You have one wish!

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Rowan93 said:
Scarim Coral said:
I would wish for £10 million within my bank. Still I wouldn't trust the fairy since she can twist my wish in that while it does goes into my account but suddently I can no longer access to my account for whatever reasons.
Well, yeah, that's kind of the point, you're supposed to come up with ways to avoid being screwed over. And you're not just going to lose access to the account, the government is looking to have a word with you about that money, you have a few years behind bars to look forward to (either tax reasons, or money-laundering reasons, or both).
That's the thing. If I make a wish for the fairy to NOT screw me over than I had wasted my one wish. Also trying to come up with a logical wish that has little to none repercussions created by the fairy or not would be a painstaking to think of.

Actually what would happen if I wish the fairy to have freedom (or just no longer need to give out a wish and the fairy does whatever he/ she want)? Well assuming the fairy is forced to give out a wish or is this fairy is going it on his/ her free will?
It's not that difficult, as long as you assume really outlandish and arbitrary things aren't included (for instance, if the fairy gives you your £10,000,000 but also gives you cancer, that would just be cheating).

As for the wish-granter's reasons, I generally assume the wish is more or less in good faith, but people who try to exploit it by wishing for more wishes in some way are going to be thoroughly fucked. Also, if there's a possible interpretation of the wish that the wish-granter might just get confused about, or decide to do because it's easier or something, you should also attempt to rule those out.

Obviously in my actual post I was more or less ignoring those principles, and screwing up everyone's wishes, but quite a few of them did/do have flaws that needed to be pointed out.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
So no wishing for no wishes FROM the person granting me wishes; what about a relic that will grant my wishes? LOOOPHOOOOOLE.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Rowan93 said:
Scarim Coral said:
Rowan93 said:
Scarim Coral said:
I would wish for £10 million within my bank. Still I wouldn't trust the fairy since she can twist my wish in that while it does goes into my account but suddently I can no longer access to my account for whatever reasons.
Well, yeah, that's kind of the point, you're supposed to come up with ways to avoid being screwed over. And you're not just going to lose access to the account, the government is looking to have a word with you about that money, you have a few years behind bars to look forward to (either tax reasons, or money-laundering reasons, or both).
That's the thing. If I make a wish for the fairy to NOT screw me over than I had wasted my one wish. Also trying to come up with a logical wish that has little to none repercussions created by the fairy or not would be a painstaking to think of.

Actually what would happen if I wish the fairy to have freedom (or just no longer need to give out a wish and the fairy does whatever he/ she want)? Well assuming the fairy is forced to give out a wish or is this fairy is going it on his/ her free will?
It's not that difficult, as long as you assume really outlandish and arbitrary things aren't included (for instance, if the fairy gives you your £10,000,000 but also gives you cancer, that would just be cheating).

As for the wish-granter's reasons, I generally assume the wish is more or less in good faith, but people who try to exploit it by wishing for more wishes in some way are going to be thoroughly fucked. Also, if there's a possible interpretation of the wish that the wish-granter might just get confused about, or decide to do because it's easier or something, you should also attempt to rule those out.

Obviously in my actual post I was more or less ignoring those principles, and screwing up everyone's wishes, but quite a few of them did/do have flaws that needed to be pointed out.
I just blame that episode of the X-Files with a genie in it (Je Souhaite). That genie always put a twist to that person wish e.g Mulder used his first wish for peace on Earth so the genie wipse the entire human race off the planet except for Mulder (peace as in "peace" and quiet) so he used his second wish to bring them back. Before you asked, the third wish for to set the genie free which show she was living out a normal life at the end.
It was thanks to that I just view genie well the concept of a being that grant wishes to be distrustful. Not even the friendly Robin Williams version from Aladdin can changed my view on them.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'd flip a coin before making my wish:

Heads - Rob Liefeld never worked on Deathstroke.

Tails - Portal Gun.

Seems simple enough :3 I'd probably go with the Portal Gun though honestly because...ya know...travel. The lack of long-fall boots would be my undoing though...

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Unlimited Internet-Born, Home-Intruding, Wish-Granting Grand Fairies. Then my second wish would be for the original fairy to be arrested for trespassing.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I'd wish for the ability to multiply myself like Billy Numerous.

Think about it. I could get 70 different jobs, and even if they were all minimum wage, that's something like 500 dollars an hour. With the clones sustaining me, I'd never be short on company, conversation, or cash. Best part though? I'd not have to get a job. The clones would.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Sean Steele said:
Omnipotence.
monkey_man said:
Omnipotence. I can make everything myself then, thanks.
HeWhoFightsBosses said:
So no wishing for no wishes FROM the person granting me wishes; what about a relic that will grant my wishes? LOOOPHOOOOOLE.
AgentLampshade said:
I wish for more wish fairies!
FolkLikePanda said:
Unlimited Internet-Born, Home-Intruding, Wish-Granting Grand Fairies. Then my second wish would be for the original fairy to be arrested for trespassing.
I hate these answers so, so much. These wishes contribute about as much as saying "I wish for what I would wish for", i.e. absolutely nothing, and on top of that, it's being enormously dickish towards the wish-granter and they're going to think you're a greedy bastard, so wish-subversion will inevitably happen.

The omnipotence comes with massive power incontinence so you can't really have any fun and you're actually at risk of accidentally erasing yourself from reality at any moment just by thinking about it. The relic suffers from similar problems, plus it's also fragile.

The extra wish-granting fairies are able to grant wishes, but that doesn't mean they'll respond to you when you wish for things. They'll probably just use their phenomenal cosmic power to erase you from existence because you looked at them funny.

Zepherus14

Jan 24, 2012
Drakmorg said:
If I'm feeling boring, infinite money.
If I'm not boring, chainsaw car. Wait, no, I can just hire engineers to design and build a chainsaw car for me if I'm rich.
I've got it! Robot best friend! Wait, no, money can buy that too. Dammit!
Oh, now I've got it! Cat-girls. That works. I'll take that one please. I expect it in the mail soon Internet Fairy. Chop Chop!
*Door Bell* "Hello Sir, I am with Cat-girls Inc. Congratulations on winning our contest of 'Win a Cat-girl', now here is your prize!"

*Walks over to crate next to door, sticks in crowbar and opens crate as a bunch of plastic packaging popcorn things fall out, and out comes the puddle of Cat-girls*

"Enjoy!" *Walk off*

OT: Um... lets just go with 'God-mode enabled' since it's only one wish, three would get some actual true wishes.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Rowan93 said:
Sean Steele said:
Omnipotence.
monkey_man said:
HeWhoFightsBosses said:
AgentLampshade said:
FolkLikePanda said:
I hate these answers so, so much. These wishes contribute about as much as saying "I wish for what I would wish for", i.e. absolutely nothing, and on top of that, it's being enormously dickish towards the wish-granter and they're going to think you're a greedy bastard, so wish-subversion will inevitably happen.

The omnipotence comes with massive power incontinence so you can't really have any fun and you're actually at risk of accidentally erasing yourself from reality at any moment just by thinking about it. The relic suffers from similar problems, plus it's also fragile.

The extra wish-granting fairies are able to grant wishes, but that doesn't mean they'll respond to you when you wish for things. They'll probably just use their phenomenal cosmic power to erase you from existence because you looked at them funny.
1. I think the universe would be better at me at the helm I assure you that AIDS would be nipped in the bud

2. You really cant screw it up its like a lawyer when they screw you over. "Godlike Power, sure but... I get to pick the god." Omnipotence is one thing that is conceptually universal they would have to give me exactly what I asked for.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
a7xman said:
For once in my life, to have a girl I really like to like me in return, or at least give me a chance.
Would you say you wish for a goddess to stay by your side forever?

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
silver wolf009 said:

Think about it. I could get 70 different jobs, and even if they were all minimum wage, that's something like 500 dollars an hour. With the clones sustaining me, I'd never be short on company, conversation, or cash. Best part though? I'd not have to get a job. The clones would.
If you split into 71 separate people, and 70 get minimum-wage jobs, that means that 98.6% of you is working a crappy minimum-wage job. It also means you have to pay for 71 people's food and clothing and possibly housing with that money, depending on how long you stay dispersed. You'll at least have to have lunch separately, most other expenses can maybe be avoided but it'll be tricky. And that's if you're not too worried about being visible, but really you should be because your powers don't make you any less vulnerable to the government. If one of you is captured by the government and experimented on, you are actually going to experience that crappiness, even if another part of you is free. On that topic, you probably get to experience multiple deaths.

