Worst. Weapon. Ever.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
I personally dislike the God of War 1 blade of Artemis, it doesn't do as much damage as it should, and it's too slow to really be able to block
Idsertian said:
Nessie's Nine Iron in TF2. I mean seriously Valve, why? Why would you subject yourself to no random crits and -25 max health with no benefits? Or the Atomizer, yeah ok fancy ass triple jump, but that extra jump costs 10 health and you have a 30% slower firing speed and 20% less damage vs players.

Eh? o_O
I'm prettttty sure it uses Eyelander stats
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Nessie%27s_Nine_Iron
read the second line please :D

And the atomizer isn't used to make kills, no melee is really the weapon of choice (besides demomen with their bloody targe, and of course the spy) it's more of a last resort. The triple jump to completely mess with other classes by bouncing around like a little bunny.
An all-the focus-lies-in-melee user is a bad player, in any mode other than medieval mode :)

BSCCollateral

Jul 9, 2011
The starting 5.56mm carbine from Mercenaries.

Paradoxically, not because it is a bad weapon. It's actually decent. However, your most common enemy drops 7.62 ammunition, so you're much better off with the 7.62 LMG.

Sarcastic_Applause

Dec 1, 2010
Treblaine said:
Sarcastic_Applause said:
SA-80 series =
"Never Forget That Your Weapon Was Made By The Lowest Bidder".
Well there is something worse than a weapon being from the "lowest bidder"... if there was no bidding at all!

Royal Ordinance was chosen not because they could make a good rifle, nor even for the lowest price, but because IF they had a contract then the government could sell the company at a higher price.

They spend half a billion pounds, or $1 billion ($2 billion in today's money) for only 175'000 rifles. For a rifle barely fit for purpose.

Americans joke about the "lowest bidder" but politicians and public scrutinising every decision with taxpayer's money to get the most bang for their buck more often than not turns out better for them than back-room deals.
Wow... i take back what i said about the Klobb's... SA-80's the winner of the worst weapon. I was actually looking up what some Paratroopers thought of the gun series: One of them likened it to a 'civil servant = It never works and can't be fired'. It's unreal that such a money grabbing scheme was orchestrated for something so vital.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
ppsh41 said:
Treblaine said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Treblaine said:
Outside of games: the SA80 rifle series
And to give a game reference, try using the piece of shit in STALKER. The thing will start to break down and misfire after the third bloody clip. The gun is useless, uses expensive ammo, and it is quickly outclassed once you order a Tunder from the order guy.
Wow, Stalker is SOOO inaccurate, the SA80 never had reliability that bad.

IT WAS WORSE!

In CQC trials an officer noted that for every soldiers the L85A1 would have a fault Every. Single. Magazine.

And the terrible position of the cocking handle and ejection port meant you had to be a contortionist to clear the weapon. It took as long to clear a fault as reloading a muzzle loading rifle and just about as awkward.

And this was in the "ideal" environment of temperate English climate. In Kuwait it sabotaged operations.
|
Don't rage at me, but the SA 80 Was one of my favorite guns in that game, The most useless in STALKER was the shotgun you started with. That thing was horrid

EDIT for the outside of games, Im sorry but the AR-15 Rifle series at its inception. The rifle is garbage, the round is garbage and the reliability is garbage
That didn't really sound like raging. I think he was just reinforcing how terrible it is in real life that in STALKER it's actually BETTER. Which I find quite hilarious myself.

Also, the AR-15 is kinda terrible in STALKER. Its not bad in COP but in clear sky its jamming after my fourth clip every time I shoot it in full auto. I still use it though, its so damn accurate that I rarely use four clips before i'm at the next guy who can repair it.

Mutants? I use my hunting rifle with shot. I've had that thing since the start of the game and i'm not putting it down XD

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Ordinaryundone said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I'd say the Gunblade... mainly because I have no idea how that thing would realistically work...
It doesn't actually shoot bullets. When you pull the trigger, it causes the blade to vibrate, making it do more damage. Thats why you have to pull it in sync with Squall's attacks during his Limit Breaks for more damage.
Ah, the Viblader, Kerrigan the Queen of Blades favorite weapon for reasons unrelated to combat...

OT: Dante's pistols from DMC4, it takes a half hour to kill anything beyond weakest tier enemies and then the game calls you shit for spamming the pistols adding insult to uselessness.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
I have two (one being bad but the other being iconic)

The first one is any shotgun with a scope in Borderlands. Granted the weapon itself might not be that bad but anything that has such a short range should not have a scope! Especially one that could be considered a sniper scope.

