You Are Probably Not Using Internet Explorer to Read This

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
PrototypeC said:
I don't understand why INTERNET BROWSERS of all things have fan followings and hate wars. I use IE. It works for me. Why do people keep giving me shit about it?

I am NOT using Chrome or Safari, since I avoid giving dangerously large, control companies free money or attention.
Yet you use Microsoft's own brand of browser..........slight irony here but hey ho
OT: I've used Firefox or Chrome for the past couple of years. IE pissed me off.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I only use IE to watch any videos, cause - for reasons beyond my comprehension - Flash refuses to install on Firefox. If I want to watch something, I C&P the address to Explorer and watch it there... but I browse on Firefox.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I've used Firefox for a long time and there's no comparison to IE. It runs better and very easily customizable. Chrome is nice since it doesn't use much memory, and Safari is a smooth browser. I don't know why people use IE; I'm assuming it's people who don't do much with computers and don't know about the better options.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
been experimenting with different browsers.
So far? I'm sorta stuck with chrome, because it's so fast. Everything else just seems laggy....

TheMidst

May 22, 2010
Internet Explorer will never hit the bottom because schools always use it, and a lot of schools forbid installation of other browsers, mostly because they're paranoid. Also there will always be those people who technologically impaired and have trouble opening the internet regardless of the browser, let alone download a whole new one. Explorer will always the be PC default, so it has it's place.
But IMO Chrome is the best!

But actually I don't care that much.

JimJamJahar

Dec 18, 2009
I used Internet Explorer exclusively until a few weeks ago. My PC kept getting the BSoD and IE was slow and stopped responding every couple of minutes. I switched to Firefox and the BSoDs stopped and I am glad I did

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
Lost In The Void said:
I'm forced to use IE here at work because my workplace won't download another browser
At home though I used to use Firefox until it started jumping to any possible search bar that was on a web page. I've since switched to Chrome. I don't mind it, but if FF started working again I'd probably go back to it
If you can't install it there why not just get a portable version?

Doctor Panda

Apr 17, 2008
I have... god, pretty much every major browser installed on this thing. Except safari. Never really got the hang of that and apple's update software pisses me the hell off.

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I've used Chrome, IE and Firefox. I prefer Firefox, it seems to fill a good middle ground between IE's relatively cluttered interface and Chrome's clean one (which look great, I just like the way Firefox handles things).

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
No wonder IE is a buggy piece of shit. Google Chrome of Firefox are the best browsers in my opinion.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
I'm using Internet Explorer, I've used since I got a computer and I've never had any problems with it.

Dr. Dice Lord

Feb 4, 2010
Chrome for me too, but I'm one of those unusual people who prefers IE over Firefox. Its my second choice.

Anti-Robot Man

Apr 5, 2010
I mainly use Firefox, though occasionally I use Explorer. I hate Crome and the only time I've used Opera was to test it on the Wii.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Why all the hate for Firefox? I'm on Firefox right now and it's never given me any problems. I think it's all the additional scripts I've added to it that makes me prefer to to the others, I like to be able to change it up to suit my needs and if I don't like something about it then I can just look for a script to fix it.

I actually like Firefox enough to make a wallpaper for it because I'm a very sad, pathetic person.

Last Valiance

Jun 26, 2010
I use firefox, but I've also tried Chrome and used safari on other peoples' computors. Honestly I don't see why all the hate on internet explorer. It is slower, but only by a miniscule amount. It isn't as aethetically motivated as some, but it isn't stop-the-bus ugly either. There are few features (besides tabs) that firefox and other do better, whilst I actually think IE is more accessible and comprehensible than the rest (or at least most), although that's probably because I was raised on it.

I'm surprised more than half of PC owners cared enough to change it, to be honest.

I'm gonna get so much hate for that post...