Yes I smoke.. So I'm the devil now?

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
nbamaniac said:
dmase said:
Other people just don't get it, smoking is relaxing and helps me focus. I do like the taste, but I prefer cigars for taste.

Also I'm more willing to judge you for only smoking 4 a day. I mean seriously do you ever finish a pack before they go stale?
I usually buy my pack and share it with my friends so yeah we pretty much finish packs in one day.
Oh so now you are trying to kill them off as well. Well done.

nbamaniac

Apr 29, 2011
Digikid said:
nbamaniac said:
dmase said:
Other people just don't get it, smoking is relaxing and helps me focus. I do like the taste, but I prefer cigars for taste.

Also I'm more willing to judge you for only smoking 4 a day. I mean seriously do you ever finish a pack before they go stale?
I usually buy my pack and share it with my friends so yeah we pretty much finish packs in one day.
Thank you. Murdering my friends is hard work especially when they do it willingly to themselves. :p

I do admire the hostility though. Proves the point a lot more. :)

CommanderX1125

Oct 12, 2011
KelsieKatt said:
I really don't care what smokers do with themselves and if they want to mess up their own body that's fine, it's their life, not my business.

Only time I take offense to it is if someone is smoking around other people who did not approve choking on their fumes. It's simply not ok to put other people's lives in danger for your own entertainment, not to mention it smells like shit.

Although, I'd say the absolute worst which I consider to be extremely morally twisted is people who have children and smoke around them regularly. Honestly, I think they should be arrested for child abuse. If you decide to have a child, for god sakes quit, for their sake, you have no right to put anyone's life in danger like that, especially a child who has no choice in the matter and is forced to live with it.
Okay, so when I hit "post" it vanished, so if it suddenly double posts, very sorry.

Anyway, first line I agree with 100%, good times, but the rest I'm afraid I'll have to stop there. Earlier I posted a link discussing this very matter, as well as a brief description and quotes to a court case which rebukes the idea that second-hand smoke has any discernible health risks outside of those who are asthmatic, or have an allergy to it.

If you'd like, I'll gladly send you the link, as well as information on the court case itself, just message me, as I don't want to repost the same information here.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Old Trailmix said:
Despite your thoughts on how a "Marlboro livens up the day" you're goddamn addicted, and that's a fact.
Four a day? That doesn't sound like an addiction at all. Christ, I /eat/ four times a day. I watch TV four times a day. I'll sometimes even take a swig of whiskey four times a day. Hell, i've been doing that last one for the last couple months and I stopped two weeks ago and haven't had the urge since. It honestly does just sound like he's just smoking because he wants to.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
I've never had a problem with smokers, and honestly it isn't that bad of a smell to me. At the end of the day if somebody wants to do that to themselves it's not my problem. Now I do have a problem with assholes, but that's just a general thing.

I have a friend from college who smokes, he's the nicest damn guy about it too. He'll either wait for you to go or make sure he's standing downwind of the group.

CODE-D

Feb 6, 2011
I force my friend to smoke outside if he comes over.
You wanna that bad, go outside in the cold.
He comes back in of course smells up the fucking room because the smell clings to clothes.
Uggh.

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
nbamaniac said:
Don't you just love the metaphorical crucifixion of smokers? High-five from another smoker!

What I choose to do with my own life is no one else's business. That's something everyone's got to understand. You don't see me campaigning against all the idiots who sit on the couch all day, stuffing their faces full of extremely unhealthy food/drinks. I'm not crying about how you should get out of the goddamn couch and move around, you fat son of a *****. Why do you (yes, you!) think it's okay to criticize me for my smoking? And don't give me any bullshit about second-hand smoking. If I one day decide to stand right next to you, light up and puff that shit down your throat, well, then I'll give you permission to complain. Until then? Just shut the hell up.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
As long as you don't go blowing it all up in my face with a smug smile I'm fine with you, and anyone else, being a smoker.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
nbamaniac said:
Digikid said:
nbamaniac said:
dmase said:

Thank you. Murdering my friends is hard work especially when they do it willingly to themselves. :p

I do admire the hostility though. Proves the point a lot more. :)
Happy to oblige......you Devil.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Deviate said:
CODE-D said:
I force my friend to smoke outside if he comes over.
You wanna that bad, go outside in the cold.
He comes back in of course smells up the fucking room because the smell clings to clothes.
Uggh.
And you have the audacity to look down on smokers? You are forcing a friend - a friend with a severe addiction even - to go outside and face worse health issues than just the smoking itself, just because you're too much of a priss to handle a little smoke scent? What do you do if you visit someone who uses incense? Burn down their house with a flamethrower?

I also hope you don't ever cook something with curry or anything else that smells (that sticks to the clothes too), sweat profusely or otherwise generate anything that others might consider unpleasant. By your standards, that would justify fairly nasty treatment of you.

Out of you and your friend... you're the one that should be classified as a douche.
You sir have it COMPLETELY the wrong way around. I would do the exact same thing. If the other friend was a TRUE friend he would not subject the other with his cancerous , idiotic habit.

Deviate is completely correct in this case. His friend, and you, are completely in the wrong.

"His house, his rules"

dslatch

Apr 15, 2009
4 smokes a day, luck bastard i cant go without half pack a day. Stay at four smokes a day the nicotine shakes fucking suck.

Mr Somewhere

Mar 9, 2011
Smoking?!

Get thee behind me Satan!

No, it's not evil. It's cool. I don't smoke, it isn't healthy. But yes, it can provide a certain atmosphere of cool, I don't think anybody can deny that (okay maybe they can) but as an avid fan of film noir I've always felt that certain people can just look effortlessly cool whilst smoking.

Eh, or maybe it tastes good? Life is short, enjoy what you can while you can. It's better off not being hung up on others opinions.

Feb 13, 2008
Smoking is a visible drug that smells bad. That's why it gets all the hate.

If Coffee smelt as bad as Cigarettes do (to other people) then it'd be banzored quicker than you could say mochafrappucino.

Root [Smoker of 20 a day for 20 years, free from the habit for 6 months now]

P.S. Cigarette Smoke is a catalyst for underlying problems, it's not the cause. You can smoke until you're 100 with no ill-health, you can die after a few packs. But you can't die from a single instance, and it's still legal.