Your favorite starter weapon?

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
mrhappyface said:
Urgh76 said:
The Buster Sword and the Kingdom Key

In KH 2 i had no clue you could switch weapons and still beat it XD
I honestly never switched weapons in that game. It wasn't that hard really. Spamming magic never got old though.
i did the opposite i changed keyblades often swithcing between kingdom key and ultima weapon....wait guess i didn't change weapons often then. unless you count drives. you guys actually used magic in those games? i just wailed with the kingdom key untill i got ultima and even then i only used it on sephiroth (the basterd) and ansem....oh i beat xigbar with the winnie the pooh keybalde only to humiliate him

slopeslider

Mar 19, 2009
ethaninja said:
Anything with a 9mm gun. Small calliber, which makes it a lot more challenging and fun =) I hate those games that throw you in with a bfg or a full on arsenal at the start, etc.

9mm m4.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'm torn between the energy sword in Halo 2 (in the level 'the Arbiter' you start off with one) and the wrench in Bioshock.

mrhappyface

Jul 25, 2009
ace_of_something said:
The soul reaver from... soul reaver.

apparently 'reaver' is not a word according to spellcheck.
weird thing is that you literally start with the best weapon from the start.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Metalhandkerchief said:
The PISTOL from.... no, not what you think...

Red Faction!

You could do anything in the game with that, except blow up walls with it.
I assume we're talking about the first, Red Faction, correct?

In which case, I very much agree - the pistol was excellent.

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Either:
Automag from Unreal. Not because it was particularly good (it wasn't, barring accuracy), but because it looked cool, and it was still possible to take down titans with it (iirc, about 140 shots, but there we go).

Also:
Dispersion Pistol, from Unreal. 4 upgrades available, and a activatable powerup that allows it to kill anything in one hit. And its a starting weapon. Awesome.

Hoiguyyami

Jun 17, 2009
Your arm, from medieval, or the Operator from MGS4. The first time i ripped my own arm off and started beating people to death with it, i was very surprised, and i used the Operator from beginning to end.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
Lara's pistols, no contest. I used them all the way through every game, and the only time you don't start with them is in Angel Of Darkness... Doesn't that tell you something?

(Edit: The beginning of Revelations doesn't count... Because I said so).

On a dual pistol theme I'd say the Enforcer from UT3, especially when you pick up a second one. (Although it's always bugged me that the second one you pick up, the clip is on the wrong side).