Your "I'll get back to it" game...

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
...Dragon age origins.

You see, I'm trying to beat the whole saga and then played Dragon Age 2. But I don't feel like it.

-_-"

Shodan1980

Mar 29, 2010
Basically anything Steam has ever sold me, currently sitting at:

BTTF: Ep 4&5
Ben There, Dan That
Cryostasis
Red Alert 3
Dungeons
Hydrophobia
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Recettear
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl
Singularity
Oblivion

All sitting there bought, and either partly or not at all played, I keep going back to Civ 5 and X-Com games. Damn you and your sales Steam.

And Resident Evil 5, Dead Rising and Just Cause 2 on PS3. I've a sneaking suspicion I'll be adding LA Noire to that one, just not feeling gripped by it.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire. No idea why, but with both of these, I got maybe 10 hours in, then some other game came out or a new book was released or something and I haven't gone back to either yet.

TheBadGamer

Mar 8, 2010
Fallout 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Oblivion, Dragon Age and so many more games, I just don't know why.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Fallout 3.

There's just soo much game there, so much to do that I don't have time for it all. It's also one of those games where you can't just play for an hour, put it down, and do something else.

Steam sales also don't help because I keep piling on more games that I need to play.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
It was GTAIV, but then I was bored enough to finish it. It's not one of those games you can play in long sessions.

Now it's FFIX. I'm a bit through Disc 3 and I completely forgot where I'm supposed to go.

theguitarhero6

Nov 21, 2009
I got up until the third disc on Lost Odyssey and just abandoned it.
Not that I disliked it, its just that I bought Bulletstorm and got distracted by a few more titles without realising that I hadn't beat it.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
StBishop said:
Arkham Asylum.

I've been meaning to finish it for ages, but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't fins all of the Riddlers things.

I am concerned that I'll reach a point in the story where I can't go back for the things I've missed. It'd be good if you were able to go through all of Arkham once you have completed it.

Can you?
After you beat the game, you can go back and collect everything.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Dragon age orogins, its so bloody hard!
Are you playing on console or PC?
In any case, a tactic I found that usually works, if you know you'll be approaching a large group of enemies, halt your party at the maximum edge of the range of your longest ranged weapon. Then get out said ranged weapon and go and pick out any random enemy out of the big group and shoot 'em. That single enemy and maybe one other should then run over to you where you and your party can easily take them out. Rinse and repeat until the large group of enemies is a more manageable size. ...or nonexistent.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Pretty much every game I own. I find it really hard to beat a lot of games.

But to name one game, Valkirya Chronicles. I want to finish that game, and I hope I will eventually, but... meh.

shogunblade

Apr 13, 2009
StBishop said:
Arkham Asylum.

I've been meaning to finish it for ages, but I feel like I'm missing out if I don't fins all of the Riddlers things.

I am concerned that I'll reach a point in the story where I can't go back for the things I've missed. It'd be good if you were able to go through all of Arkham once you have completed it.

Can you?
I thought the same thing as well, but then I finished the game and I was missing about four Riddler trophies. When I beat the game, I was able to go back to find those trophies, and finish the main game (now I just need to play and beat it on "Hard" difficulty and that's about it). So yes, you can go back and find the rest of the trophies despite finishing the game.

OT: Red Dead Redemption,Dark Void and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune are three games I'm hoping to get back into soon. When I bought L.A. Noire, everything else got put on the back burner.

PeacanPie

Jan 17, 2011
Pokemon... >_>
I've played all the games for hundreds of hours. I've been resisting now. It's just calling out to me, even now, and I'm trying to resist the temptation. I've left all my portable devices on 0 battery so I'm not tempted! xD

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
Eternal Sonata, my second playthrough.

I played the hell out of it on my first run, but once I started the second, I wasn't as enthralled as I was at first. Still a damn good game.

MADrevilution

Nov 2, 2010
Dragon Age 2 for me, i love it, but for some reason everytime i try to play it i get distracted and forget about it

alittlepepper

Feb 14, 2010
DA:O, Tomb Raider Anniversary, Tiger Woods (any, PGA Tour mode), Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemption (Haven't even started yet, does that count?), Call of Juarez BoB...actually...pretty much 80% of my game collection I haven't totally finished...

GoBologna

Nov 19, 2009
I have 2 of these. The first is Super Meat Boy, because the level I'm on is really frustrating. The second is Batman: Arkham Asylum, because I have no clue what to do next.

Justyn Stahll

Jul 22, 2010
for me it is sadly Dragon Age 2.....when I pick it up and play it again I just find a new game to play and forget about it until I get bored and play it again the cycle continues.

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Record of Agarest War and Fallout New Vegas

Those are the only two I've put aside that I plan to go back to.

Oh - and Reccetear, if I ever get bored of all the other games I haven't played in a while.

vladtehimpaler

Jun 23, 2009
Shin Megami Tensai III: Nocturne. I'm about 3/4 through the game, and I never seem to be able to get around to finishing it, and I have no idea why, because I love the game.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
About half the games on my shelf. Every time I try to get back to something, I run out of time before something new that I've been waiting on comes out.

I just finally had the free time to get back to playing Bionic Commando and Borderlands, again; just finished a Good runthrough of inFamous 1/2, and an Evil run on the first. Hell, it took me a year to even crack the cellophane on God of War III (for which I bought the Collector's Edition, Day One).

It's not so much that I have a hard time getting back into a game I keep promising myself I'll go back to, it's that I simply don't have the time. I piddle around in games and take my sweet time with them. Between those two factors and my work schedule, it makes for little headway on the time I do spend gaming, so I constantly rack up more titles that get put on back-burner. I can even think of about a dozen off the top of my head that I actually have yet to pick up, but want.