Your current book...

Xanian

Oct 19, 2009
Silent observer said:
"The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat"

It's basically a collection of different stories of patients with neurological disorders, which is a lot more interesting than it sounds. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone, particularly anyone who wants to go into the medical field in the future.
I always loan this book to people and never get it back. Tragedy!

Oxford Compendium of American short Stories. I have to be careful because I'll stay up all night reading if I get a regular novel and then I'll be tired at work.

Uhm..also I love the story "Blood-Burning Moon" by Jean Toomer. Beautiful, poetic...tragic.

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Lolita.

Damn, just damn.

That is a book that everyone has to read, even if you find it a struggle about 3/4s of the way through. Absolutly fantastic.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Gralian said:
-The Devil's Graveyard by Anonymous
-John Dies At The End by David Wong
-Harbour by John Ajvinde Lindqvist

Those ones are what i'm currently reading. Fun fact: my copy of Harbour is first edition and signed by the author! Squeee.

But seriously, i love Lindqvist's stuff. Handling the Undead was so very sad and touching. It really made you think on many levels, about ethics, about rights, morality, love, mortality and loss.
Ah yes, I finished Harbour recently last week. Definatly a great book, I love Lindqvist. However I haven't read Handling The Undead yet but intend to soon.

I'm currently reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis as my R.E. teacher recommended me it. Some bits are frustrating to read as i'm an Agnostic Atheist but overall its an interesting read and helps me to understand Christianity more.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
micky said:
"A Confederacy of Dunces" one of my all-time favorite books, look it up you wont be disappointed.
You, sir, have fine taste indeed.

Given that I have way too much work due I'm currently reading a biography of Giuseppe Verdi for research purposes. Fun times...

Blitzwarp

Jan 11, 2011
I'm reading Jo Nesbø's "The Redbreast" on my Kindle, and Judith Flanders's "The Invention of Murder: How the Victorians Revelled in Death and Detection and Created Modern Crime" in hardback. I recently read Nesbø's "The Snowman" (his latest-but-one) and was utterly enthralled; but with "The Redbreast" I have no idea where it's going. Harry Hole is as awesome as ever though. And Flanders's book is fascinating. She has a formal yet witty style which makes absorbing the facts the book throws at you really simple.

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
On a recent trip to USA , I buyed almost all the Halo books. I red First Trike and now Im reading Contact Harvest. If you are a fan of Halo , they are pretty good.

Also Im reading Naruto and Lucky Star.

I like to read.

Mar 9, 2010
I'm reading The Prince by Machiavelli. I'm going to be moving on to The Republic by Plato, The Communist Manifesto by Engels and Marx or 1984 by Orwell.

endisforever

Dec 7, 2009
Just finished reading another great Grahame Joyce book. Stormwatcher. Although obviously no where as good as the Tooth Fairy!

Taldeer

Apr 15, 2009
Wizard and Glass, the fourth book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Everyone I know who has read the entire saga told me it's the worst of the bunch, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

The_Jott

Nov 9, 2009
chromewarriorXIII said:
Not reading anything currently, but I just finished the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. I put down the third book after finishing it and immediately wanted to pick it up again and start reading it all over again.

That's a recommendation if you can't tell.
Yeah i just finished the Night Angel Trilogy and really enjoyed, i picked up the final book on tuesday and finished it on thursday night i was hooked.

Ive just started reading The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie and it seems pretty good but im only about 50 pages in so i have a long way to go before i will have a firm opinion on it.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Hyperion by Dan Simmons. It's brain warping fun. (^^_^^)
Serioulsy, It's like the Lord of the Rings, only set 700 (or so) years in the future. I really recommend it if you like epic SciFi.

senorfatso

Jul 26, 2008
2733 said:
beyond good and evil by Nietzsche which is actually part of a massive brick of a compilation of his works, serious stuff and a little on the heavy side
I've gotten about 100 pages into that and have given up on it for now, most of its going over my head. I should read Thus Spoke Zarathustra first methinks.

Otherwise, I'm reading Plato's Republic and Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, both very impressive pieces

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Right now i'm reading On War by Clausewitz (unabridged), The Penguin Book of Norse Mythology, European Armies and the Conduct of War by Hew Strchan, The second Gaunt's Ghosts omnibus by Dan Abnett, Honoured Enemy by Raymond E Feist and Machiavelli's The Art of War.
Honoured enemy is a must for any fans of the Riftwar, Gaunt's Ghosts is Gaunt's Ghosts, what more need i say about it?
The others are good if you are interested in the related subject matter, but if you aren't then you would likely find them very dull

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it so far.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
I'm...still not done with the last book of Douglas Adams' hitchhiker trilogy. D: