your last game purchase? was it worth it?

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Iwata said:
Spookimitsu said:
Two weeks ago I got Fallout New Vegas for $9.00 when I bought my tv from BestBuy. As my first Bethesda RPG (sheepishly reaches for flame shield) I can say that yes, Yes it was indeed worth it. My DCUO league does not approve.
It's not Bethesda. It's Obsidian. :p
Well it aint square enix is it. It's not like Obsidian came up with the Fallout series line, the storyline premise, those sound effects etc, etc... I mean, it says Bethesda on the box. I'm going to just go ahead and consider it my first experience with a Bethesda Rpg if ye dont mind.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Spookimitsu said:
Iwata said:
Spookimitsu said:
Two weeks ago I got Fallout New Vegas for $9.00 when I bought my tv from BestBuy. As my first Bethesda RPG (sheepishly reaches for flame shield) I can say that yes, Yes it was indeed worth it. My DCUO league does not approve.
Well it aint square enix is it. It's not like Obsidian came up with the Fallout series line, the storyline premise, those sound effects etc, etc... I mean, it says Bethesda on the box. I'm going to just go ahead and consider it my first experience with a Bethesda Rpg if ye dont mind.
Thank fuck it's not Squeenix! And the game is by Obsidian, Bethesda is the publisher. Sorry for pointing that out.

DrNinja

Apr 16, 2009
I got Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines and Call of Cthulu: Dark Corners of The Earth for around 20 bucks. I loved both of them immensely, but COC had way too many bugs. Sucks that the publisher went bust, cause I would have loved to see a sequel.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
i just got oblivion yesterday because my old disk finally broke... and the game is still awesome in case someone forgot, so ya, it was worth it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I haven't even opened it. I bought it about two months ago. Still playing NHL 10.

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Fallout: New Vegas, I've got plenty of hours out so yes. Borderlands can fuck off though. Want my money back.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
Iwata said:
Spookimitsu said:
Iwata said:
Spookimitsu said:
Thank fuck it's not Squeenix! And the game is by Obsidian, Bethesda is the publisher. Sorry for pointing that out.
LOL i know, but it's still Obsidian's take on a Bethesda Game (which is why I'm stubbornly saying its a Bethesda game).

Kinda like Street Fighter Ex, you can say it was an Arika game, but its was still Capcom. Am I taking this too far? I feel stubborn now.

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
Last purchase was Dead Space for $15. So far, not regretting it one bit.

Before that was Fallout 3 for $10. Was it worth it? Does the sun come up every day? Hell yes!!!

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
5$ worth of items in tf2 which also gave me premium account so I can trade. Definitely worth it, got almost all the weapons I want:D

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Infamous 2 was gloriously fun and a sound conclusion to Sucker Punch's short but high quality franchise.

Considering I got Infamous for free, I think the extra 60 bucks to finish the story was well worth it.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I bought 3rd Birthday online and I have yet to get it, so hopefully it will.

The last game purchase where I actually have the game on hand was Moon Driver, and I think so. Nice little 2D beat 'em up that I can play between gaming sessions.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Not George Carlin said:
inFamous 2. Yes. It was very much worth it. I'm with Yahtzee in saying that the ending almost came close to making me think about seriously considering tearing up a little. And then I played the bad ending and cried when..
I killed Zeke. WHY'D THEY MAKE IT SO DAMN SLOW! WHY!? THAT WAS THE HARDEST THING I EVER HAD TO DO! GAH!
RIght? Of all the games that I thought was gonna make me cry, inFamous 2 was waaaaaay down on my list. That was just down right cruel what they made all of us watch.