Xbox Infinity unveiling in less than 10 hours

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Terminate421 said:
The new call of duty looks great. Seriously, fuck the haters.
Amen man. It actually looks fairly decent and hopefully the dog ai can be useful. Though it doesn't look as stealthy as the name Ghosts suggests.

Requia

Apr 4, 2013
capper42 said:
Requia said:
They didn't even announce specs... No refutation of always online or anti-used game policies...
I thought they did announce specs? I haven't been paying full attention but I'm sure I heard a bunch of numbers and stuff.

On topic, CoD looks lame.
They said a bunch of stuff about number of transistiors. Aside from mentioning the RAM though it was all technobabble.

The Apple BOOM

Nov 16, 2012
On the topic of CoD, I actually applaud them for the low latency and 60 fps. Is the gameplay going to have actually depth to its multiplayer this time, though?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Terminate421 said:
Yeah, I do wonder if it's story can compare to Black Ops 2 though...

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
SSJBlastoise said:
Terminate421 said:
Amen man. It actually looks fairly decent and hopefully the dog ai can be useful. Though it doesn't look as stealthy as the name Ghosts suggests.
I imagine a mission like All Ghillied Up where you have to use the dog to sniff out a mine field and find mines and such.

Seriously, I promised myself that Black Ops 2 would be the last one I buy. But DAMN, they got me hooked again.

tendaji

Aug 15, 2008
Ghosts better have silencers in like all of the missions. And I'm calling it now, the dog will die at some point during the campaign in a dramatic way.

Aug 19, 2010
SSJBlastoise said:
Terminate421 said:
As much as I agree with both of you, I urge caution. Looks can deceive, well illustrated by recent events in the gaming scene.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Well that was a waste of an hour. Absolutely nothing I personally care about. No addressing of nasty rumors either. I'll admit that there are some neat features, but most of them felt superfluous and they barely even talked about the games. Ghosts looks fine, but as someone who doesn't play COD or sports games, there was virtually nothing in there that appealed to me. The stupid teaser for quantum whatever was probably the most baffling part. I guess all the sports fans, COD fans, and people who are utterly taken in by convenience will be happy. This really set a poor tone for the future of XBOX (not that I ever liked it in the first place).

Also, is everyone pretty much in agreement that the name is dumb? I get they were going for a simplified approach, but it just comes off as confusing and has no impact.

djl3485

Sep 30, 2012
Capitano Segnaposto said:
SSJBlastoise said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
...So far this is incredibly dissapointing. For a game console, I want to see some GAMES. Who cares about TV shows? Who cares about Voice Control? I buy gaming consoles for GAMES, generally exclusive games, but games none the less. So far this entire showing has been nothing except disappointment and annoyance.
I have a feeling that that is probably because E3 is in a couple of weeks. I mean there's no point advertising all of your games now and repeat it all over in a couple of weeks at a show that is dedicated to gaming whereas this is more of a reveal to hype the console and cover most of its features.
I know that, however we know of 4 Major Franchises that are on 360. Halo, Gears of War, Forza, and Call of Duty. Sure, I understand not wanting to show all your major players, but no one cares about some bullshit TV app or some TV show. Early adopters want GAMES.

The point of console reveals is to go, "Hey, this is our new console. Look at the types of games you can play (even if it is just tech demos) and here are a few of the games that will be released!." Then they can go, "Oh, this console can also do X and Y using blah blah blah."

Games and the hardware should be shown first. Everything else is secondary.
No one cares? I care so I just proved you wrong.

From my lurking on the boards I find some of you just want to ***** for bitching sake.

They announced one exclusive in Quantum Break. They also said they have 15 exclusives they will release in the 1st year, with 8 of those 15 being new IPs. That should be enough for you until E3, which as SSJBlastoise said is the reason they didn't go into detail about the games.

Just like Sony this was a console reveal to show specs, tech and features. The games will come, take a chill pill.

Th37thTrump3t

Nov 12, 2009
For those bitching about the fact that they didn't really show off any games, this was just them saying "Hey, this is our new console and this is what it can do." It was nothing more than an overview of the new system. I wouldn't expect anything in the way of actual game announcements until E3 which is only a few weeks away.

People are so impatient these days...

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Soooo. Yeah. This basically confirmed my thoughts that the Xbox was going to be about ordering pizza and watching TV rather than playing games. And it looks like a VHS player from the 90s. Good job I wasn't going to buy one anyway.

So far all of their game announcements weren't exactly shockers. New Fifa, new Madden, new CoD. Stop the presses! And I couldn't help but laugh at the Call of Duty thing. It's basically the plot of Homefront. And apparently character creation is innovative, I guess Rainbow Six Vegas was just a figment of my imagination all along.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
So...
SONY
-Announced Specs +1
-Didn't show the console -1
-No women on stage -1
TOTAL -1

MICROSOFT
-Didn't announce Specs -1
-Did show the console +1
-2 women on stage +2
TOTAL 2

Microsoft wins?
Just in case, this is ironic count, ok?

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
High polycount, flat water/fire effects (disguised with screen space filters), and they had to make 'Look at our detail' excuses before showing. Why? 'Cause it looks roughly the same as the last one did. To borrow a phrase, 'There's no 'There' there.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Well looks like PS4 is going to take this generation, at least they seem dedicated to games.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
The reveal provided for some interesting stock movement.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SNE

I'm amused...

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I suppose this could all be seen as great, if you're a CoD player. But really, most of you would have been happy if that game just came out on the 360; the sales numbers for every CoD game basically says as much. If you aren't a CoD player then they really didn't show a single appealing thing the entire conference. Objectively speaking, it was much worse then the Sony one (how is that even possible?) with an even greater apparent distance between them and their understanding of their audience. The fact that they brought 343 on to talk about a SHOW and not a GAME... I just... wow, just wow. I mean it's great Halo is getting a TV series, but really what in the world does that really have to do with a console? they could have announced that at ANY time. Did they really have so much of 'nothing' to work with?

Fuck, I get more gaming news from a single Nintendo direct.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
One question that I'm trying to answer is what are the 7 established, exclusive IPs that will get new game in the next year? I can think of are Halo, Gears of War and Forza 5. Does this maybe mean we might see another Perfect Dark game? I'm sure I'm missing obvious ones because I'm tired but if anyone can help name them that would be awesome.