You first "**** This" Moment in Gaming

Sorafrosty

Nov 19, 2009
Not my proudest moment, but... In A Link to the Past on GBA, I got to where I had all the pendants and stuff (at least I think that was it), and then... I just couldn't figure out what to do. It was just... Argh. Especially when I went into that desert temple... thing, and couldn't figure out where the hell to go! So I quit. And I haven't touched much since.

Coldster

Oct 29, 2010
Anthony Wells said:
Coldster said:
Star Wars Rogue Squadron for the Gamecube. It was just this one mission in the co-op mode. Escaping the Death Star II as the Millennium Falcon and a X-Wing. No matter who I played with, no matter which vehicle we chose, we would always fail. I realize that if just one person gets out then you win, but whoever plays as the Millennium Falcon gets screwed over by its slow speed and awful maneuverability. You can't even take things slow because there is a wall of fire speeding up behind you. Its just plain impossible. F**k that.

beat that mission easy. its not nearly as hard as you make it out to be. you just have to keep calm not push down the brake all the way and also boost on the straight aways but never push the button down all the way. its all about how fast you go the millenium falcon can take some pretty steep turns at high speeds you just need to be observant about the next turn and stay on the side farthest from the outside of the turn in order to make it.
Really? I mean it has been around five years since I last played it but I would always get stuck because the person piloting the X-Wing would boost all the way but the Millennium Falcon was just too big to slide through all those pipes and take all those twists and sharp turns. Maybe I'll try it again this upcoming holiday.

zero_traveler

Aug 14, 2011
putowtin said:
Ain't that San Andreas?
Yeph, that's a pain!

Taris on KotOR, that whole planet is a pain, you don't have force powers yet, and the whole thing feels like one long tutorial!
There's a Mod for the PC version of KotOR that lets you begin the game as a Jedi Class. It makes Taris a LOT more reasonable, still annoying to get through, but not as much.

My first I can remember right now was Halo 3 multiplayer. I didn't get out of Boot Camp mode.

When Every Single Multiplayer game is supposed to be 4 player free for all, and I keep getting matched up with douchebags that brought 2 of their friends in with them...

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
First time was some obscure PS1 game called Spec-Ops. That game's map was so confusing that I could never get to the evac chopper on time at the end of each mission.

This also happens to me on many platformers like the Mario and LittleBigPlanet games.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Wow, 9 pages and nobody mentioned Wizpig? I can't be the only one that wanted to set the cart of fire after my 99th attempt.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
The first silver battle is when I just went **** this.
I'd have to agree; Silver was a pain in the ass, but somehow...just SOMEHOW I managed to beat the fucker.

One of my most well remembered $#@! this moments (because Q-Bert censorship is funny) was in the same game, on the PS3, when I was in Crisis City Act II. One of the first things you do is jump off a ramp to catch onto a rail. Problem was, if this was Sonic Adventure 2, AKA a GOOD game, Sonic would catch onto the rail and continue the action. But no, this was the dreaded '06, and Sonic missed the rail to fall to his doom. I actually put the controller down to see if it was something I was doing, but no.

I gave up on that game. I have no idea HOW my brother beat all three stories AND the final boss.

LiraelG

Jun 22, 2011
Possibly Evrae in Final Fantasy X... My party was far too underlevelled. I managed to defeat him after 50 attempts (no exaggeration!), only to get slaughtered by the third band of soliders at Yuna's wedding. -_-

I resumed this game recently, however, and managed to finish it! :D I just had to grind for a few hours and the rest of the game was pretty easy. I defeated Yunalaska the second time (forgot about Megadeath...) and Jecht the first...

ERS86

Sep 13, 2010
Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360. I can handle games being hard, that's fine, but that game crossed the line in to the "cheap" territory. I managed to make it past the dude with a giant hammer that could insta-kill me if he hit me on an airship with his cronies hiding off in the shadows throwing exploding shurikens that still stuck and exploded even if you blocked them, all while my camera was giving me an exceptional view of a pillar... *sigh* ... but once the game took me to the Red Square to fight giant salamanders with swords for arms while a platoon of rocket-firing soldiers that can each launch a 4-shot salvo every 3 seconds from a quarter-mile away, I was done.

Don't make a sword-fighting ninja game and put me up against gun-toting and rocket launcher-weilding enemies. It's bull$&*t.

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
No idea of the FIRST game, because there have been many many.

One sticks out in my mind though, it's much more recent but it's easily the most petty and unreasonable.

In Zelda: Majora's Mask, there is a mini-game VERY early in the game that requires you to whack posts with your sword in a certain amount of time.

Couldn't do it. Kept trying. Came so close, but just could not do it. Usually when I try and fail and try and fail like that, it's because I think "okay, this next time I'll definitely get it", but not so in this case.

Finally I quit in disgust and never played Majora's Mask again.

Because of a stupid optional mini-game at the beginning.

Imper1um

May 21, 2008
Final Fantasy 13.
Legend.
World of Warcraft.

Yup, only three games in my life I have ever just...never completed because I lost all interest in them.

Hydro14

Sep 23, 2010
MechWarrior 2; Wolf campaign, mission 3. For those of you who've played it, 'that one with the power converter.' More to the point though, it's that one where four summoners, each armed with PPCs (these were old PPCs where it stood for 'pulse plasma cannon' rather than 'particle projection cannon' - shots moved slow, one-shot anything that wasn't super-heavy), all come at you at once.

I could probably do it now, but I was about 7 at the time and things like 'mouse sensitivity' were a foreign concept to me so the torso-twist was completely unusable, which meant my only real option for combat was to stand there and trade shots with whatever I was up against, which doesn't work too well against 4 PPCs.

TWiSTEDmerc

Nov 4, 2011
There was Lego Rock Raiders because the AI just scatterbrained way too much when there was a huge space or they tended to ignore enemies; but I've gone back to it.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
There's also Pokemon Fire Red, where I was completely underlevel, stuck at the final battle of the Elite 4 with 3 Pokemon fainted, and 1 at half-health. I didn't want to have to go through the entire thing again, so I just went with it. I honestly couldn't beat it, so I just put down the game.

Two years later, I try it out again, and I won.

Then I just didn't want to do all the stuff after the game.

Ti0k0

Jun 22, 2011
Wordfeud (Yeah, it is considered a game) Someone just introduced me to it, and laid down a word with 2 suffixes, fuck that shit! :S

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Mario Bros. for the NES. Seriously, I just can't play platformer games. Once I get up to the hammer brothers, I die because I can't avoid them. I stopped playing that game.

A whole bunch of older titles made me stop playing them.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
This also coincides with my first timed playing ever.

Playing Sonic the Hegdgehog 1, at some point introduced me to the scariest, most panic inducing sound I've ever heard in a videogame.

Drowning.

I was too young to understand what the words meant, but at 3 am and having seen the game over screen for the fifth time that night...and copying dear old Dad.

"F@#k this. I'm going to bed. Mommy!"