Your Name.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
I've always liked my name, Kedryn. I've always been the only Kedryn, and that's been pretty awesome. It doesn't even bother me that everyone thinks it's a girl's name when they first hear it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I love my name, Joseph. And even though I don't particularly like my middle name, my middle initial is J, which suits my given name just fine. I guess I lucked out in the name department, eh?
loudmadman said:
First name Joseph. Last name Smith. I prefer to be called Joe, therefore I am Joe Smith.

Most. Generic. Name. Ever...and I am fine with that.
I am so glad I'm not a Smith; my surname's common enough as it is, I would hate for it to be even more so. I'm even more glad I'm not a Johnson, because then my initials would be J J freaking J.

Saregon

Yes.. Swooping is bad.
May 21, 2012
GildaTheGriffin said:
Names Eric. Don't like nor hate my name. The name is to mean, 'Rightful Prince'.

But I would want my name to be Rockwell or something unique like that. Also I hate it when people spell my name with a 'k' in place of the 'c'.

Eric - Rightful Prince
Erik - Stout Soldier
Rockwell - Gracious Beast

The meanings are from some site from back in the day. So I don't know how they got that meaning.
The name Eric (as most names) doesn't just have one meaning, they usually have a bunch.

Also, I'm Erik, so there's that, which can also mean 'Eternal Ruler', so yay me.

I often go by my nickname though, which, while some people used it before, really stuck after I served in the army. It's simply a shortened form of my surname, and translated to English would be "The Crow". Doesn't sound quite so badass in Norwegian though, but I don't mind it, I like all 3 of my names.

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
My dad is a cricket fan, particularly of Angus Fraser so I'm stuck with Angus. Not the worst name but after a while the burger jokes get a bit stale. (Oddly the most creative one was made up when I was in year one and got worse)

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Alexander: Defender of Man (Greek name FTW!)

Not bad, but my parents considered naming me Ash, which they totally should have done! XD

I also really like my last name; Devine

That's an awesome name. "Be Divine, Vote Devine" will be my slogan if I ever ran for anything...

Guffe said:
My name is Niko.
There are two variations, one with "k" (Niko) and one with a "c" (Nico). They are both pronounced the same way but it's more of a fact if you're are a Finnish Finn or a Swedish speaking Finn.
You must have enjoyed GTA IV then!

BlackStar42 said:
My first name is Alexander. My middle name is David, after my father. Usually I go by Alex. Alexander is an awesome name, but it also takes too long to say and sounds a bit too formal, I think.
Another Alex?

*High-five*

You can never have enough!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Emilee (actually spelt Emily - had to do something to set me apart from all the other Emily's in my year)I like the name I suppose. I get a lot of compliments on it, it's a popular name.
Better than what my mum had when she was pregnant with me (Lyndsay Elizabeth, eurgh~ no offence to anyone with that name of course, it just wouldn't suit me).
She used to be a care worker and one of the old ladies was called Emily Victoria and she used to knit me little pink cardigans and blankets for when I was born so when I popped out mum changed her mind when she saw me and called me Emily Victoria.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
My first name is Logan and my middle name is one of the most common given names ever.

I personally like my name and I couldn't see me being named anything else. I would like to have a more creative middle name, but the one I have works well.

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
I dislike the name Jack purely because if somebody was to call my name in a busy street about fifty other people would respond due to how common it is.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Fappy said:
If I remember correctly it means "son of" or something. I remember reading somewhere that it means bastard too I think. None of that was ever brought up by any one in high school though.
Eh, it doesn't actually sound that bad 'Fitz', even though it literally means 'bastard son of', but it was almost exclusively limited to royalty/nobility and Royal bastards tended to do quite well for themselves anyway, so it wasn't all bad connotations, I guess. -_- King Bill was called 'the Bastard' FFS!

Call Me Jose said:
Yea this is a pretty safe-zone name, I'm sure people call you just good ol' "Spence" too, at least I would.
Huh... unfortunately for one of my sister's old teachers, he got the bad end of being called 'Spencer'... ended up being nicknamed 'Spanker' by everyone... including a lot of the other teachers... -_-

stvncpr236

Jan 11, 2011
I my self have been a lifetime member of the Club of Steve. My name is actually spelled Stevan, but no calls me that, except for family, and even most of them use a nickname.
Also my last name is Cooper, fairly plain. (I much prefer my last name from birth, Mitchell. Stevan Mitchell, just has a better ring to it.)
My various nicknames over the years are as follows:
Steve
Stevie
Stevie Wonder
Stevorama
Steve-o
Cooper
Scooper
Pooper Scooper (Anyone calling me that gets promptly beaten about the face and head.)
Coops
Koopa
Koopa Troopa
and Shithead (Thanks mom).

I'm probably forgetting a few, most people call me Cooper or Steve. Really nothing overly objectionable about my name really. Sometimes I wish for something more unique, but overall it's fine.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
My name is Kieran, which would be fine if everyone and their brother didn't say it wrong or say it sounds like a girls name 'cause it sounds like karen. All in all it's ok I guess. Not common at all really (at least not where I live).

It's also annoying when every one asks me where I'm from "originally" if they hear about me before meeting me. I'm from the distant mysterious land of Ohio. Where dragons roam the skies and wizards mix potions in their towers :/

arkwright

Apr 1, 2009
i would be happy if people could just say my name correctly.

miss sayings of my name include shade, shane, chef(i kid you not), shamus and bizarrely wayne.

i generally settle for people calling me OI!

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Call Me Jose said:
Some people call me Josey as in rhyming with Rosey when reading my name.
Do people really get your name wrong that often? It seems like a fairly common name.

Buleet

Feb 21, 2010
I have the awesome name of Bart Vanbiervliet.
I always wonder how people in English countries would say the last part, but the worst part is the fucking Bart Simpson jokes.
I want to force someones arm through their scrotum when they make a joke like that.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
My name is yuval.

Very common name here, in every class I went to there was atleast another student who had that name too.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
SckizoBoy said:
Huh... unfortunately for one of my sister's old teachers, he got the bad end of being called 'Spencer'... ended up being nicknamed 'Spanker' by everyone... including a lot of the other teachers... -_-
Lol that gave me a good laugh, but I guess "c's" sounds like"k's" in school now.

T0ad 0f Truth said:
Do people really get your name wrong that often? It seems like a fairly common name.
It usually happens when I go somewhere to eat where they have to call out a name or something. I'd say 1/5th of the time. Which I agree is still pretty odd that people would still get wrong.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Call Me Jose said:
Eddie the head said:
I'm curious, where did your username Eddie the head come from?
I am just going to say that it's an example of most people won't get, but the right people will. Oh, and it's completely unoriginal and lifted it form somewhere else entirely, and I was also surprised it was available.