Your current book...

warprincenataku

Jan 28, 2010
I'm jumping back and forth between two books at once. I'm on volume one of the Horus Heresy series in the Warhammer 40k storyline and Skulduggery Pleasant Vol. 2.

SergeMC

Apr 18, 2010
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.
Everybody knows it, I've never read it before.
Boy, did I miss something...

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I am currently on my second read through of "The master and the margarita" by Mikhail Bulgakov. I love that book.

This morning I was also reading a couple of sections on horizontal gene transfer and phylogenetic trees from a book called "Molecular microbiology of the cell" for my molecular microbiology and immunology class. It is a riveting read...

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
ThatLankyBastard said:
All the Halo books are great, personal favorites are "The Flood" and "Evolutions"
I've always seen the The Flood as the weakest Halo novel, for one the Chief's personality is so disjointed from his other depictions. Still a pretty good book though.

Currently I'm reading Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear. A really great book if you're well-versed in Halo lore, but still well written and interesting enough to qualify as a good book if you're not.

movienut

Nov 5, 2010
I am reading The Jungle Book. I never read that one as a kid so I decided no time like the present.

pezwitch

Mar 31, 2009
I am re-reading my favorite Garrett stories by Glen Cook. (Sweet Silver Blues, Bitter Gold Hearts, Cold Copper Tears, Old Tin Sorrows, Dread Brass Shadows, Red Iron Nights). I don't really like the later Garrett books, but I re-read the early ones at least once a year.

I just finished The Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan and they are amazing. They reminded me why I fell in love with fantasy books and I highly recommend them. I started with the second book (Avempartha) and I'm kind of glad I did, the first one, The Crown Conspiracy, was a little slow off the mark. Avempartha was a much tighter story and the writing was better.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Catch-22, and listening to A Game of Thrones (though it's been a while now).

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Fiction: Eisenhorn by Dan Abnett. Not something I'd normally read, but a friend lent it to me and I'm really enjoying it. I went in knowing nothing of the Warhammer 40k universe; I'm thinking I might look into picking up a few more books (if anyone has any suggestions for other decent 40k books, feel free to let me know).

Non-Fiction: Philosophical Investigations. Again. It really feels like one can never read this book too many times.

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson

I actually very rarely read but this is a damned interesting book, if you're into science and the likes fully recommended, I've learnt alot from it.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Jaime_Wolf said:
Fiction: Eisenhorn by Dan Abnett. Not something I'd normally read, but a friend lent it to me and I'm really enjoying it. I went in knowing nothing of the Warhammer 40k universe; I'm thinking I might look into picking up a few more books (if anyone has any suggestions for other decent 40k books, feel free to let me know).
You can't go wrong really with any of Dan Abnett's other book such as Titanicus or the Gaunt's Ghosts series.I'd also recommend Storm of Iron and the Ultramarines series by Graham McNeill and the Space Wolf series by William King and Lee Lightner

Edit:How could I forget the Ciaphas Cain series by Sandy Mitchell.Some of the best 40k books I've read

Currently reading Blood Ravens:The Dawn of War omnibus by CS Goto.It's pretty good so far

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Cheesebob said:
ThatLankyBastard said:
Cheesebob said:
Lolita.

Damn, just damn.

That is a book that everyone has to read, even if you find it a struggle about 3/4s of the way through. Absolutly fantastic.
You've peaked my interest, I'm gonna look this one up now...

...might I ask what it's about?

...or is it pretty obvious from the title...
It is about a man named Humbert Humbert who is attracted to, and obsessing over a 12 year old girl named Lolita. It chronicles Humbert's life as he attempts to woo her. Thats all I am going to say.

Its written beautifully as it combines the horrid nature of Humbert's fixation with Lolita with such amazing language.
Umm... I just realized, I have no idea who it's by... There's a surprising amount of books called Lolita...

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
Currently reading Tolkien's "Unifinished Tales of Numenor and Middle Earth"

I'll be starting Metro2033 within the next week or two . . .

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Eldritch Warlord said:
Currently I'm reading Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear. A really great book if you're well-versed in Halo lore, but still well written and interesting enough to qualify as a good book if you're not.
I just started that one... I haven't gotten far enough into it yet to get a figure on if it's good or not... I'll definitely stick with it now though!

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
For School: To Kill a Mocking Bird
For Recreational Reading: Beyond the Shadows
I highly recommend that second book, actually i recommend the whole series. Seeing as how that book is the third book in a trilogy.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
I havnt had much time to read for leisure in the last few weeks, but i am currently reading Mogworld. When im done ill either read Chariot of the Gods or ill reread The Hobbit for a 5th time.