Your favorite PS2 rpg?

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
FoolKiller said:
Distorted Stu said:
EvilMaggot said:
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
This was suprisngly pretty badass. Especialy the Helms Deep level!
So this for me and FFX
Aren't they the same game. That's what Third Age felt like.

For me, it has to be Disgaea. I don't think anything could top the story from that. The gameplay was pretty badass too.
They used a very similar if not the exact same fighting system. Probably made on the same engine. I know they were both really a like. Third Age was a pretty good game if not a little too linear.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
I definitely remember Radiata Stories as my favorite, but pretty soon I'll be starting the Shadow Hearts trilogy and Rogue Galaxy, so I really don't know.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Chamale said:
Does Shadow of the Colossus count? It has levelling, and it's so awesome that I'll count it as my favourite PS2 game in any genre where it fits. Besides, I don't have any other even vaguely RPG-type games on PS2. I have heard good things about Persona 3, though.
No I don't think it does count. To me, Shadow of the Colossus is more like an adventure/puzzle game hybrid. Still, it is a great game like you said.

OT: Probably Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2. Both very good games, and they both also got me interested in the FF series. Hell, if it weren't for them I'd probably never would've have played Final Fantasy 7. Which led to me playing Final Fantasy 9, one of my most favorite games of all time.

IliaSeldania

Aug 8, 2010
Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The only only RPG that Ive ever played that follows the continuity of the first game so well that major plot points in the game revolve around side quests and secret areas from the first game. It actually assumes that you did everything in the first one, which is fantastic. My only gripe was that it was too damn easy. Other than that, damn near perfect game in my eyes.

XIGBARx13

Nov 19, 2009
Persona 4. I've never actually played Persona 3 though, so I might have to pick that up sometime. I doubt I will find it better than its successor though.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Persona 4.
Love that game so much. Persona 3 FES is great as well, but the expansion bit was bad, Yukari is pretty damn annoying, and P4's combat is just so much better.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Jeez.
Am I the only one who liked the D&D rpgs?
I did like FFX too but my wife got more into it than me.

megs1120

Wing Commander
Jul 27, 2009
For me it's a toss-up between Personas 3 and 4 and, oh god oh god OH GOD OH GOD PLEASE DON'T KILL ME Final Fantasy X-2

Sora383

Escapist +
Mar 17, 2010
Alberta the land of snow snow and sometimes sun
Country
Canada
oh jeesh one favorite is a tough call I honestly agree with everyone's posts so far regarding the games but if i have to pick one its gotta be persona 3 jut for the story. and I know its not a true rpg but more of an mmo but I loved the stories in Final fantasy 11 as well

Fantasylord

Aug 25, 2009
For me my fav ps2 rpgs have got to be a 4 way tie between:
Artonelico Melody Of Elemia
Kingdom Hearts 2
Final Fantasy X-2
and finally Lord Of The Rings The Third Age.
Ironically I am focused on playing Artonelico 2, these days right now I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Blemontea said:
Dark Cloud 2, so amazing and beautiful.
This, this, this!

Best rpg EVAAAAAR.

Everything in the game was brillant, the gameplay was great, art style amazing, orginal story, tones of bonuses...

Drakos.Amatras

Mar 23, 2011
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha VS The Soulless Army.
And the sequel, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha VS King Abaddon.