You Are Probably Not Using Internet Explorer to Read This

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
I use Firefox, but sometimes i'll pop open exploder for YouTube or stuff like that.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Ah, Chrome, how I love you =D

Wouldn't let my cursor touch IE if my life depended on it.

Edit: I also have Safari and Firefox for backup =] In case Chrome packs up on me, which hasn't happened yet.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
I use Firefox but have IE to open sites that firefox screws up on and have Safari on my iPod

jumb

Apr 3, 2010
I still have to use IE sometimes because Hotmail has a bunch of bugs for other browsers and the bastards wont fix them.

Things like the browser wont remember more than one log in (a pain, since both my personal and university emails use the outlook system) and printing not being formatted properly.

I understand that they don't both with anyone that doesn't use ALL of their products simultaneously, but it's frustrating.

Feb 13, 2008
tthor said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
This is a pretty biased poll though because what comes boxed with every new computer? IE

So most of the business users will be using IE not through choice or ease of use, but of necessity - despite Chrome/Firefox/Safari being better.

Apart from all those with Itunes that have Safari anyway. (Oh, you clicked "Do Not Install"? Re-check your system...it was included with one of their auto-updates)
not necisarily, the laptop my dad got from his company he works for came preloaded with firefox, among other programs. even my school computers now have Firefox available on them. IE is definitely losing ground, and at an accelerating rate.
Seriously? That IS good news.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
With the sordid history related to IE over the years since back when Win95 was the thing to have, MS hasn't done much to really improve IE to keep up with the current market. There are still plenty of problems, security leaks and just general slowness related to the product that keeps apparently half the people in the world from bothering with it anymore.
Anyone I find that still uses IE for the web I try to discourage them from continuing to use it. It's really surprising to find people who aren't even curious to find out if there is something better out there than that. I wonder if it really speaks to computer illiteracy or just laziness to not be more interested in trying to find something else.
I know back when Netscape was in the 3 build that I got attracted to it because of ongoing problems I was constantly having with IE. Whenever I get a new computer, I'll use IE long enough to update the system, and then install either FireFox or Chrome. When FireFox starts being a pain, I just switch over to Chrome on my desktop. Chrome is great on my netbook, just for the sleeker design and functionality for the limited CPU and RAM on there.
Remember when they raised that antitrust suit against MS for including only IE on the OS? Sad that it took this long to finally turn the tide enough to get more people off of IE. Still sucks ass that you can't just uninstall it without screwing up the entire OS. how that doesn't still qualify as antitrust in some fashion is beyond me. I find it strange that MS still bothers to include IE exclusively with installs of the OS instead of opening up the option of having other browsers and just charge a small fee to cover it. weird to think that MS would bypass a chance to make more money.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
I made the transition from Firefox to Google chrome, never really liked IE. Tends to be a gateway for all the nasty stuff.
Horrible,horrible browser.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Trivun said:
I use Internet Explorer for reading webcomics and for doing things that I don't want my friends to know about -_-. I'll leave it to you to guess what I mean by that.

But for everything else, I use Safari. This happened after it was automatically installed on my laptop when I installed iTunes, and I was fed up of IE as it kept shutting down, cutting out, without warning whenever I browsed The Escapist. Though that problem has gone, when I tried Safari out I was hooked, and now I use it for everything apart from the above mentioned things. With webcomics, at least, it's easier because I already have a folder in my Favourites tab with the ones I read regularly, so it's easier than trying to do it all over again setting one up in Safari. I read a lot of webcomics...
You could just import all your bookmarks. Or doesn't Safari let you do that?

OT: Yeah IE kept on freezing on me. Firefox FTW!

[sub]Chrome is good too.[/sub]

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
I'm using IE, I don't trust google to use chrome, and I hate firefox.

EDIT: Though I might try out this opera everyone is talking about.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Apart from all those with Itunes that have Safari anyway. (Oh, you clicked "Do Not Install"? Re-check your system...it was included with one of their auto-updates)

Bastards!

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I AM using Explorer, just because I'm too stubborn to go with FireFox.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
It seems the precentage for explorer is lower the more geeky a website is.

I'm with Firefox by the way.