Your "I'll get back to it" game...

Censorme

Nov 19, 2009
Bayonetta
Fist of the North Star

Now I DO adore these games, but I almost want to save them (if that makes sense).
They both boost my confidence and self-esteem, and I want to save these boosters for a little later.

Bayonetta: Is sexy, confident, long-limbed, and wears glasses. She poses and becomes naked to summon giant demons from hell. That (to me) is really "metal". I want to become a sort of male equivalent when I reach my twenties.

Fist of the North Star: Is just as "metal" as bayonetta. giant muscles and fighting abilities that will chop you in half or make your head literally explode. Although I can't crack my knuckles, I'm inspired to build muscle and spar with people and their fighting styles.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Half Life 1 on the PlayStation 2.

If I start to play it for a few minutes, I get sucked into it, but it takes a lot for me to pop it in.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Oblivion. I've owned it for four years, still on my first character, and nowhere near finishing the main questline. I think it's because, right now, my task is to close a whole bunch of Oblivion gates and I hate entering Oblivion gates. It's the worst part of the game, IMO.

Anyway, I only play it once every six months, to remind myself why I stopped playing it last time.

Maybe some day...

snow

Jan 14, 2010
Dragon Age Origins. I loved BG and BG2, but I have trouble getting into DA. I guess it's because the BG games had a sense of mystery in their antagonists. BG2's Irenicus is by far my most favorite antagonist of all time. DA is much more difficult for me to get into because everything is laid out on the table for you. You're told immediately who your enemy is, and if you're unsure, there are many characters in the game who will clear up any confusion that you may have.

That being said. This is pretty much how I feel for how far I have made it into the game. If there are any surprises, don't quote this to tell me I've got it all wrong, because "I'll get back to it."

Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal expansion, my computer died and I lost the save file to it. I do not want to jump back in by creating new characters in the expansion, because I actually want to replay BG2 so that way my characters feel more personalized. So I am taking a break from those games so that bg2 feels fresh, especially since you can't experience all the content in one play through to begin with.

Starcraft 2 multiplayer laddering: I took a break from the game, and am now rusty in the multiplayer scene, this has caused me to be rather hesitant to get back into it, because I know it will be a bit of a losing streak until I warm up to the gameplay of live opponents. Sure I can go against AI for a while, but even at higher difficulties, it does not compare to a live opponent.

Aliens vs Predator: I'm sorry escapist for not beating the game that you gave me for winning the avp contest, but with how short people have said the campaign was, I only played it in short bursts to extend the amount of entertainment of the game. I happen to do this with games I enjoy because I want to enjoy them for very long periods of time instead of playing through it rather quickly and wishing there was more where that came from. Just so happened I got busy after a while and I didn't have time to sit down and play the game.

The Thing: For the ps2, I was in the very last level, but only had 10 health and couldn't find any health packs. I would always come very close to completing it but would always get hit by something. This was frustrating to the point where I gave up on the game... I guess it's been long enough, and now it's time to beat this game.

GTA3 and GTA san andreas: It's the problem with open world games like these, you muck around so much that you get tired of playing before you finish the storyline. I beat vice city. GTA3 storyline was hard for me to get into for some reason, and San Andreas I was a bit burnt out with that sort of open world gameplay experience to get far into it.

Edit:

Was looking at some of the other posts on here, some one mentioned Valkyria Chronicles. Yeah I have to get into beating that. Same reason as why I didn't finish AvP yet.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Half-Life 2 has been sitting half-done for a while now and I keep saying, "maybe tomorrow" at it, but I never do.
Arkham Asylum, I just need to finish my playthrough on hard and I'll have 100%ed it. Same goes for a three-quarter finished BioShock 2 file. But meh.
Demon's Souls; I played it one evening, put it on my shelf, and haven't touched it in months. It's not that I didn't like it, I'm just not in the mood for it.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Disgaea 3. I am sorry but that games far too long. I like grinding, it's a waste of a couple of hours, but even I get tired of it. That, and the PS3 is hooked up to the family TV and I don't think my mum wants to miss her programmes to watch some brightly coloured demons fight each other with the aid of murderous penguins.

alex2212

May 17, 2011
STILL gta4. It's always the way with rockstar games, you get stuck on a mission that requires you to go on a huge drive, and when you get to your destination you get killed. over. and over. and over again. so you have to walk away before you hurt a controller. Then, months later, you realise that you still have that game, and ask yourself, "why aren't i playing that?" Then you remember. Oh god, you remember

Schmittler

Aug 4, 2010
Red Dead Redemption.

I really wanted to finish that game, because the main story arc was pretty decent, but the gameplay just got old, and it ended up boiling down to "Hey John, go over here and do this for me, and I'll help you find the people you are looking for". John: "Okay. But you better tell me next time!" Rinse and repeat about 10 times. :/

GrimSheeper

Jan 15, 2010
That would be Oblivion. I just don't care enough to load it up again. I've even installed the biggest, most well-made modification I've ever seen for it called 'Nehrim' and even so I just cannot motivate myself to actually keep playing it. I suppose it's both the awkward melee combat, the engine lagging for no reason(it's definitely not the PC that's not meeting any requirements here) and the lackluster conversation animations (just look at Vampire Bloodlines and tell me that Oblivion has a well-made dialogue system)
It's fun and I don't mean to diminish the game here, it just doesn't manage to motivate me into going on.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
All MMOs I've ever played fall into that category, at first.

