You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
VoidWanderer said:
Spiderman 2 for PC. Almost killed my entire love for everything Spidey.
This. I loved the console version. Then My ps2 broke and I thought "Yeah, this'll look actually better on my computer! *Gets game*
......FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Blair Bennett

Jan 25, 2008
MianusIzBleeding said:
LSD: Dream Simulator

Scares the fucking shit outta me o_0
Thank you, for being one of the only other people I've ever met, online or otherwise, who have any idea what this game is. Nothing is stranger, and it's impossible to even attempt to explain the damn thing without sounding like one ought to be committed, so just...just thanks.

OT: When my brother and I were kids, we had an N64 for all of maybe 2 months before we traded it with some guy for a PS1. Now, I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the only game we had was Banjo Kazooie, and this is significant because at the ages that my brother and I were at we had no idea what the hell it was we were supposed to be doing. We knew there where puzzle pieces or something, and that collecting them was maybe a good idea, but we didn't have a memory card, so what we did was every once in a while we'd start the game up again, and we'd collect the same goddamn 4 puzzle pieces over and over again. It took, well, way longer than it maybe should have, but eventually, 7 year old me just said "Fuck it." and stopped collecting them.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
Avaholic03 said:
The speeder section of Battletoads on the SNES. Co-op mode. Nothing will end friendships faster.
Oh my god yes. Battletoads made me not speak to my friend for two weeks. The people who made that game deserve a swift kick to the pants.

There's hard, there's insane, and then there's Battletoads.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
GTA: San Andreas.

1.The mission where you have to get on a motorbike and follow a train, while Big Smoke nags you and occasionally decides to shoot at the guys on top of the train that he needs to kill before they reach the end of the level.

2. The 'Learning To Fly' mission. I never even got past it, my save file is stuck there to this day! If I wanted to fly through rings all day I would have bought Superman 64!

Truniron

Nov 9, 2010
Good old F1-racer on the game boy. The two first levels where easy, but after the third, the games flips the bird and gets ridiculously hard. Oh, and that Japan level can go F*** it self. Hated that level, but got so filled with rage that I refused to give up. 14 years later and over 80 retries later, and it is still just as impossible from stage 3 and up.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
I cannot remember my first, but the moment is always the same: the situation is confusing, no idea what to do, tried 7 upon 7 upon 7 times in different manners to find my way, solve the puzzle, kill the guy, get pissed after one more try then ask my friends what they think. If this line turns up nothing then at long last I hit gameFAQs, I know its a cop-out, but if I feel I've exhausted every other idea I had and am not having fun anymore, then it deserves a quick end.

targren

May 13, 2009
It was the dawn of the third age of video gaming, two years after the release of the NES. The Legend of Zelda was a dream given form. Your goal, to rescue Princess Zelda from the prince of darkness "Gannon"[0]. Two quests, eighteen dungeons, and a quarter of a hundred monsters and bosses wrapped in 1024 bits and glistening plastic colored like metal, all alone in the basement rec room. It can be a dangerous place, with Wizzrobes and Like Likes, but you're Zelda's last, best hope for rescue.

The year is 1987.
The name of the place is "Level 6."

[0]That's how they spelled it in that one. Flames to /dev/null

TD5160

Apr 6, 2010
Murakumo. I thought the game would be fun... Fast paced giant robot action... Oh how wrong I was. Got to about the third level, before returning it to the store. Since then, I always read reviews first.

RiKx

Jul 20, 2011
King of the Sandbox said:
I smashed BOTH of my SNES controllers trying to beat Vega in Street Fighter 2 (back when it was released).

Seriously? You can just climb on that fence? "**** this, this is BS." /smashes controllers
Brilliant! I destroyed my amiga keyboard with my snes cartridge of street fighter. That did not make me feel better....

I think my first was marioland on the GB. It had no restart (saves, password etc) and had a life cap (9 i think, cant remember havent re-visted since the fateful day) i could get to the very end of the game with full lives but couldnt beat the end boss frickin 1-up cap rubbish i collect about 40 lives through the rest of the game but that didnt matter. Anyways with one hit left to beat him either the pattern changes or i miss time the jump but my 14hrs (poss more) of solid gaming is finished in an instant....

I destroyed a dry wall in my parents house...

this co-incidentally lead to my first DIY experience as I emergency repaired it and slopped filler everywhere. I didn't have time to wait for it to dry so stuck a giant poster over the repair and thought "I'll finish that when its dried next time the olds are out"

that never happened. lol

Jrtlaktalk

Apr 19, 2010
Most recently, this weekend in fact, was dark souls, where I had to, for the second @#%%^# time start the game over after 12+ hours of gameplay because of a stupid bloody mistake... the worst part was, that after having flung and utterly destroyed my controller against the wall, I picked up my other controller, and started playing again... and then after 3 hours, accidentally used up all my humanities which I lost by dying at the Capra Demon.

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Spyro The Dragon.

99% completion (and I was about 7), and I couldn't kill one thief. Even after trying for months.

Karvas

Oct 13, 2010
This isn't due to difficulty but I quite litteraly said "F*ck this" when playing pokemon platina.

You first need to know I've been rolling my eyes at pokemon after the first generation due to the rather silly pokemons and names they've been comming up with.
I was trying to get back into pokemon with platina and was kindoff enjoying it, right up untill I saw Lickylicky...
I wasn't angry mind you but I slammed my DS shut turned it off without saving and haven't looked at it since.

snark

Aug 31, 2008
I had two games where I just threw up my hands and had to stop.
The first was Far Cry 2 *SPOILER ALERT*

when you have to kill all your merc buddies for no reason. Somehow after having screwed you over twice the Jackel magically becomes your BFF and gets to order you around. Maybe I don't wanna kill my merc buddies for their diamonds? Maybe I've got enough leftover from my previosu work to bribe the guards myself. Maybe I wanna shoot you in the head and get paid for it instead of mindlessly following your orders. I loved the rest of FC2, but the ending was 100% crap and I felt cheated.

The second was Super Meat Boy's first boss level. I've never been good at platformers, but steam had a sale and I had heard good things about SMB, despite warnings about its difficulty. I played for like an hour trying to get past it and I just could not do it.

shteev

Oct 22, 2007
Ooh, One Man And His Droid on the c64.

A great little puzzle game about herding robots with a simplistic movement scheme towards a goal in the correct order. Rather pointlessly, tho, each level started with a large cave filled with robots who formed an ever changing maze which you'd have to navigate through. They'd all move left and right in rows and you'd work your way through them, and then regular as clockwork they'd lock into a solid formation and push you *all the way back to the start of the level*!! Level 1 wasn't so bad, but as the population of robots grew denser on each successive level it became a nightmare. By about level 17 I swear it was impossible. **** that.

Johnny Cain

Apr 18, 2010
Ragequit hard just attempting to play the original Monster Hunter on the Playstation 2.
For the unaware: That game franchise met balance and adoration when it made it's way to the Playstation Portable. The original PS2 game however is so badly stacked against the player it's impossible to make progress without being a wonder from the East the second you start the game.

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
The Witcher at the first town.
I literally could not be bothered to leave town after I arrived, so I tried to sleep with the waitress, got rejected, exited the game and the disc was NEVER SEEN AGAIN!