Your childhood game!

an874

Jul 17, 2009
I'd say Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I know it's a genreic choice for this, but it's no less true. I have no idea how much time I put into it, but it wasn't just as a young kid. You see between getting my n64 and my 360, I didn't have other consoles, so I spent even more time playing my n64, and therefore OOT, as I went into middle and high school.

DrunkPickle

Sep 16, 2011
The first game I ever played (apart from the educational, "Learn The Alphabet" games) was Kao the Kangaroo. Sure, it was childish, but I was about 6 or 7 at the time. After that, I moved on to Rayman 2, and soon GTA III. Then Fable 1 came out; it was definitely my favorite game at the time, it pretty much introduced me to RPGs.

bro1667

Jul 21, 2010
ps2- starwars battlefront 1, good times, good times
pc - medieval: total war (1)

th155

Mar 4, 2011
I remember going over to my friends every weekend and playing Ratchet and Clank (one or two) until i had to go home. Then Christmas came and i got my own PS2... Which came bundled with R&C3. Yea.

Now the TV in my room is to do nothing except pop in either my PS2 or SNES (which i collected after the PS2) and play for some serious nostalgia.

Bostur

Mar 14, 2011
Back when I was a kid we didn't have no fancy graphics. Well we did, but one of my most played childhood games was Pirates Cove/Pirate Adventure. It's playable online:
http://www.ifiction.org/games/playz.php?cat=44&game=39&mode=html

I also played more popular games like Blue Max

and Fort Apocalypse

LadyTiamat

Aug 13, 2011
Spyro the Dragon (the first three games)

man i had some good times with them, but there was just one lvl i could not beat on the first one in haunted towers in the dreamweavers world.......i forgot about the game till 2 years ago and beat the game and completed in about 3 days. I felt complete.

Dethenger

Jul 27, 2011
I caught the end of the SNES (remember clearly rocking Super Mario Bros. 3), but I was an N64 kid mostly. So, there were quite a few games to choose from. The obvious, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Star Fox 64. I also remember titles like Glover, Bomberman 64, and Rampage. What must take the cake, though, is Super Mario World. I have played through that game more times than I care to count.

Newtonyd

Apr 30, 2011
Taskmaker, an old, old difficult RPG for the Mac that was all kinds of addictive fun. After that I had Betrayal at Krondor, probably still one of my favorite games.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
Zelda and Zelda II: Link,

I had paper maps for them both and I made extensive detailed notes on them of where to find heart pieces, spells, skills, dungeons, and items. I really do miss how non-linear the early Zelda games were.

I also played MegaMan 3 more times than I care to admit...

My Mom played Mario Brothers 2, and my little sister loved Lo Lo even though she could only figure out the puzzles up to level 7. I found both of those games to be a little to easy.

ianeddy44

Aug 17, 2009
Zhukov said:
I guess that would be the Exile series. (Escape from the Pit, Crystal Souls and Ruined World.)

In retrospect they were kind of crap though.

I don't suppose anyone else played them...
Oh I played those. Did I ever play those! They were fantastic! Unfortunately they don't run on Win7.. Their successors are the Avernum games, by Spiderweb Software. They're fairly good and I'd reccomend checking them out. I wish I knew a way to play the Exile games on Win7.

OT: My childhood games were the Ratchet & Clank series. Don't judge it from the more recent PS3 games, those are far inferior.

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
Star wars rogue squadron on the nintendo 64 is my childhood game.
I played so much of it when seeing tie bombers in the films my fingers twitch trying to shoot them down.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Pokemon, original series I think. But I played a variety of games at that sort of age so I may be confused.

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
duck hunt,yes thats right. duck hunt. i played that game to death. and i became quite a shot because of it. xD

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
Gonna instantly feel old for this, but in my childhood we constantly played three SNES games: U.N. Squadron (hard as crap in later levels), Super Bomberman for the multiplayer and co-op, and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past because it was just damned awesome.

As gamege evolves we got into Doom, and played it while playing Weird Al songs in the background (we thought it was hilarious).

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Legend of Dragoon. Or G-Darius. Both PS1 titles. Legend of Dragoon was always fun to watch, and eventually I was old enough to play. I loved its battle system, but since I was young, I only got to the second disc before all our discs became unreadable due to us being...less than careful with them.

G-Darius was just a really fun space shooter. Don't know what else to say about it.

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
Jak and Daxter or Custom Robo on the gamecube. Really surprised no one else ever mentions that game.

hashtag

Oct 30, 2011
Jak and Daxter or Custom Robo on the gamecube. Really surprised no one else ever mentions that game.