Your current book...

Kavic86

May 28, 2010
I suggest All books by Jim Butcher, He wrote "The Dresden Files" and more books. I like them all.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
Im currently reading "the god delusion" by Richard Dawkins but im not that far into it so i cant give an honest recomendation however I would like to reccomend Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Warforger said:
The Essential Writings Of Karl Marx. I read the craziest books particularly because I don't like reading, so whenever I do read books it's usually the more interesting or historical ones, my last book was called Heavy Metal Islam.
Yeah, "The Essential Writings" was one of the few books that I actually gave up on... I feel your pain!

Heavy Metal Islam eh? I'm interested... Is it good?

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
Just picked up Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" for the second (third?) time, quite a good book. Religious issues aside, his books are solid intellectual thrillers.

Bru09

Jun 9, 2010
Knife of Dreams, book 11 of the Wheel of Time Series, written by the late Robert Jordan. This series is possibly one of the best fantasy series I have ever read before, I highly recommend it.

Also, @ 2733, I read entirely too much of Nietzsche in school, have to say I was more of a fan of Rousseau and Plato myself. Definitely serious stuff though all around.

Warforger

Apr 24, 2010
ThatLankyBastard said:
Warforger said:
The Essential Writings Of Karl Marx. I read the craziest books particularly because I don't like reading, so whenever I do read books it's usually the more interesting or historical ones, my last book was called Heavy Metal Islam.
Yeah, "The Essential Writings" was one of the few books that I actually gave up on... I feel your pain!

Heavy Metal Islam eh? I'm interested... Is it good?
Oh, well first off, it's serious. It's literally about Muslims in Middle Eastern Nations who like metal. If you like documentaries and find this topic interesting you see how they can show how the governments are corrupt in the meanwhile.

I didn't give up on it, actually I'm still reading it since I find it very interesting, although I bet Mien Kampf would be easier to read.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Trivun said:
It depends, where are you from? In the USA there's only one big volume, whereas in the UK (and I think other countries too, but I'm not sure) the single book was split, so we had two seperate, cheaper versions, with the stories split down the middle. However, to make up for us having to fork out twice, there's also an extra story in the UK version that the US version didn't get, included in our Volume Two.
Really...

Great, now I'm gonna have to buy it just for that one extra story...

zacaron said:
Im currently reading "the god delusion" by Richard Dawkins but im not that far into it so i cant give an honest recomendation however I would like to reccomend Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
I read the God Delusion and I rather liked it... It's definitely on my suggested reads...

I've been recommended "Leviathan" a couple of times, but I can't find the damned thing... Every time I go somewhere it's not in stock...

Guess I'll have to keep looking!

JackRyan64

May 22, 2010
I just finished World War Z, kind of old news, but I'd still recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

I plan on starting either Catcher in the Rye or Forrest Gump soon.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
fenrizz said:
World War Z by Max Brooks.

Great book, well written and the realistic approach makes it well worth my time.
Me too, a little over half way finished with it. When I get done with this I'm on to Flip This Zombie.

Super Six One

Apr 23, 2009
I am attempting the book MR Nice by Howard Marks, but i am realllllly finding it hard to get into and even care about.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
At the moment I'm reading Insomnia by Stephen King, so far it's an excellent book.

Turbo_Destructor

Apr 5, 2010
I'm in the middle of "Fade Away" by Harlan Coben, it's the third book of a great crime series - really good plots and even better characters, I recommend them to crime-lovers. If you're interested the first book is called Dealbreaker

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Mr.Mattress said:
I hate other people's Fiction, but right now I am being forced to read "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Slinger for English.

... And I don't like it so far... The guy in the book is such a jerk.
YES! Another person gets it!

Right now I'm reading.... Dougy..*shudders*... For year 8 English, it is a 151 paged book and I have almost finished it in about 4 days. The reason why I shuddered though, is because it is just annoying to read. It is about aboriginals in Australia, one of which, Dougy, faces a lot of racism in his small town. Thats about it really, the book only livened up towards that last 50 pages when a white man gets shot in the chest by an aboriginal.

PS: It's hard to have sympathy for people who refer to white people as "whities"

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Between books at the moment.

I've been meaning to read both House of Leaves and Moby Dick for the longest time, but I'm not sure if I'll get to either of them soon.

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
stone0042 said:
Just picked up Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" for the second (third?) time, quite a good book. Religious issues aside, his books are solid intellectual thrillers.
As long as you make sure to turn your memory off, that is. Otherwise some of the absolute hokum that Brown comes up with might infect your brain until one day you believe that CERN actually has its own supersonic jet.

His books are like being shot in the face with a plot machinegun, every other page has a twist or a 'game-changing revelation'. If you're willing to suspend all disbelief and swallow the bullshit those books can draw you right in. you have to hand it to the man, he knows how to keep the pacing up. The plots might be all over the show with spurious 'facts' thrown in to lend authenticity, but damn if it isn't fun to just go along with the ride.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I finished a book about WWII called "The Spy who spent the war in bed" recently but I don't have anything lined up for the moment.