You stole my kill!

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
thejackyl said:
I play League of Legends a lot and I always hear cries of "KS"

The only real "kill steal" I have problem with are from people who feel the need to "last hit" every kill, and ONLY "Last hit" (meaning they stand back on every fight and only participate when their skills can burst them down.

Or people who use their 3 minute cooldowns, to kill someone with 20 health, when they're already going to die from ignite, or when I can double flash and hit them with a 3 sec. Cooldown.

Lot's of LoL/RPG lingo there, sorry if you don't understand that. However it still doesn't get me mad because most games distribute points based on how much you helped, not based on the kill itself.
It's a game where the concept itself makes sense, but the reaction you get for it is crazy. And regardless of what everyone will whine about it (and by god, they do), if I'm playing support and an enemy champion is trying to run away while being nuked, I'll dive in and kill it myself. I'd rather you wine with a dead enemy than he walking away with 10 hp.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
In most situations I would say what does it matter who gets the kill? If its a team game then the enemy is dead. However there are circumstances where it can be a bad thing. For example if a teammate deliberately doesn't get involved in fights and then waits till the last minute to pull the trigger. (occurs more in games where it takes awhile to kill the enemy) In that case it is taking it the extreme.

I have played competition in tournaments. It really doesn't matter who gets the kills unless there is a specific person given that role. Yes that does actually exist, In my old 4 man team we all had a role to play. Mine was killing then support, someone else covered the obj and then support. While the other two were focused on support then killing. That meant I had point and had to play very agreesively, It usually meant I got the most kills but died way more often, the other three then mopped up. If someone else did my role then our plan would be messed up, because then they wouldn't be where they are supposed to be. So it really depends on the cituation or circumstances.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Only online shooter that i had played in recent years was TF2 and it gives credit to 2 people if they did it together, so noone ever said a thing to me about that.

Stravant

May 14, 2011
Seeing as how I mostly play Battlefield, so my instances of supposed "kill stealing" are minimal to non-existant.

Burntpopcarn

May 29, 2011
In gears of war i get a bit frustrated when someone kills an enemy who I downed, but otherwise in games like battlefield I don't mind much.

MoNKeyYy

Evidence or GTFO
Jun 29, 2010
Korten12 said:
Only time I would get mad for someone team killing is if it was a situation where it was really stealing the kill. Like I was assassinating someone in Reach, and someone came up and took the kill.

There was no reason, but they did anyway.
You get a fucking medal for that, and I enjoy it! People do rage hard though and you have to like, go out of your way to do it but still, you get a fucking medal. My opinion is that if the game wants you to troll, then troll your little heart out.

OT: Mehh. I get annoyed about it sometimes but it's not a "FUCK I NEEDZ ERY KILL I CAN GET" type thing it's more of a "Well fuck, I was about to kill him then someone else did, prick" type thing. Doing that is all good in my opinion, as long as it's not a legitimate sense of entitlement that says you needed to have that kill or that you somehow deserve it.

unoleian

Jul 2, 2008
Eh, it only bugs me occasionally, and it's usually while playing Halo.

And that's having someone gank a kill mid-assassination. There's times when it's bloody obvious they did it just to be a jackass. Because they just stand there, watching, right up until they move in with the shotgun and take all the glory (and my mostly pointless, but still ego-boosting medal.) That one is pretty annoying. It really is.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
The retort I would normally give for this statement would be "You want me to watch your back or do you want to be shot in the face?"

Feb 28, 2008
I encounter this occasionally playing League of Legends, and I presume it's down to people having this inflated belief in the importance of a kill count... A statistic that is then put away in a 'Match History' box and within 10 games gone entirely. I mean, guys...

Sparcrypt

Oct 17, 2007
I occasionally say it during coop missions with friends when I spend half my ammo burning the shields down off a particularly tough enemy only for them to fire a single shot and rob me of the satisfaction of dropping him - but thats said in jest anyway as I have every intention of doing the same thing to them 2 minutes later!

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i usually say

'I didn't Steal your kill, i just successful did something you were unable too do kill one person. '

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Fat_Hippo said:
nikki191 said:
ive gotten it alot playing world of tanks. it does get expensive firing and realising they have just been killed the instant you fired though
True, and it does get annoying when you just whittled someones health all the way down, but someone else fires the last shot. And you don't even get an assist in WoT or anything. I'm not blaming them, I'd do the same thing in their situation, but it's still annoying.
Well you kinda do in WoT, experience and cash earned are based on damage dealt to the enemy rather than how many kills you have. However kills give you prestige and if you're good medals, so yeah kill stealing can still be kind've annoying in that game.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
Just ignore them. That's what I do when I play online. They are looking for any excuse to be aggressive, because that's how 12 year olds act "tough". By screaming and swearing at the slightest opportunity.

If you do anything that stands in the way of them getting kills (by getting the kill yourself), they'll hate you for it. Of course, when they shoot wounded enemies it's totally acceptable. It's just not acceptable if someone else does it.

Just ignore them for the silly little kids that they are. Remember, you only have to put up with them for the duration of the match. They have to live with themselves and deal with the problems caused by their own crappy personality for the rest of their life, which is fitting enough a punishment.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
I resort to my usual response:
"Sorry m'am, I have a medical condition that requires me to murder anything that moves and bleeds. Passed down in my family for generations!"

But usually the only Multiplayer games I play are either Uncharted 3 (where I RARELY find someone on a mic) or Team Fortress 2 (where every kill helps our defence) so it's rare I hear the splutter of "KILLSTEALINGFAG!"

Arphaxon

Mar 11, 2010
Most games these days have kill assist points, so it's not that much of a problem unless they're dota or it's clones and the kill helps your own progression. In that case, if I've been in a 1 on 1 duel with someone for a few minutes and they bolt on low health, and you waltz out of the bushes where you've been watching and not helping to take those last few HP, then mother of god, son, we will have words.

FlameGryphon

Mar 28, 2011
Most of the time it is just people online complaining for its own sake. But in games like Metal Gear Online, it can be annoying. In that game, you get more points for knocking an opponent out first, either through a choke hold or a non-lethal weapon, and there have been times where I've taken incredibly large amounts of damage just to get an opponent in a choke hold, only for an ally who did nothing but watch the whole thing walk up and try to get a head shot on the opponent I grabbed. Which in turn means I took large amounts of damage for absolutely no reason, and they were just sitting there watching until I was able to grab the opponent. And of course that's assuming the person is a good shot and headshots the opponent, instead of me. I never complain about it, but it does manage to greatly annoy me.