up and find the top corner. What a game is all I can say. This World Cup started off slow, but it's really picked up.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
And soon the game against Argentina starts. I think I can safely say that that's gonna be one hell of a match.

Justice Shades said:
Bebus said:
I concur. That Uruguay won solely through Suarez's cheating is nothing short of a travesty and frankly I think this world cup is getting more tarnished by the day.
Sure, Uruguay can't be proud of that, but Ghana got a penalty and could have won, but f'd it up. That's how it works.

Spinozaad

Jun 16, 2008
I'll have a problem if my team, Orange, wins the next match against Uruguay.

Can I get even more drunk and euphoric? It's le impossiblé, the French would have said if they had performed at a pathetic level and had not sabotaged their own chances. But, yeah. Man.

A win over Brazil. Awesome!

I was really impressed with how the Dutch team kept their cool. That has been wildly different in former years.

For today... I hope that Germany wins Argentina, because Maradona annoys me. Then, in the semi-final, I hope that Germany loses to Spain. Now, I hear you say: "But Spinozaad, you're a Dutchman! Surely you want revenge on Germany or Argentina in the possible finals of a World Cup, no?"

Yeah. But you know what? I absolutely effin' hate Argentina. The sooner Maradona is send home, the better. And, well, I don't want a final against the Germans. Because, I admit, nothing is more sweet than defeating Germany in the finals. However nothing is equally as horrible as losing to Germany in the finals.

And a final can swing both ways.

So, I don't care against whom we could win the World Cup, but I'd rather lose to Spain.

Dyme

Nov 18, 2009
Germany vs. Argentina

I hope Argentina is going to lose. Couldn't dislike Maradona and his arrogant behaviour more.
But I suppose Germany will lose.

edit: Though the oracle decided for Germany. But maybe the octopus is trained on always picking the German flag :p