Your favorite way to kill guards.

johnnyLupine

Nov 19, 2008
Zhukov said:
The sneak-past-and-let-them-live-to-see-their-families approach.

Sadly not always an option.
This is a really satisfying way of playing some games, but even in the ones which encourage this ive found some fun ways of dispatching enemies.

In mgs3, in the mountain region, there is an enemy base complete with trenches, planks to get over said trenches and afew storage buildings. Whilest trying to sneak my way through the area i came across a storage shed, i saw a patrol walk into it. i waited a while longer and he came back fairly soon. When he left i ran into the building and set acouple of explosives about the place. i went back to my hiding place and when the patrol went back inside. Boom.

Oh, there is also a mod on morrowind which allows you to attempt to break your targets neck while sneaking, the chance of sucess is modified by your strength and luck ,i think. you can only insta-kill them if no one in the area has seen you at all. Thats quite fun.

Beat14

Jun 27, 2010
Well in Hitman Blood Money I used to love being disguised following the guard to a place where no one can see, then get out a single silver baller (Agent 47 choice of pistol) fire one shot to the head and be done with it. Yeah not very interesting, I know.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Definitely love the kills in Assassin's Creed, but headshots in most shooters are satisfying too. See also: Running people over in cars.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
I don't kill guards, only the targets. Once the guards know what's going on, i'll be long gone.
(Hitman series, so satisfying)

Mar 30, 2010
Sniper head-shot from range is preferable; sneak-attack shotgun to the back of the head if aforementioned sniper option not viable. If the game has a 'grab' function, all corpses must also be re-arranged into amusing and/or sexual positions before proceeding.

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Probably air assassinations in Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood, especially when you have both hidden blades. Also sniping, especially in games that would have their heads explode, I think GTA3 and/or Vice City had that feature...

XxSummonerxX

May 17, 2009
Decisions... I'm going to have to go with... Fable 3 fire and vortex combo. Nothing beats picking a guard up and watching him spin around whilst on fire. If he's still alive after that he deserves to catch me. Unfortunately I have a 20k bounty in all cities so if they do survive, I stab them while they're lying on the floor, still burning... EEEEVIL!

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
My favorite was less sneaky but still sent a message. I made it into more of a duel haha. In Oblivion I would punch one guard in the face then get my sword out. I would then proceed to... "resist arrest"

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
A true professional doesn't kill except when necessary, butchering a bunch of rent-a-cops is not necessary.

In and Out. Leave no trace you were ever there.

CheesusCrust

Sep 24, 2009
XxSummonerxX said:
CheesusCrust said:
Oblivion: Cast enrage on one of them and watch as his buddies are forced to bring him down.
Enrage doesn't work on guards.
Really? oh well I remember doing it alot, must have just been random people then. In that case I choose paralyzing them and pushing them off of high places. That castle up in the mountains was always a fun place to push them off cliffs.

Seraniel

Jan 26, 2011
Oblivion Flame tempest spell :D or an occasional headshot when they dont wear a helmet.
with other games. anything explosive :D

XxSummonerxX

May 17, 2009
CheesusCrust said:
XxSummonerxX said:
CheesusCrust said:
Oblivion: Cast enrage on one of them and watch as his buddies are forced to bring him down.
Enrage doesn't work on guards.
Really? oh well I remember doing it alot, must have just been random people then. In that case I choose paralyzing them and pushing them off of high places. That castle up in the mountains was always a fun place to push them off cliffs.
No, you can start a major riot where guards will attack guards if you berserk lots of randoms, the guards will sometimes hit each other if an enemy moves or something. They will then attack each other because of AI hitting blah blah etc.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
Snipe them.

... Although that goes for me when killing most things in any game with sniper rifles(or just scoped guns).

Teh_Lemon

Sep 5, 2008
Sniping one of them,
watching them all run in one direction in an effort to find out who did it,
picking off the one straggler,
throwing a grenade towards the huddle, and sneaking in and finding a place to hide just before it goes off.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
El Cookio said:
For me I enjoy games with good ragdoll physics and then chucking them into things that break. I think this comes from my childhood watching WWF and people falling through 4 tables and other stupid stuff like that.
This if it's an option. Throwing people through windows/off ledges/cliffs/buildings is a must.
If none of these, it's stealth kills/melee combat all the way.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I'm not very subtle. I typically go in fast and shoot them in the head.