You Are Probably Not Using Internet Explorer to Read This

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Funny... because I could swear I'm using Internet Explorer right now.

Whatever. People keep telling me "Get Firefox" or "Don't use IE". I don't see any problems with IE. Its not like its really slow to load pages and it doesn't crash all the time and it doesn't fuck up constantly, so I see no problem with it. Until some issues start arising with IE I'll probably keep on using it.

Nexus4

Jul 13, 2010
Opera FTW! anyway, I think people are leaving IE because Microsoft doesn't do much to make the browser any more intuitive. On Firefox and Opera, you can mod and customize it with gadgets, skins etc. Stuff that IE lacks, innovation is key Microsoft; do some overhauling of IE and the numbers would probably rise again.

matt87_50

Apr 3, 2009
you know... Apple bundle Safari with their OS, and - incidentally - they bundle the HARDWARE with their OS (or may as well).

so what? just because they SUCK at making a monopoly out of their anti-competitive ways, they're ok?

doesn't seem fair to me...

either way, I think bundling a browser with your OS is perfectly fine. you don't HAVE to use it, it doesn't cost more than to not have it bundled...

with MS, it seems like everyone (by which i mean, the 'regulators') is still sore over the dodgy ways MS made a monopoly in the operating system market... but rather than actually going to the source, and punishing them properly FOR THAT, the actual thing they did wrong, they seem to have just given up and in a show of bad sportsmanship seem to now go after them for all the 'monopolies' that develop as a side effect of letting them get away with the big one! things - such as the BS EU browser case - that would be perfectly acceptable if it wasn't for them already having a monopoly in the area that counts... hence, apple get away with it, and MS don't.

too bad. you lost. either do something to fix the ACTUAL UNDERLYING problem, or stfu, because BS cases like the EU with IE, just suck.

now, if there was reason for there to be only ONE OS used, for reasons of practicality and efficiency, then sure, the lucky duck who got to make it would have to be neutral and unbiased as to what software was run on it. but, though it may look that way, that is CERTAINLY not the case.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I'm using Firefox as Google Chrome is not working right now. Good, IE is terrible. INNOVATE DAMN IT!

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Internet Explorer. The world's favorite web browser for downloading a better browser. It gives us so much while asking for so little :')

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
I haven't tried Chrome, but I have tried firefox and hated it. It may be because I've collected a heap of useful toolbars for IE after using it for so long, but firefox felt really stripped down and ugly to me.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
I'm definitely a Chrome fanatic after IE made me want to hack the limbs off of a cactus due to that unnerving slowness.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Firefox for me, thanks.
Often have many, many tabs open at once, and it doesn't faze Firefox at all. And since I don't do my work online and for a company that only accepts IE (like some users on here), Firefox has been compatible with... Well, everything I've used it for so far. ^_^

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Trivun said:
I use Internet Explorer for reading webcomics and for doing things that I don't want my friends to know about -_-. I'll leave it to you to guess what I mean by that.

But for everything else, I use Safari. This happened after it was automatically installed on my laptop when I installed iTunes, and I was fed up of IE as it kept shutting down, cutting out, without warning whenever I browsed The Escapist. Though that problem has gone, when I tried Safari out I was hooked, and now I use it for everything apart from the above mentioned things. With webcomics, at least, it's easier because I already have a folder in my Favourites tab with the ones I read regularly, so it's easier than trying to do it all over again setting one up in Safari. I read a lot of webcomics...
Just as a point of interest.
Firefox has a private browsing feature that prevents any history or data being recorded on your computer.
Also, unless you want the webcomics private as well for some reason, I use a variety of folders to store bookmarks to my common sites and comics just underneath my address bar.
I'm also not sure if you can move it from IE to Firefox but a thought might be that bookmarks and favorites are typically stored in a folder you transfer from computer to computer. It's not inconceivable that it would just be an address list compatible with being switched out, though I'm not certain.

I do understand a stubbornness to switch from what works though, it took me a good year to be convinced to make the switch by friends.

Off of that though, I also use Firefox for Persona's as I've made my own Rozen Maiden skin and I'm far to accustomed to the pretty purples, blues, and reds.