Your greatest fear?

Garzo

Nov 26, 2008
Spiders. And my ex. So I guess my greatest fear would be a freak combination of a spider and my ex. I'm going to sleep well tonight...

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
I've often heard it said that all humans have at least one phobia, one thing they fear above all others no matter how irrational. I'm aracnophobic and my sister is claustrophobic, so I ask you what are your greatest fears?
My greatest fear? Being in a completely dark room with a cannibal being in the same room with me and my not being able to see him.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
xChevelle24 said:
SmilingKitsune said:
I've often heard it said that all humans have at least one phobia, one thing they fear above all others no matter how irrational. I'm aracnophobic and my sister is claustrophobic, so I ask you what are your greatest fears?
My greatest fear? Being in a completely dark room with a cannibal being in the same room with me and my not being able to see him.
*eep* Very creepy thought.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
SmilingKitsune said:
xChevelle24 said:
SmilingKitsune said:
*eep* Very creepy thought.
Tell me about it....

:/

AdmanUK

Mar 27, 2009
Spiders and heights. My sister sometimes says I am agrophobic buts that just cos I am here posting haha

killereddy

Feb 23, 2009
Yellow Lad Unleashed said:
Agayek said:
I'd have to say people in general. Not entirely sure why, but I get rather flustered, nervous, and quiet when I talk to people I don't know at least moderately well.
That's just being antisocial. Don't worry, though. I suffer from it too.
Haha! You're like me!

But on a more serious note *ahem*, I have a serious fear of drowning. Won't go anywhere near a body of water large enough to dunk my head in and proceed to gurgle and thrash about until my painful death.

Heights also freak me out. I mean dying by falling doesn't scare me a bit. You get to fly before you get squashed into a Rorschach inkblot test in the middle of a street, thereby inconveniencing innumerable amounts of people. What's not to love? But just being able to see that the really 200 foot tall hot-dog stand with the neon signs and dancing strippers on it looks like the tip of a needle as you are precariously perched on the ledge of some generic building would terrify all of the excretables out of me.

And the dark. Not like night-light scared, but if I see a dark room, I avoid it like a cloud of airborne AIDS is in there. The thought of crazy people in dark rooms waiting for me to come by and die by their hands in some grisly way makes me quite jittery.
awesome i'm not alone, on all counts. when i'm home alone I generally end up with every light in the house on, especially if it's stormy outside

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
To be buried alive. And everyday fears... I don't know... does fear from having to actually work counts?

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
Spiders... I can't be near Spiders!
I am a giant man of almost no emotion or fear and have killed deer and other such animals with my bare hands. I have been shot twice and had a gun put to my head more than that, and spiders make me scream like a little girl and run away (if im not frozen with fear).
All of my nightmares have spiders in them. I got a bad fever of 105°F before and started to see things. The things i saw were spiders, thousands of them. My friends found me in the fetal position crying and screaming after a few minutes though. I hate and fear spiders more than anything else and hope that I never wake up with any on my face.

Bonaggy

Sep 10, 2008
A genuine phobia can encompass anything--given the way our brains our wired the opportunity for something to become frightening is vast in scope. However, there is another point, sometimes people forget that a fear can cause someone to become too fascinated with what has scared them--the true meaning of a fetish. In the times I've written stories, I've had to look up stuff and it really does boggle the mind to see how we react to something that has literally scared us out of our wits!

Bon

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
Biek said:
Lusperus said:
My Imagination.
I think I can think of an example of what you mean. I had a period in my life where I was afraid of certain thoughts I had. It basically involved hurting other people and while I had no urge to actually do it, I was very afraid I might actually do it someday.
ohhhh fu- crap i know what you meani thought i was literally insane and some of the stuff was horrible. it scarred the shit out of me.