Worst. Weapon. Ever.

Mahoshonen

Jul 28, 2008
I remember from watching the SA Daikatana LP that pretty much all of its weapons were awful to use.

From my own experience, the Apple of Eden from Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. It might not have been klobb-level of awful, but it was less efficient at taking out opponents than you normally do. And the worse part was that you were _forced_ to use it for the rest of the memory! Argh!

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Okysho said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
Danial said:
Okysho said:
Ordinaryundone said:
(Does this count as a hat trick?)

Some people seem to be criticizing my opinion, and hey, I understand their point, I mean no offense to anybody who actually likes this weapon.

I will say that the Gunblade looks dumb... and seems needlessly complicated gameplay-wise. Plus, why call it a Gunblade if it doesn't really function as a gun?

That's all I'm saying, people...
Not offended, yes it's needlessly complex. Your post simply said "how would it work?" and I just said "like a revolver with a bayonet".

Can't it function as a gun? I know squall doesn't use it like one really, but I'm pretty sure Lightning does... (dissidia based knowledge, I've never played FF13)
Ah, thanks for the clarification, mate, I appreciate it.

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
Your fists in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Seriously, what the fuck? How am I supposed to use my fists against gun-toting crazies and huge poisonous insects?

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
Idsertian said:
Nessie's Nine Iron in TF2. I mean seriously Valve, why? Why would you subject yourself to no random crits and -25 max health with no benefits? Or the Atomizer, yeah ok fancy ass triple jump, but that extra jump costs 10 health and you have a 30% slower firing speed and 20% less damage vs players.

Eh? o_O
dude, nessies nine iron is just a reskin of the eyelander. and the atomizer works great if you don't intend to use your bat much (although i personally love beating the shit out of my enemies with an aluminum bat or fish) because you can very easily dodge and evade your enemies. this is especially so with soldiers, who basically can't hit you if your constantly in the air. admittedly this is complicated if they have the direct hit, but at least if they just barely miss with that it does no damage.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Lonely Swordsman said:
Behold: Cutlery pistols

As for game weapons, one that always struck me as pointless was the EMP gun in the Jedi Knight games. There's only two enemies in the single player that are hurt at all and in multiplayer it's just a slower, clumsier version of the standard blaster pistol that eats disruptor rifle and bowcaster ammo.
well lets compare with SA80:

-weight: cutlery wins
-conceal-ability: Cutlery wins
-reliability: well, a musket is more reliable between each reload, Cutlery wins
-capacity: knife "infinite hits" no reload. Cutlery wins
-price: I have never seen cutlery that costs more than $17'000 a piece, SA80 loses, while Cutlery increases in value SA80 is so crap NO ONE will buy it (no overseas sales).
-intimidation factor: "guns for show, knives for pro"
-utility: you can use cutlery as a multi-purpose cutting/eating tool... SA80's secondary function after being an oversized paperweight is it occasionally may fire bullets
-range: OK, 50% of the time SA80 has advantage here, but the time it takes to clear a jam you can run over and shank them.
-running costs: ammo ain't cheap

You know there is a reason the British army STILL practice the bayonet charge and use it effectively was well. Because quite literally cutlery stuck on the end of their rifle makes it more effective that using the rifle itself!

Sarcastic_Applause said:
Wow... i take back what i said about the Klobb's... SA-80's the winner of the worst weapon. I was actually looking up what some Paratroopers thought of the gun series: One of them likened it to a 'civil servant = It never works and can't be fired'. It's unreal that such a money grabbing scheme was orchestrated for something so vital.
I have a lot of respect for the Klobb/Skorpion when you consider what it is: a machine pistol firing a very weak round.

Skorpion is the size and weight of a pistol, it is SO ACCURATE even under full auto which is extraordinary for such a compact weapon, I love it in Black ops for how I am able to be a machien gun sniper.

Dual wield it is a beast, with a long 40hp damage range, huge combined rate of fire and loads of ammo.

But in MGS3 it was my weapon on choice for it's literally laser accuracy, it was the only weapon with a laser sight and had no recoil it was an auto-sniper.

But this is the gun IRL, notice the almost non existent recoil. In fact the top comments are all alleging that he is firing low-recoil blanks (actually impossible with this weapon, it needs an obvious blank-firing adapter)

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
kittii-chan 300 said:
The brick in timesplitters...
Hey! I love that weapon! It's incredibly fun to use.

OT: The Ghost Gun in Timesplitters 3, in multiplayer. Where there aren't any ghosts.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
Conniver's Kunai in Team Fortress 2. I can only think of a couple of possible situations where it would be useful, and all of them are immediately defenestrated by the fact that you have 60 health with it.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
After being corrected by several people, I retract what I said about the Nessie's Nine Iron.

How about the pistols and rifles in Dead Rising 2? Apart from what's his chops six shooter, which is actually pretty good, but the other weapons suck. Very badly.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
The chinese pistol from fallout 3, I took one look at the amount of damage it could do compared to the 10mm pistol (which uses the same ammo) and immediately scrapped it. Also the .32 pistol from fallout 3 was also very useless, it was as weak if not weaker than the chinese pistol; the .32 ammo was best used with the hunting rifle.

spikeyjoey

Sep 9, 2009
xbox hero said:
oh this is easy,the skateboard in skate 3.*thread! :D
dude twatting pedestrians is one of the funniest things you can do!

Personally I hate the Cain from ME3.. i hyped it up to be this ultimate heavy weapon.. but it only has like one shot, and you seem to need to hold down the fire button while aiming to charge it up.. i stuck with the missile launcher

slarrs

Mar 26, 2009
Borderlands rocket launchers... It's not so much that they're useless, it's just... they look so damn impressive but are literally the worst weapon type in the game by infinity.

Also anything not the gravity gun or crowbar in Half life 2.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
The Dice and Fixed Dice weapons in Final Fantasy VI. Don't get me wrong; they're not weak. They're just so damn so. The thing about Final Fantasy VI's combat is that it's so nice and quick. The Dice are not. They turn your normal attack option from "step forwards, swing, step back" into "step forwards, throw dice, wait for result to land, damage shows up, step back." And quite frankly it begins to make single attacks drag on longer than most spells. And no, the chance to deal 9999 pretty early on in the game doesn't make it better.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
The starting pistol in Fort Zombie. Good luck trying to hit anything with the piece of shit, much less reload afterwards.

melikeyshootey

Apr 27, 2011
2 weapons I hate:

1. Sledge's Scattergun from Borderlands had an accuracy of ZERO. You would have to go right in front of an enemy to efficiently kill them.

2. The M72 LAW from COD: Black Ops. In multiplayer, you can't do squat with that rocket launcher. If you shoot 5 feet away from an enemy, they don't die. If you disagree, let me remind you IT'S A ROCKET LAUNCHER!