Second is the Kingdom Key. It's iconic but in Kingdom Hearts I it's actually an awful weapon. As soon as you get another keychain, switch out! But what's weird is in KHII, you can actually beat the game without having to switch out to another keychain on most difficulties.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
GreenSscythe said:
No question, the stupid weapon of all time aka the GUNBLADE!!!!! It makes no sense!!!
Which one? FF XIII's gunblades,which don't make a lick of sense,or FF VIII's gunblades,which detonate a bullet in the chamber upon pulling the trigger,causing the blade to vibrate,thus causing more serious wounds?

ppsh41

Aug 18, 2011
dogstile said:
ppsh41 said:
Treblaine said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Treblaine said:
Outside of games: the SA80 rifle series
And to give a game reference, try using the piece of shit in STALKER. The thing will start to break down and misfire after the third bloody clip. The gun is useless, uses expensive ammo, and it is quickly outclassed once you order a Tunder from the order guy.
Wow, Stalker is SOOO inaccurate, the SA80 never had reliability that bad.

IT WAS WORSE!

In CQC trials an officer noted that for every soldiers the L85A1 would have a fault Every. Single. Magazine.

And the terrible position of the cocking handle and ejection port meant you had to be a contortionist to clear the weapon. It took as long to clear a fault as reloading a muzzle loading rifle and just about as awkward.

And this was in the "ideal" environment of temperate English climate. In Kuwait it sabotaged operations.
|
Don't rage at me, but the SA 80 Was one of my favorite guns in that game, The most useless in STALKER was the shotgun you started with. That thing was horrid

EDIT for the outside of games, Im sorry but the AR-15 Rifle series at its inception. The rifle is garbage, the round is garbage and the reliability is garbage
That didn't really sound like raging. I think he was just reinforcing how terrible it is in real life that in STALKER it's actually BETTER. Which I find quite hilarious myself.

Also, the AR-15 is kinda terrible in STALKER. Its not bad in COP but in clear sky its jamming after my fourth clip every time I shoot it in full auto. I still use it though, its so damn accurate that I rarely use four clips before i'm at the next guy who can repair it.

Mutants? I use my hunting rifle with shot. I've had that thing since the start of the game and i'm not putting it down XD
He wasn't raging before, I have had bad experiences with disagreeing with the common consensus on the internet. I have never played CS in depth so it could be terrible (given how bad the game is). I was referring to SOC, The NATO weapons in SOC are my favorite because I put an ACOG and silencer and I have a sniper rifle that is good at medium range and if I need to I can use it at Close range.

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
Behold: Cutlery pistols

As for game weapons, one that always struck me as pointless was the EMP gun in the Jedi Knight games. There's only two enemies in the single player that are hurt at all and in multiplayer it's just a slower, clumsier version of the standard blaster pistol that eats disruptor rifle and bowcaster ammo.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
Dual pistols in Super Crate Box. You can now not-kill-anything in both directions at once! Good luck fighting your way up to the next crate!

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
The Broken Sword in Demon's Souls. It is only useful since you can upgrade it into a decent sword, otherwise nil damage and poo range.
The Slaves Shield is also very very useless.

Double A said:
It's just that swinging a mace is so fundamentally different from a sword. It's too bad Bethesda thought it wasn't realistic and removed it for Skyrim in favor of 1-handed skills and specialization in different kinds of weapons.
Having had experience with a multitude of melee weapons, I can say otherwise. The only difference is the balance, which isn't always a difference (viking longswords are very blade heavy). If you can use a sword well, it wouldn't take but a few swings to learn to use a mace well.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
The Soul Cube from DOOM 3. You have to kill 5 other enemies with your normal wepaons just to charge it up and when you do it's still fucking useless. It's only purpose is to kill the end boss which I thought was just stupid since I've got a fucking Gatling gun, a rocket launcher and the motherfucking BFG with me, why the hell would I be using this piece of crap?

Jak23

Oct 1, 2010
Basically any rocket launcher in Borderlands, you either hit the guy right on the dot or he hardly get's hurt! Have you ever heard of splash damage Gearbox!

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
maninahat said:
Okysho said:
CrazyGirl17 said:
I'd say the Gunblade... mainly because I have no idea how that thing would realistically work...
A revolver with a really big bayonet. No mystery there. Although truth be told the design isn't completely realistic it's not hard to picture a beretta, glock or even a colt (since they're supposedly revolvers) with bayonets.

Rifles use them all the time, it's just a knife.
A knife 6 times the length of the pistol, without a proper handle to counter balance it, whilst being too heavy to aim straight. Not a great idea. There are some (very cool) [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzgppGj0sww] pistol bayonets out there, but even they are of dubious practicality. A pistol grip does not make for a very good sword hand.
That is very cool.

I wasn't arguing the practicality of the weapon, simply that it'd work in a similar fashion as a revolver with a bayonet, since that's what the post I quoted seemed to be confused about.

