Your in-game phobias

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Frogs. I used to have no problem with frogs but after Dark Souls.....
Seriously, trying to avoid those curse-inducing motherfuckers while knowing the only other possible escape route was to take on the nightmare maker that is the "Gaping Dragon" is the most desperate I have ever been in any game, nothing has but me in such a state. To top it off, I was out of Estus flasks.

TheLoveableMuffin

Jun 11, 2011
Water levels. Most commonly fully-underwater ones where drowning is imminent, scrabbling around the area looking for refuge before you breathe your last bubble. Yeah I nearly drowned as a kid. At a school swimming lesson too trying to retrieve the brick the tutor throws down for you to fetch.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Those hands that come from the ceiling in Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple.
Still freak me the fuck out.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
Looking behind myself...

...it's from Amnesia

*Growls* "...I KNOW YOUR FUCKIN THERE! Do it already!" *whimpering like little girl IRL*

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
fear of the unknown, like in doom 3 im walking down a hallway and i dont know if anything is gong to be around the corner. thats why i never finished that game.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
In all sandbox games i'm afraid that someowne will loot chateau de Raiin. That's why i download mods with unconquerable, hard to find, hard to enter custom abodes. :D

endtherapture

Nov 14, 2011
Timed missions. If you give me a visible timer I am sure to fuck everything up because I'm under pressure and it's awful.

Also water levels in FPS games, the shark bits in HL1 terrified me. Then in Opposing Force there was an entire underwater area. So scaet.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
cloudy water where you can't see very far.

The most terrifying level for me was Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire; the sewer level. Its bad enough when you think there might be something approximately your size trying to get you, but the final boss is a huge tentacled monster. Nothing like seeing a giant tentacle rear up out of the murk to give you a phobia.

Hearing monsters when you can't see them.

Half-life's Ravenholm epitomized this. When you are on the rooftops and you the metal pipes clanking off the sides of the building. You knew that the fast zombies were coming for you but you didn't know where they would come from.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
Dogs.

I'm not even afraid of dogs in real life and even own one myself. But when I see one of those fuckers or any of its relatives (like wolves) trying to kill me in games I get seriously freaked out.

Lordmurdalot

Dec 11, 2010
leet_x1337 said:
Anything that screams at me is very likely to make me scared. Mostly because of this guy:

(Open this in about five different tabs all at once for the full effect.)
those guys scared the shit out of me, mainly cause you heard them ages before you saw them.

for me its any huge chase sequence where your the chasie and the chaser can instakill you.

see king kong, condemed 2 and turok

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
Water enemies, which is why I refuse to play serious sam, the first time I played the sewer level I screamed and quit, it took me over 3 months to finish that one level so I ended up just cheating for that part so I could become invisible to the nasty Electro fish.

<spoiler=EEEEEEK>

Nemu

In my hand I hold a key...
Oct 14, 2009
Bugs.

Hate them in real life, hate them in games.

Especially the ones that are akin to the bugs in Starship Troopers and something out of Giger's imagination. Ick. Just...ick.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
leet_x1337 said:
Anything that screams at me is very likely to make me scared. Mostly because of this guy:

(Open this in about five different tabs all at once for the full effect.)
Hmm, I always found those guys SO funny! "I'm over here, you stupid headless freaks!"

(My post above shows my fear, in the same Fucking game aswell!!!)

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Fear of large, wide open and empty rooms. There's ALWAYS an ambush and it's always ten times worse than normal fights.

Murray Kitson

Mar 8, 2011
Quests similar to

"Fetch that book of the shelf I am standing in front of." Can't you get your own damn book? Like, seriously... writers need to do their job and not give us busy work all the time.

Zerazar

Aug 5, 2010
Crashes. I'm terrified of crashing and losing my progress or ruining a multiplayer game for my team.
And missing content. I'm almost OCD about completing all quests and killing all enemies.
Lastly losing. I hate losing. A lot. Or even winning but doing so poorly.