Your current book...

Vanalosswen

Feb 5, 2011
Cekil1 said:
And I'm waiting with baited breath for the next book in the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher entitled "Ghost Story".
Me too! Lucky me, it comes out right before my birthday, so I'll be broadly hinting to my brother that I want that for my birthday. Since his is right before mine, and the release date falls somewhere in between, we have an agreement to get it for each other and call each other with comments immediately afterward.

Finch58 said:
Terry Pratchet - Mort

and

Yahtzee - Mogworld
Mort isn't my favorite of the Discworld series, but it does quite well. I'm also re-reading Night Watch for the tenth time (part of the cover fell off yesterday). And I need to get Mogworld. I might do that as a 'I just got my tax return' gift to myself.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Summer,Fireworks,and My Corpse by Otsuichi.

Essentially two novellas with a short-story wedged between the two. Fairly creepy with quaint morbid humor. Rather in the tradition of Poe and more traditional horror/mystery writers.

mrnomas

May 17, 2010
Tdc2182 said:
Dresden Files; Proven Guilty.

Third particular read through of this book, read through most of them at least twice.

The only thing I've ever seen of The Dresden Files was the dreadful Sci-Fi show. That poster makes me want to check it out now. That's pretty epic.

Fellwarden

Sep 25, 2008
Currently reading Lord of the Flies by William Golding. I had heard a lot of good things about it, but it isn't quite to my tastes. I do intend to finish it though. I read Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve a while ago and recently acquired the rest of the Mortal Engines Quartet. Really looking forward to reading those after Lord of the Flies.

Mastermax009

Nov 23, 2009
Sir Arthur Canon Doyle: The complete adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Herman Lindqvist: Napoelon
Sun Tsu: The art of war
Conn Iggulden: Wolf of the plains
Finn Bijsen Møller: The anatomy of the human body

All of these books are fantastic and i reccomend them to anyone.

Vryyk

Sep 27, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Just wondering what all the Escapists are currently reading... pretty simple right?

So, what book are you currently reading? Is it good? Would you suggest it?

For me, I'm reading "Red Harvest" by Joe Schreiber...

3 words... Star Wars Zombies...

I suggest it!
Is that the sequel to Death Troopers? I haven't gotten my hands on that one yet...

OT: Re-reading the Once and Future King for the first time since HS. Great book, I recommend reading it if only to see T.H. White's take on Merlin.

Idiotastic

Mar 21, 2010
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Almost at the end now,a very enjoyable read.

I recommend it.

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I'm currently reading 3 books.
Howl's Moving Castle by Dianna Wynne Jones
The Light Fantastic by Terry Pratchett
and Stormfront by Jim Butcher

Silent observer

Jun 18, 2009
"The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat"

It's basically a collection of different stories of patients with neurological disorders, which is a lot more interesting than it sounds. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone, particularly anyone who wants to go into the medical field in the future.

The_Fezz

Oct 21, 2010
Mogworld by Yahtzee Crowshaw.

It's making me look back at my Oblivion days and weep openly over lost time.