While I admit the gunblades are awesome looking they're very impractical. If I had a bayonet pistol it'd be like the one you just posted.

Burs

Jan 28, 2011
Dominic Burchnall said:
The Beam Rifle from Star Wars Battlefront II

This weapon is supposed to be a reward upgrade for the Sniper class, but the scope has a lower magnification, it takes twice as many shots to drop a target, and headshots do not 1-hit-kill, I mean what is the point in a sniper rifle that can't kill with a headshot? However, the single most incompetent feature is the fact that, being a BEAM Rifle, every shot you fire leaves a great glowing trace from your target back to your sniper nest, which persists for about three seconds after the shot is fired, and instantly attracting a hail of enemy fire to your position. Quite possibly, the most useless sniper rifle seen in a theatre of warfare.
It was supposedto be "anti-material" and saying that makes it even worse when most folk as snipers stuck by the checkpoints.

Galaxy Roll

Jul 28, 2011
In Cave Story, you collect experience which levels up your weapons (1-2-3-MAX [MAX isn't actually a level, just level 3 with a nice exp cushion). Getting hit loses exp and delevels them.

The Nemesis is weird though, because at level 1, it's one of the strongest weapons in the game, boasting a high rate of fire and pretty good damage, while at level 2, it's hardly as powerful as your starting gun. At level 3 it shoots rubber ducks.

Also it takes 1 exp to level up each level. Since exp is dropped from every enemy in the form of bouncing yellow triangles, you'll have to either be The One to dodge them all or a masochist and keep getting hit to downgrade it, because should you touch even 2 tiny +1 exp things, you'll be shooting rubber ducks.

Its anti-leveling trait makes it outclassed by every gun in the game.

Edit:

Dominic Burchnall said:
The Beam Rifle from Star Wars Battlefront II

This weapon is supposed to be a reward upgrade for the Sniper class, but the scope has a lower magnification, it takes twice as many shots to drop a target, and headshots do not 1-hit-kill, I mean what is the point in a sniper rifle that can't kill with a headshot? However, the single most incompetent feature is the fact that, being a BEAM Rifle, every shot you fire leaves a great glowing trace from your target back to your sniper nest, which persists for about three seconds after the shot is fired, and instantly attracting a hail of enemy fire to your position. Quite possibly, the most useless sniper rifle seen in a theatre of warfare.
The normal sniper rifle leaves a rather noticeable trail. Also you're kidding yourself if you think that the game's AI need you shooting at them to know where you are. Those things are bloodhounds with eagle vision I swear.

It doesn't have a lower magnification. The regular sniper rifle has a normal scope and a ranged scope. The Beam Rifle only has a ranged scope, meaning it goes to full zoom twice as fast.

The Beam Rifle isn't meant for headshots.It fires a beam that lasts for a second or so. You're supposed to focus that beam on them anywhere, as it does small amounts of damage really fast while you hold the beam on them, enough damage to one shot most classes with a body shot.

Also it pierces through targets. You're supposed to stand in front of oncoming enemies and mow them down as the approach, which is hilariously unsniper-like.

If you don't want to use it, just don't switch off of the normal sniper rifle. It's better than your pistol anyways; that thing can only kill if you unload a full round without missing (and even then some things will survive.) Your sniper rifle will kill pretty much everything with two body shots.

So yeah, for a Sniper Rifle, it's pretty terrible. For an "in the fray" gun with particularly long range, it's great.

Okysho

Sep 12, 2010
CrazyGirl17 said:
Danial said:
Okysho said:
Ordinaryundone said:
(Does this count as a hat trick?)

Some people seem to be criticizing my opinion, and hey, I understand their point, I mean no offense to anybody who actually likes this weapon.

I will say that the Gunblade looks dumb... and seems needlessly complicated gameplay-wise. Plus, why call it a Gunblade if it doesn't really function as a gun?

That's all I'm saying, people...
Not offended, yes it's needlessly complex. Your post simply said "how would it work?" and I just said "like a revolver with a bayonet".

Can't it function as a gun? I know squall doesn't use it like one really, but I'm pretty sure Lightning does... (dissidia based knowledge, I've never played FF13)

mip0

Nov 25, 2009
Simeon Ivanov said:
The cane from Dr. Jekyll and Mister Hyde ... it literally does nothing!!!
Sorry if some one has pointed this out already; you can kill bees with that cane. Avgn does it in the revisit episode I think.

91stCataclysm

Dec 19, 2008
The Makarov pistol from the STALKER series. Oh god, the Makarovs... You were often stuck using it early on, it did crap damage, had a tiny magazine even while prone and firing from a sights-up position you'd have had a hell of a time trying to hit anything farther than 10 meters away. To make matters worse, the Makarovs oyu had early on were usually badly in need of repair and would also jam every so often.