Your "I'll get back to it" game...

MortalForNow

Jan 10, 2010
Let me see...

I was one of the bold few who got Brutal Legend on Day One, but I am still only about two-thirds through the story at this point. I've only sat down to play it twice, and every time I do, I get distracted and end up playing something else instead after a certain amount of time.

Even though I have great amounts of praise and love for the first Bioshock, I got Bioshock 2 over a year ago and have only played the first few missions during a single sitting. Can't seem to get back into it, I'm afraid.

Also, I got Alan Wake and Fallout: New Vegas for Christmas last year but haven't opened either yet. Though, to be fair, I've kind of been sucked into Rock Band 3, Mass Effect 2, and Skate 3 in the time since then, so maybe I'll get around to those soon.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
I just got back into my major "I'll get back to it" game- Lost Odyssey. And it's just as good as I remember.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
rokkolpo said:
OT: Star fox Adventures.
I liked it, but whenever I sit down I generally shrug and don't put it in.
This was mine for a very long time. Mostly because I got stuck at a specific section and couldn't beat it. I'd pick it up for a bit, try and fail many times and then not touch it for months. I've since completed it though... I'm NOT playing it ever again though!

OT: I have many games in my "to finish" section. The main ones are mostly older games that I've been trying to play for the sake of future installments:

Ratchet & Clank 2
Jak 2
POP: Warrior Within
Resident Evil: Code Veronica
The Suffering: Ties that Bind
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Beyond Good and Evil
Shadow of the Colossus
Deadly Premonition
Most of the original Tomb Raiders on PS1

All very good games, but I'm just not in the mood for any of them.

codeg

Apr 23, 2011
The witcher 2. I find the combat really hard so it turns me off from the game even though I like the story so far.

MegaManOfNumbers

Mar 3, 2010
Red Dead Redemption.

Got it back in early 2010. Played it intensely, sadly haven't played it since the following fall (of 2010), mainly because my parents are VERY anti-gaming and think I'm not mature enough to play violent games.

though, I'll get back to it eventually. >.>

Continuity

May 20, 2010
I don't know about a single game... but I have about 100 "i'll get back to it" games if that counts :-D

Flipip

May 1, 2011
Currently, Alice: Madness Returns AND Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands.
They're both fun, but who has the time during the summer? haha

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Flipip said:
Everyone has to have one, that game on your shelf that sits there, waiting to be played again. At night you might even be able to hear it crying out to you, but you try to block it out, thinking "i'll go back and complete that game later" or just "i'll get back to it". You even hold off trading it in on the possibility that you might just play it.

At this current moment, for me it is Alpha Protocol and Resonance of Fate. Then you can throw in any Elder Scrolls and Fallout game. I love Bethesda games but the way it works for me is this:

ladedadeda...oh, what is this? a new game called *insert name of the latest several thousand hour Bethesda game* i think i will buy it...*goes to counter, money passes hands* Thank you good sir!

i get home, put the game in and for the next few days i am hooked, but then i realise something, there is a real world out there too. I gradually stop playing as much due to how obsessed i might be getting. Eventually i stop completely and every time i go to play it again the memory of how much i played makes me think twice, especially since there is probably some work i need to be doing.

YOUR TURN!

UPDATE:
I have managed to kick the "addiction" and i am now able to play Bethesda games in moderation so i guess they can be removed from my list (then again i still have a long way to go until completion)
For me it'd have to be assassins creed brotherhood and Killzone 3. Godamn that shitty cover system!! Keeps me stuck at the very end wher ur constantly getting molested by helghasts

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Mister Man said:
How it is for me at the moment:

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within: I am stuck at that stupid boss that regenerates health...

If someone would motivate me to continue playing them it would be greatly appreciated.
This always works for me when it comes to PoP motivation [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGxLLoOod5g].

OT: Fallout Tactics. I'm enjoying the game, but I just can't find the time to play it. I keep telling myself "Eh, I'll continue later." and I can't seem to do so.

StoneCutter

Dec 29, 2010
Lets see...
Brutal legend
Starcraft II
Pokemon White (I literally saved right in front of Zekrom, I don't know why I can't bring myself to finish)
and my 2nd playthrough of ME2 (Vanguard just wasn't doing it for me)

I'll get back to em... eventually

NnyTheV

Aug 1, 2009
I got a few. Half Life 2, Morrowind, Enslaved, FEAR, and Dead Space. I enjoy all of them but I always switch back to games I've already completed. Lately though I've been doing my best to get back to them.

KuwaSanjuro

Dec 22, 2010
Persona 4.... its so long, why won't it end, dungeon crawling got boring but everything else about it was fantastic.

PleaseDeleteMe

Nov 22, 2010
Saints Row 2, I completed the main story, including the uldor missions, turned off my Xbox after it had saved, then when I wanted to arse around it turns out I had to redo everything Uldor

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Oh yeah I have a bunch of those. Persona 3, Sonic Heroes, Sonic '06, Destroy All Humans, Metroid Prime 2 & 3, Star Trek: Legacy, DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows, Resonance of Fate, Sonic and the Black Knight, Star Ocean 3 (I finished the main story, but there's some post game challenges I've always meant to go back and finish), and Star Ocean: First Departure.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins. I like it, but every time I pick it up I run into some ridiculously hard and/or tedious section and give up for another few weeks.