Worst enterainment news ever.

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
commasplice said:
Mine has already happened.
And he let them play one of AiC's songs, just to rub salt in the wound.
They recorded that in my home-town. WHY WASN'T I WARNED?!

I could have made.... arrangements. Terminal ones.
I feel you, man. I only even found out about this because I was searching up songs on youtube. If I had been there, I'd have been throwing some rocks.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
"Bioware has shut down"
"Stephen Fry is dead"

I think that either of those things would make me cry.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
The Maddest March Hare said:
I hate to break it to both of you but...

Article said:
"We are working on our next big game but we are not talking about it", Bethesda game director Todd Howard said during his QuakeCon 2009 keynote (via the Big Download).

But that game is not Elder Scrolls V. Howard said that there are "no current plans" for another game in that series.

So right now, it?s hard to say what Bethesda's next project will be. Who knows, we may actually be in for an entirely new IP. Or we might be in for an Elder Scrolls MMO, of which Howard jokingly said "there?s always a chance."
They actually have cancelled TES:5. At least for a long time.

Links [http://www.xboxic.com/news/5558] to sources [http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/14/quakecon-2009-todd-howard-keynote-highlights/].

OT: All games developers now owned by Apple. Support for other consoles and Windows PCs will be dropped.
I saw that a while back and it did destroy my day but thankfully a couple days later my faith was restored with this:

Blog post:

Apparently some folks got a bit upset by reports based on Todd's talk at QuakeCon last week. An article came out where Todd was quoted as saying we had no plans for a TES V. He did not say that. That was not a direct quote from him. That was someone?s interpretation of what he said. I know, I was there.

At his QuakeCon talk he was asked when TESV is coming out and Todd replied, "Don't look for a new Elder Scrolls game in the near future." He also went on to say how much the franchise means to us and that it definitely will continue. He just wasn't going to provide any timeframe on "when." This should not be news to anyone that has been paying attention. Both Todd and I have said repeatedly that, of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game. The last one was enormously popular. So was the one before that. You get the idea. So do we.

Todd and Bethesda Game Studios are hard at work on their next big game, and we're not ready to discuss it. As always, we prefer to have something amazing to show when we talk about it. We aren't going to confirm or deny or comment on speculation, nor are we going to give hints about anything. If you know us by now, you know we don't really do that.
Source [http://bethblog.com/index.php/2009/08/17/clarifying-about-next-elder-scrolls-game-mmo-etc/]

Miss_Suzumiya

Mar 31, 2010
... ;( Some of Mine are currenlty happening ;;
Hollywood remakes DEATH NOTE Live-action Movie!
Hollywood to remake BATTLE ROYALE.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

Or some god-awful ones...
Mr.logic said:
micheal bay directs code geass movie: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
TOTALLY 'BIG NO'Worthy! That would be HORRIBLE.

* Michael Bay to direct a Haruhi Suzumiya Live-Action Movie
* Vic Mignogna is dead
* VALVE shuts down
* Portal 2 scraped for definite
* Disturbed members killed in freak accident; All surviving records from their currently-in-the-works CD are lost in the freak accident.
* Yahtzee Dead.

*criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies* The last one would make me want to go Hinamizawa on my own ass...

Jun 13, 2009
Ickorus said:
I'd searched around a lot for other news on it, but just kept coming up with more quotes from the QuakeCon article, and never found anything like that. Thank you for brightening my day a little :D

The fact there is still no expected release date is a bit sad though, I hope they don't got all Valve on us and just leave it as an "eventually".

Mondo_Generator

Jun 18, 2009
commasplice said:

What in the Zombie Jesus is that? How could he stoop so low?

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
MICHAEL ATKINSON HAS BEEN GRANTED OWNERSHIP OF THE WORLD!

Yeah, that would be pretty bad...

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
Fiend13 said:
varulfic said:
"Blizzard announces Starcraft 2 will be for consoles only"
let me rephrase that
"a Game Boy Color exclusive"
I am a console and Handheld fan and not that really supportive of PC, however even I think this is a terrible thing to happpen.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
If video games were banned. That would be the worst for me.

Red Right Hand

Squatter
Feb 23, 2009
commasplice said:
Jerry Cantrell you dirty corporate whore!!!

Why can't Layne Staley still be alive!?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
A year ago, I'd say: "Billy Mays is dead."

And then...it happened...

Now, it'd be something like "Peter Molyneux is dead."

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
The Maddest March Hare said:
Ickorus said:
I'd searched around a lot for other news on it, but just kept coming up with more quotes from the QuakeCon article, and never found anything like that. Thank you for brightening my day a little :D

The fact there is still no expected release date is a bit sad though, I hope they don't got all Valve on us and just leave it as an "eventually".
My pleasure.

Im hoping they have some news on it this year, Oblivion is a great game but im running out of things to do on it even with all the modders works.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Uwe Boll, Michael Bay and M. Shymalayan (?) are JOINING FORCES... to create a new breed of gaming experiences.

First up, they will "re-imagine" Mass Effect.

"Mass Effect was a little too 'cerebral', we felt, for our audience," Michael Bay told a press conference. "This can be easily fixed; we will be adding whole new dimensions of explosions and women running around in skimpy tops, pouting and bouncing their assets."

"Also the characters were, like, kinda boring," added Uwe Boll. "So we have given them new weapons and amazing new ethinic stereotypes!"

"Furthermore, we think the franchise needs more tension," said M. Shyamalan. "So we will be using Rachni as bowling balls in a whole new multiplayer minigame."

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mutie

Feb 2, 2009
Michael Bay and Platinum Dunes ot buy rights for a Ninja Turtles remake. Oh wait... THAT'S ACCTUALLY-FUCKING-HAPPENED!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
"Keanu Reaves will be playing Spike Spiegel in a live action adaption of Cowboy Bebop."

Oh wait...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/12/17/keanu-reeves-confirms-live-action-cowboy-bebop-involvement

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Michael Bay makes enough money off last 16 transformers sequels to make a Death Star. Proceeds to make Death Star.