Your favorite Anime

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Oh you do not want to mention the Harem genre around me. I absolutely hate it!
Just probably because I'm a pretty hardcore fan of the romance genre. XD

Caramel Frappe said:
I do have to admit that Katawa had some very pretty cutscenes/movies.
It would of been impressive if they had created an actual anime. (Though I doubt they can)

And I never took you for a Naruto/Bleach fan Caramel. I was a fan of the two (or THE BIG THREE) in my younger years, though now I have been interested in many, many anime.

Elfen Lied was indeed an awesome horror story.
I have the collection here at home ... was definitely worth it.
(I'll try Welcome to the NHK too, my anime club has been talking about it)

For Full Metal Alchemist, I loved the original series, it was part of my childhood.
In later years I finished it, it was well worth it.
The original's OPs was awesome. :D

Though let me tell you, Brotherhood exceeds the original series.
You should really watch it if you like Full Metal Alchemist. :D

OT:
And now for my turn. I won't post a long list or anything though I will respond to the name of this topic and say what my favorite/number one anime is.

This anime is the reason why I roleplayed the main protagonist for four years ... FOURS YEARS!
I guess you can say that he is also one of the reasons why I got into the Escapist. :D
So I have to love this anime, I own the DvDs and it is all TOO worth it.

The characters are deep, lovable and fun.
The story is dramatic and mysterious.
And the relationships in this anime are just poetic.

my top anime of ALL time.
If you haven't watched it ... well watch out ... I'm coming after you.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Mine often changes, but is currently Code Geass. The twists and turns are fantastic, and the end gets me every time.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Easily Deadman Wonderland.

My gradual conversion of people on this site to fans of it is a testament to that.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Hmmm Cowboy Bebop is probably still my "all time favorite" but Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is a REALLY close second and Eureka 7 is a solid third.

After that... the rest could be in pretty much any order...
Macross Frontier
Gundam Zeta
Samurai Champloo
Trigun
Slayers NEXT
Scrapped Princess
Full Metal Panic: Ffomoffu

I've been "at" anime for quite awhile (1998 WOO!) and these are the series's that have really stuck with me over that time period.

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for action. Azumanga Daioh for slice of life. Gunsmith Cats for girls who kick ass. Soul Eater to answer "So, what's an anime that I can start on?"

Currently trying out Btoom! and Sword Art Online.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Avatar related, there is absolutely nothing that even comes close to Legend of The Galactic Heroes.

Would it be ok to put MyAnimeList here? It would just make it easier to judge my taste...

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/xplosive59&show=0&order=4

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
In order: Eureka Seven, Gurren laggan, Soul Eater

All 3 are great, the first 2 are epic, and Eureka Seven tugged at all of my heartstrings.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
demonzen15 said:
I don't watch a lot of anime, but Ghost in the Shell and its offshoots have always held a special place in my heart of hearts
I'll second this, also I really can't wait for Arise. They're putting a lot of money into marketing it for sure.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
mParadox said:
stealing your system, minus exclamation marks
Horror: Another, although i suppose it could actually be suspense
Comedy!!: ok this one's not technically comedy, but it has me laughing almost every episode: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Action: Tough choice between Gurren Lagann and D. Gray Man
Sci-Fi: Steins;Gate
Western: Tough choice between Trigun and Baccano!
General: Fate/Zero

Cyfu

Nov 25, 2010
Hmm, I don't know what my favourite anime is but here are some that I love

-Hunter x Hunter
-Gintama
-Hajime no Ippo
-One Piece
-Full metal alchemist

Crowns18

Jan 16, 2010

This
seriously that anime is insane it feels like they were on something when it was made

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Your lack of faith displeases me Escapees.
Every boyish fantasy rolled into one glorious joyride through space!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
PunkRex said:
I never really got the appeal of Outlaw Star... must be a Cartoon Network (which was unavailable in Canada) Toonami era thing...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
PedroSteckecilo said:
PunkRex said:
I never really got the appeal of Outlaw Star... must be a Cartoon Network (which was unavailable in Canada) Toonami era thing...
Canada never got Toonami? Thats some serious tragedy right there...

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
Truth be told when I first joined this website, I have a Pein avatar (from Naruto Shippuden) and that was when I didn't know how to make Avatars! (dun dun dun). But yeah to this day, I love Naruto and Bleach. Not as highly as beforehand, but I am still watching the series continue. I also tried giving One Piece a go, but I didn't like the art nor humor for very long. But I enjoyed it still. Also this was my first Avatar on here.

I remember talking to you when you had that Avatar when I first joined like 3 years ago.

Growing up with Naruto and Bleach was fun, except for that draught that was the pre-Shippuden filler arc... oh gawd... *flash backs*

Gai and Lee are still my role models! To bad the series inherited all of DBZ's problems.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Stryc9 said:
I'll second this, also I really can't wait for Arise. They're putting a lot of money into marketing it for sure.
Y'know, I like GitS (whether manga, original film or SAC), but for some reason, while it looks great, I'm rather irked by Arise... the character designs are so different from all previous incarnations in both aesthetic and physicality that I'm somewhat reluctant to get excited about it... :/ That and the complete overhaul in voice cast... no Atsuko Tanaka! T_T