Your current book...

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
Richard Dawkin's The God Delusion.

I highly recommend it to anyone, irrelevant of your religious beliefs (or lack thereof). It is intelligent, well written, and humorous.

Fair warning though: English is not my first language, but i now have better mastery of English than Swedish. Despite this, i came across a few words that i did not recognize, nor could really determine what they meant through context. I was on vacation when i started to read, now that i'm back i have a dictionary at hand. Richard Dawkins is a high-level professor and evolutionary biologist, he enjoys using English words of complex meaning (which means they remain relatively unknown to those of us who enjoy keeping our linguistic communications on a simpler level).

Fangv2

Jan 20, 2011
3 mangas as of right now:
The World God Only Knows(Being translated by the community)
Code: Breaker(Being translated by the community)
Super-Dreadnought Girl 4946(Not currently being translated by anyone I think)

All 3 very good.

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
I'm switching up between Hyper; a gaming magazine published in Australia and Genius Wars; a book from Catherine Jinks about well... Geniuses at war with each other. Trust me, it's better than it sounds.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
Zero History by William Gibson.

On a related note, I am reading it on my iPod so it is my very first paperless-book.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I like to stay steadily reading one fiction and one non-fiction at a time. Right now, it's The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler and Berklee Music Theory.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.
My god that was a good series! I'm ready The Black Prism by Brent Weeks now, it's different but in a good way.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Dresden Files; Proven Guilty.

Third particular read through of this book, read through most of them at least twice.

Gomithrus

Nov 2, 2009
Heroes - Saviors Traitors and Supermen: A History of Hero Worship, by Lucy Hughes-Hallett. The title is pretty explanatory. Currently, around 50 pages left to go. Definately suggest it as a very interesting read although sometimes the language gets a bit heavy academic-wise and some background knowledge of Roman political structure would also be an asset.

Vanalosswen

Feb 5, 2011
"Catching Fire", the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I was completely absorbed by the first one, and nicked the second and third ones from a friend I'm in a show with.

Phantom_IEC

Feb 15, 2010
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

It's been a long hard read but finally the end is in sight, having said that i'm really enjoying it and would certainly recommend it.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I thought this'd be about my book, err, I mean, the books we're all surely writing
"Kõrboja Peremees", by Anton Hansen Tammsaare.

An Estonian book. Some of you may, or may not, recognize Anton Hansen Tammsaare as the guy who wrote "Tõde ja Õigus" ("Truth and Justice").

TheDustyBanana

Feb 8, 2009
Machine of Death of was the last thing I remember reading. I'm not reading anything currently, but I plan on reading Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 by Hunter S. Thompson when I get a chance/copy.

Cekil1

Aug 22, 2008
On Basilisk Station by David Weber
The Night Watch Series by Sergei Lukyanenko
The Nightside series by Simon R. Green

And I'm waiting with baited breath for the next book in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher entitled "Ghost Story".

Rachel317

Nov 15, 2009
The Great Gatsby for university.
Well, I say that, I haven't actually started reading it, although I will be today.
So I suppose my most RECENT book was *pauses to think and stroke beard* Moll Flanders by Daniel Defoe. I ADORE that book. Moll is the best heroine, EVAR.

I don't really get time to read for pleasure any more, too many books to read for uni.