Or, if the clones are less inherently you, you'll just get the more boring problem of rebellion and getting your ass kicked by yourself.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
To restart my life as a girl with a few important memories from this life.

Rowan93

Aug 25, 2011
Sean Steele said:
Rowan93 said:
1. I think the universe would be better at me at the helm I assure you that AIDS would be nipped in the bud

2. You really cant screw it up its like a lawyer when they screw you over. "Godlike Power, sure but... I get to pick the god." Omnipotence is one thing that is conceptually universal they would have to give me exactly what I asked for.
1. Sure, probably better with a human at the helm than without, although if you're worried about AIDS you're probably thinking a bit too small to be the optimal human to give unlimited cosmic power to.

2. Well, yes you can, I gave an example of how. Plus, omnipotence isn't actually conceptually universal, people argue about the definition a lot. It's mostly the niggly bits, but those bits could destroy the universe if you poke them (don't try to make a square circle, or a rock so big you can't lift it, for instance).

6unn3r

Aug 12, 2008
Give me the body and skills, training, mental conditioning, weaponry and armour, of a Space Marine Captain from Warhammer 40k.

-Minus the religous devotion to the Emperor.

Then i set off on my quest to become UFC champion or some such.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Rowan93 said:
Sean Steele said:
Omnipotence.
monkey_man said:
HeWhoFightsBosses said:
AgentLampshade said:
FolkLikePanda said:

Fine... I wish you would have taste buds on your anus. =P

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Rowan93 said:
silver wolf009 said:

If you split into 71 separate people, and 70 get minimum-wage jobs, that means that 98.6% of you is working a crappy minimum-wage job. It also means you have to pay for 71 people's food and clothing and possibly housing with that money, depending on how long you stay dispersed. You'll at least have to have lunch separately, most other expenses can maybe be avoided but it'll be tricky. And that's if you're not too worried about being visible, but really you should be because your powers don't make you any less vulnerable to the government. If one of you is captured by the government and experimented on, you are actually going to experience that crappiness, even if another part of you is free. On that topic, you probably get to experience multiple deaths.

Or, if the clones are less inherently you, you'll just get the more boring problem of rebellion and getting your ass kicked by yourself.
There's no need to feed or water the clones, as they simply disolve back into Billy upon command, or when he reaches his limit. I don't believe we were ever given an exact number for his limit, but it was more than enough to literally pick up and steal a BRIDGE. And we're not talking some piece of wood, we're talking this kind of bridge:

And bring it to a football stadium he more or less filled on his own.

The clones are duplicates, and work towards a shared goal, as is demonstrated by them forming human ladders and other formations, plus that Tron style maze. This means they're either following orders, or simply working together for a common goal. They know they're finite, and they don't seem to resist or disobey, so mutiny isn't a likely possibility, and could easily be undone by reabsorbing them in the incredibly unlikely possibility they do cause trouble.

And I don't regularly die on any given day at work, so why would I experience multiple deaths? Also, I'm pretty sure they don't share sensation.

As for the government thing, don't let more than one version of me be seen together. Hell, if I wanted, I could propose a business agreement with the government. I'm pretty sure any government would kill for a replicating platoon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they the jumpsuit, so they do duplicate clothes, although more than likely simply skin tight ones, so one suit can cover us all.

Sean Steele

Mar 30, 2010
Rowan93 said:
Sean Steele said:
Rowan93 said:

1. Sure, probably better with a human at the helm than without, although if you're worried about AIDS you're probably thinking a bit too small to be the optimal human to give unlimited cosmic power to.

2. Well, yes you can, I gave an example of how. Plus, omnipotence isn't actually conceptually universal, people argue about the definition a lot. It's mostly the niggly bits, but those bits could destroy the universe if you poke them (don't try to make a square circle, or a rock so big you can't lift it, for instance).
I'll be a hands on deity, AIDS gotta go.

No Omnipotence, the ability to do anything it directly translates to ALL POWER. There is no confusion to it thats the term.