Your current book...

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Only got it an hour ago from a library.
It's Terry Pratchett's "Making Money". I haven't really STARTED it yet, but will, soon.

Ch@Z

Oct 18, 2009
A Clash of Kings by George R R Martin. Second book in the Song of Ice and Fire series.
So far so good.

oden636

Jun 15, 2009
For my birthday i got from my friend a copy of "The Playbook" from the tv show How i met your mother. Its amazing and for those that watch the show will be proud that i tried out the play "he's not coming". didnt work though =[

tholomew92

Dec 8, 2010
Just finished reading A Game Of Thrones. Gonna go buy the next books soon. After that, A Will Of Time is the next series to be enjoyed.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Just finished A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare. Meh. I was the few people who understood it, but it wasn't that good of a book. Mediocre at best.
fenrizz said:
World War Z by Max Brooks.

Great book, well written and the realistic approach makes it well worth my time.
Very good read, read that book more than four times.

Rosm101

May 18, 2009
Erm, i got a couple books on teh go, Dr Who's Interference and the Song of Ice and Fire series I'm giving a re-read, on to Clash of Kings there

TailstheHedgehog

Jan 14, 2010
team star pug said:
Im just finishing up the Harry Potter series. Great stuff.
It's AMAZING! The characters, the intricate plot----- I'm sorry, I get a little emotional at how amazing it is. ;)
No, in all seriousness if you haven't read this series I would recommend it; it's as famous as it is for good reason.

Right now I'm reading Royal Assassin, by Robin Hobb, second in the first trilogy. Good stuff, though lacking a bit in tension I'm still very hooked because I know the author's slowly working her way up to something big. It's a feeling I don't always find in books these days. Robin Hobb = Recommended.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Just Finished: "A Feast For Crows" by George R. R. Martin. Great book in a Excellent series.

Just started: "The Summoner" by Gail Z. Martin. Having a little trouble buckling down and getting into it, only about 38 or 40 pages thus far.

Stupid Public Library didn't have R. R. Martin's "A Dance With Dragons" in the selection =(

Waiting eagerly for the last book of the Wheel of Time later this year as well.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
Books i am reading at the moment:
A Bref History Of Time
The Science of Diskworld
The Time Travelers Wife
The Wasp Factory
The Greatest Show on Earth

oh and

Garfield Comics: Classic Volume IV

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
In the meddle of reading

Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga
By Hunter S. Thompson

and

by George Orwell

Also yesterday I picked up Transmetropolitan Vol 8

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
ThatLankyBastard said:
Cheesebob said:
Lolita.

Damn, just damn.

That is a book that everyone has to read, even if you find it a struggle about 3/4s of the way through. Absolutly fantastic.
You've peaked my interest, I'm gonna look this one up now...

...might I ask what it's about?

...or is it pretty obvious from the title...
It is about a man named Humbert Humbert who is attracted to, and obsessing over a 12 year old girl named Lolita. It chronicles Humbert's life as he attempts to woo her. Thats all I am going to say.

Its written beautifully as it combines the horrid nature of Humbert's fixation with Lolita with such amazing language.

Meneghetti

Feb 10, 2011
The "Foundation Trilogy" (Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation) by the Master Issac Assimov. One of the best books I've read!

For twelve thousand years the Galactic Empire has ruled supreme. Now it is dying. But only Hari Sheldon, creator of the revolutionary science of psychohistory, can see into the future?to a dark age of ignorance, barbarism, and warfare that will last thirty thousand years. To preserve knowledge and save mankind, Seldon gathers the best minds in the Empire?both scientists and scholars?and brings them to a bleak planet at the edge of the Galaxy to serve as a beacon of hope for a fututre generations. He calls his sanctuary the Foundation.

But soon the fledgling Foundation finds itself at the mercy of corrupt warlords rising in the wake of the receding Empire. Mankind's last best hope is faced with an agonizing choice: submit to the barbarians and be overrun?or fight them and be destroyed.
AND

The "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" series, by Douglas Adams.

Join Douglas Adams's hapless hero Arthur Dent as he travels the galaxy with his intrepid pal Ford Prefect, getting into horrible messes and generally wreaking hilarious havoc. Dent is grabbed from Earth moments before a cosmic construction team obliterates the planet to build a freeway. You'll never read funnier science fiction; Adams is a master of intelligent satire, barbed wit, and comedic dialogue. The Hitchhiker's Guide is rich in comedic detail and thought-provoking situations and stands up to multiple reads. Required reading for science fiction fans, this book (and its follow-ups) is also sure to please fans of Monty Python, Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, and British sitcoms.
EDIT: There's still some "on hold" or partially read book and series, like Anne Rice's "Vampire Chronicles" and physics/mathematics/probability books.