With WoW being the only exception ever, most MMOs I've played I'll play for a good month or two, devoting probably hundreds of hours to the game, but there always comes a point, and since it's mostly Japan/Korean MMOs, I'm sure you can guess the point, when the game just becomes less fun, and it starts to sit on the "I'll get back to it" shelf.

Then a few more months pass and they get so dust-ridden that I move them up to the "I'll probably never get back to it, but I'll remember them fondly" shelf.

Right now, WoW is still sitting on the "I'll get back to it" shelf, and I REALLY wanna put it on that higher shelf, but the damn thing's so heavy I can't lift it up that high, so it's sort of perpetually stuck where it is.

Other "get back to" games atm are Entropia Universe, DA:O, and S4League.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Got a list here.

Oblivion
Mass Effect 1
Dragon age: origins
Magicka
Planescape: Torment
Trine (just bought the damn game and i've yet to touch it)

Well... WoW is a great big timesink huh?

XIII's Number XIV

Not in here, you idiot!
Sep 14, 2009
Right now it's Megaman X: Command Mission [sub](yeah I know, obvious right?)[/sub]. Made the mistake of saving AFTER you go to the inescapable Final level/Boss Rush WITHOUT picking up X and Zero's Ultimate Armor. Now I'm stuck in a short alleyway with little to no enemies to level up on and the first return boss, which rapes my apparently horribly underleveled team.

I'm actually waiting on a friend to help/cheat me through it, but until then, it's on the backburner while I play Resident Evil 5.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Well, to be fair, all of these games were bought within the same 2-weeks.
.hack infection
The Bouncer
Devil May Cry 2
Resident Evil: Code Veronica(Damn Tyrant made me restart the whole game so I can come back well-supplied)
Xenosaga 1
Hitman 1-3
Yu-gi-oh: Duelists of the roses
This game though, I've been holding on 'til christmas. Winback: Covert operations
I also periodically go back to Infamous to search for that lAST F*CKING BLAST SHARD THAT I CAN'T FIND!!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
TestECull said:
Crysis 2. I got bored half-way through, quit playing. Every once in a while, usually when someone else mentions it, I get that "I'll get back to that" thought, then forget about it entirely.
You really aren't missing anything, you kill the same 3 aliens over and over till they say the world is saved, roll credits.
Crytek know their craft when it comes to engines but god do they make some dumb games.

Witcher 2, because the UI is so shitty I haveto pull up a website that explains just what the fuck the buttons do, every time I play it just pisses me off that a developer can be this fucking lazy.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Demon's Souls.

I know, I know, it's supposed to be a hardcore game for manly men, but can there not be some kind of "Soul Bank" at the Nexus? I mean, Jesus, the gameplay isn't Risk versus Reward, it's "Do Absolutely Anything" Vs Reward. You can't do anything risky or cool when walking down a flight of stairs is just as dangerous as fighting a dragon, and you lose all your souls both ways. And the whole dynamic would still be preserved, because by further exploring a level you still risk losing all your stuff and making it harder to retrieve.

Also, everyone says how it doesn't have "fake" difficulty, but it totally does. For one thing, my mage constantly requires several button presses before finally casting a spell, which gets me killed constantly.

I just sort of gave up on it. I beat the first level, but in 1-2, you need a bow to kill a dragon. Fine, I thought, after quickly checking GameFaqs, I'll go to world 4 then, because that's where bows are. World 4 is inhabited by skeletons who move extremely quickly, can kill me in two hits, and need like five blasts of my incredibly slow firing spell, and magic takes forever to recharge. When I finally kill a skeleton archer, he doesn't fucking drop his bow. I die when I run out magic and my tiny little rapier doesn't hurt the skeletons.

Alright, so apparently to kill the skeletons, I need a blunt weapon, which is on...

And that's when I was fucking done with it. In the prison world, I walk ten feet before getting OHK'd by some fucking mage that needs god knows how many blasts to kill. In the underground world, I kept falling off the edges and dying, and the one time I didn't I got swarmed out of nowhere and my mage got all derpy and refused to block. On the mining world, I entered a room and got destroyed by some fucker who breathed fire in about two seconds.

I mean, jesus, it's a bit much. I only bought the damn game because there aren't any other decent fantasy ARPGS besides Two Worlds 2, and this game looked like it had better combat. Maybe I'll come back to it later.

Dragoon

Jan 19, 2010
Persona 4 I just cannot deal with the stupid time limit worst thing about that game.

Kieros

Jul 4, 2011
Mine is Pokemon White. Given that it's been over three months, and I have just beaten the sixth gym... yeah, Unova's not the best.