Would you date your avatar?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
EternallyBored said:
Boris Goodenough said:
SweetShark said:
Btw, why the most users think "Date=Sex"?
It is just a date for god shake.
Maybe you would be able to date a specific human/robot/pony/demon/alien/banner/octopus/dragon/pokemon only once without sex.
Why do you think the other human/robot/pony/demon/alien/banner/octopus/dragon/pokemon will like you?
Would you go on a date with someone you didn't want to have sex with (asexuals aside)?
Depends, the OP only specified, a date, not that we had to keep dating, or that sex was ever expected at any point in time, the number of people interpreting this topic as "will I have sex with my avatar" seem to be making massive assumptions that aren't in the OP. If we are talking only about a date, dinner and a movie, kind of thing, with no expectation of followup, then most of the people saying yes aren't really being that weird, I'm heterosexual, but the chance to hang out with awesome fictional or real characters and people for a night would allow me to bend my normal preferences quite a lot. If we extrapolate the scenario to a full relationship with sex, marriage, and weird half-human, half-whatever kids then yeah, that narrows down what most people are going to say yes too.

I think that's why we are seeing some variability in the answers here, some people are imagining it as just a single date, basically an outing with a little romantic tension, other people are imagining an entire relationship, that the date is going to lead to further dates and eventually marriage.

There's also some people assuming they have a choice in the matter, the OP states that the character in your avatar WANTS to date you. Some of the people saying no are probably going to find themselves going whether they like it or not, especially anyone with crazy, powerful, or villainous avatars. God help you if they are all 3.
Oh! Good point I must say about our Avatars want go on a date with us. I didn't noticed this detail [even if it was very obvious].
Thank you also pointing out the issue with the most responds in this Thread.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
EternallyBored said:
Boris Goodenough said:
I'm not taking it very seriously either, just commenting on how many people seem to be reading the title of the thread not as "Would you date your avatar?" and more treating it as, "Would you fuck your avatar?".
Yep, and thank you for this.
OP must see this and make a side note before the other users answer.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
Assuming it's Laurentius and not some random pyromancer.

Yep, given a few considerations.

One, that he would have to be into men. I have no knowledge of him having any interest either way.

Two, that he wouldn't go hollow in the time that we're together. And that him being undead doesn't get in the way of things. Because... you know.

Otherwise, he's a pretty cool guy. His knowledge about pyromancy would make him an interesting person to talk to.

But he's a nice guy. And his accent is sexy. xD

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
My avatar is a Chimera...and likely a Shoggoth who changed into one...I haven't decided canonically...also, I made it so that would be some kind of incestuous, beastiality kind of thing...so probably not...

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JoJo said:
Barbas said:
Certainly. He is a marvellous travelling companion and conversationalist. He is funny, witty and charming. We'd have much to talk about on our journeys and quests. It couldn't hurt to be on friendlier terms with such a fuzzy-wuzzy, cuddly Daedric manifestation.
Huh, I hadn't seen that you'd joined Pub Club, welcome to the club Barbas! Hope to see you on the Pub Club forum some time.
Thanks, I'm enjoying the larger avatar already. Now people can read what it says! :D

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Well. Uhh. Yeah. There isn't much more to say than that. Choose somewhere nice. A tea house. Do not go to Crazy Sparky's Inferno of Steaks. That is a poor decision.

Mrkillhappy

Sep 18, 2012
The fact that my avatar is a fifteen year old girl and not real I would say yes. Mostly because of looks, though I do enjoy a person who has a strong self reliance.

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
No, I would not date a Tonberry. I would like to be friends with one though. They're so cute and deadly~!

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Well.. a date, sure why not. If only to run around a shoot magic at everything that moves. Also that pwny probably know a shit-ton of stuff.

Romantically? Neh, them ponies are cute but not attractive. I'd give her a big hug though.

Tomeran

Nov 17, 2011
Not really into men. If I was, im fairly sure I wouldnt be into a man that is guilty of mass-murder(mostly through self-defense but still) and soaks up all the alcohol and painkillers in his immidiate vicinity like a spunge.

Sorry Max.

Phantom Kat

Sep 26, 2012
I'm not really into catboys (or males in general) so I'll pass. I think he also counts as a Nazi so there's that too.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Would I date my Avatar? I think I'd been asked this before, and my answer is still yes. Lesbian relationship with Olivia Wilde? FUCKING JACKPOT.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Considering that mine is me, I don't see how a date is possible.

Off topic:

Capcha: frankly my dear
My answer: I don't give a damn

Didn't accept it, but totally should have.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I was going to sarcasm but then I remembered that the internet has tons of people that legitimately want to fuck sonic creeping around it. Guess I'll go with the vanilla "no"

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
OmniscientOstrich said:
Zing! Yeah, the spaceship. I mean it has the entire city of Boston encased within it, so that gives me a lot more options to work with. :3 (Plus to be honest I only really care about the first two albums, which might make things awkward for me and Tom XD).
I actually like Walk On, though I think I'm in a minority there. It doesn't hurt that it was a new album when I was in my formative years and so my dad played the hell out of it. Familiarity, possibly.

Anyway, I'd just date the city. I like it far more than the people (most of them, anyway).

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Hmm... That's a good question. Considering my preferred attractions falls squarely in the female category, it would seem like the question has already been answered before any real fun thinking happened. Then again, Mr. Edgeworth is one sexy man-beast...

Alright! I'll do it! Life is meant to be full of risks and experimentation. I'll ask him now...
... Mr. Edgeworth?

Yes? Can I help you with something?

Well, I must admit, I've been a big admirer of yours for quite a while.

Hmph. Not entirely unexpected, if I do say so myself.

I'm glad you think so! I was wondering if you'd like to go out for tea sometime.

Hmm. My court schedule is rather busy, but I believe I could make time for a lunch meeting between friends.

Oh! Um... I didn't--Well, what I actually meant was... I was thinking something a little more...

A little more? More what? I suggest you say what you mean clearly!

..... Well it's just a little... hard for me to ask this... but I.....

Spit it out or I'll find you in contempt of court!!!

GAH! I WANT TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU!!!

GAAAHH! I... W-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?

OH! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have yelled... But... still... Will you go out with me?

............Gnnk.....I......Erm.......That is..................

Oh man... I've made a terrible mistake. I'll, uh... I'll just be going now. Sorry to waste your time...

....... Why do I always end up with the weird admirers...?

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
She's definitely younger than legal age in the original game, but there's a 20 year old version of her in the upcoming 3DS game, so that's not an issue.

An adorable girl who singlehandedly fought through perilous platforms and freaky fish? I'd say yes.

She's the eponymous character from Umihara Kawase, BTW.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
...I really doubt he would give me a choice in the matter.

Also, I'm a heterosexual male, but Darkwolf is so manly that standing next to him would make me a woman by comparison, so I don't know.