Your childhood game!

The Code

Mar 9, 2010
For my childhood, I'd have to say Sonic The Hedgehog 3. That and Ballz 3D. Yes, it was a cheesy fighting game that looked like Mortal Kombat had a romp with Vectorman, but I don't care. It was fun for me. Speaking of Vectorman, I'll add him to my list. That game kicked ass.

Chimichanga

Jun 27, 2009
Beast Wars for the PC. It was an awful game in retrospect, but the game's music was very good. Still wishing I could download the music if I could find it. Never beat it due to my lack of skill at the time, so it has always haunted me ever since.

After that, PokeMon Red. They told me my Beedrill was inferior to their Alakazam; Pin Missile showed them otherwise.

Honorable mentions to the first Metal Slug and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sonicron said:
The one and only.

Not only was it one of the most fun games I've ever played, but it also served as a peacekeeper in our household. No matter how bad the fighting between me and my little brother got, taking this game for a spin together always got us to make up.
Same game and same deal with my brother and I. We would fight like cats and dogs, hours later he would pick up the cartridge and nodded towards the TV and we were gaming like nothing happened.

OT: I played a lot of Mega Man 2 (for the Gameboy) and Pokemon Blue as a kid. That handheld went through a ton of batteries and I'm surprised it didn't crap out on my since I used it all the time.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
All the ones i had. Ninja Gaiden, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Snoopy Silly Sports and others.

dekcahw

Mar 28, 2011
Mario 1/2/3 and TMNT turtles in time.

So many memories of loved ones that have since moved on from this world.

also, holy nostalgia attack on my brain.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Final Fantasy VIII. Even now it's my favourite game of all time!
My early-early childhood was a mixture of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus and the Croc games, though. Particularly Croc 2.

Meshakhad_v1legacy

Feb 20, 2008
Age of Empires. Single-handedly started my interest in history, my love of RTS games, and confirmed me as a PC gamer for life.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Pokemon Yellow and Snap. Also Star Wars Racer.

There were other, really weird games before them I used to play on PC I can picture them perfectly, but can't for the love of me remember what they are.
I remember my Brother getting really pissed off with one of them, so threw the Floppy Disc at the wall. It broke. I cried.

Also a game on my brothers Jaguar I used to play religiously, EDIT: It was called, "Cybermorph"

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
Mr. In-between said:
There are really too many to count. Do I say Super Mario RPG because of all the times I've played it through? Do I say Illusions of Gaia or the Zelda titles? Making me pick just one game to define my childhood is like asking someone to pick their favorite child.
I remember Illusion of Gaia fondly. Such a great SNES game - My mother had bought it for herself, but couldn't get past the first big boss. So I beat it.

It was however not "that one game" for me as child. That would've been Lufia II. It was the only SNES game I had which was translated into Dutch, which made it very enjoyable for me.

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
LittleBlondeGoth said:
There were a few on my Amiga that took over my spare time...

XCom UFO Enemy Unknown was one of the biggest, I could lose hours on that. Still can, in all fairness. A lot of the old platformers like Zool were nail bitingly gripping as well, since you only had a finite number of lives and you were desperate not to lose them. Though I'm certain I got through a number of joysticks with those. Then there was the humungous timesink that was the Ultima series. And Populous II. And Cadaver, one of the best games I've ever played.
Pretty much the exact same as me. Good taste. Throw warcraft in there and the list is complete.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
Age of empires 2 and the harry potter games.

And non video games it was a fun game I like to call 'Parrots and land mines' I was a messed up child to say the least.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
Kajt said:
Combustion Kevin said:
Age of Empires, Golden edition.

And god did I suck at it.
Oh, I also played Age of Empires and Age of Empires II. How could I forget? Regicide all day every day.

So many memories you have just awaken.. Effing Mongolian campaign.. Always had a giant free for all that lasted for hours. Teutons FTW