Your Parents view on a Game you were Playing

Azazcyh

Chocobo Wrangler
Jul 3, 2008
my mom and step dad were alwase giving me comments like "why don't you go outside and do something productive" few years ago set my mom up on burnout revenge and step dad on WOW haven't herd anything sense

Nia-san

Mar 29, 2009
My dad like video games as much as I do. But my dad takes to sucking better than I do. Like when you walk off the level for the 9 billionth time he just laughs and screams with the falling character. I like playing with him but some games he just doesn't get because the game flashes so much in front of you. He usually just asks me if my eyes are turning square from it.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Dead Rising: "If you play this too much, your teenage mind won;t be able to differ between zombies and humans."

Rrrrgh...

Lonan

Dec 27, 2008
My dad thinks games are a complete waste of time and my mom thinks they I should only play for 3 hours a day.

vixendiamonds

Mar 6, 2009
My parents could honestly care less. However, my mom does enjoy Tekken Tag Tournament and often wants to play the bowling mini-game. Other than that, no interest in watching or playing. Oh and they only listen to me talk about games because they have to.

agentgamma

Apr 15, 2009
My Mum complained about the swearing in Disaster Day of Crisis --"
And she sings along to some music in Guitar Hero D:

shaderkul

Apr 19, 2009
Mum: "What kind of demonic game are u playing?" *Sighs*
Dad: "Hey! that guy is about to kill you!!!"

ExodusinFlames

Apr 19, 2009
I was raised by the "The internet is the tool of the devil" kind of parent, if that gives you any idea.
Every game, Super Mario Bros. to Super Metroid to FF7, was evil. It was at that point I said screw it and moved away.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
my mother does not know jack squat about games. She dosent understand why I play MMO or any other games and tried to set up a "time limit" of like 1 hour, it took me 2 hours (eating at a restaurant) to explain to her that nothing can be done in one hour of gaming in a MMO. she also gets worried when I use ventrilo or talk on xbox live and always asks

mom-who are you talking to?
me-friends on the game
mom-are they from school?
me-no
mom-I dont feel safe with you talking to strangers, they could try to find out where you live and rape you.

this comes from my mom who clicks on pop-ups and fills them out, thus filling her computer with virus's, and believes that stuff on those home shopping networks are actually useful and always work and are cheep. >.>

my dad is gay (literally) and he used to care about what games I played. I used to have a temper problem and such when I was a kid and younger (think up to 6th grade) so was against all my war games and such. now when ever I go to his house he does not care as long as I keep headphones on while playing because our rooms are next to each other (1 floor house), and it dosent have any blatant anti-gay stuff in it.

my dad is big on anti-war and government and the such so he jokes when I play mech games

dad-hey I bet you the government is secretly training lazy kids like you so even you guys can benefit in killing people in 3rd world countries! {joking for the most part)

me-yup! now let me go back to killing minorities and arabs dad, I am a training!

funny because we both joke back and forward bout it :)

EDIT:

let me point out that my dad is 54 and im 16. and he LOVES arcade machines and the wii. he has arcade emulators in the house in the form as arcade machines :) and says those take more skill than these games. ahah

platypus1989

Jan 8, 2009
bitzi61 said:
Unlike most of the comments i've read here, my mom is the one who likes video games, while my dad is taking the "jack tompson" route...

and thats why I like visiting my mother more then my father! :p
my family is the same way.my mom love guitar hero and she actually got me hooked with sonic the hedgehog 2 for the sega genesis

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
My dad was always better at Megaman, and to this day has played Homeworld and Homeworld 2 more than me, which is sad, because i've played it quite a bit. I even made some mods for him. He's not a gamer by traditional standards, but he certainly isn't a prude, however, my mom is a different story. She always thought I was childish for playing them... Which was odd since I was a child... Whatever.

nisman

Apr 16, 2009
the comment from my mother i used to hear
everytime : "whats that horrible thing"

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
My parents frown in disapprovement of my life choices in general whenever they see me play a game for a couple of hours. Hell, even 10 minutes. But if I sat down and watched trash TV reality shows for 18 hours a day, they wouldn't mind at all (not that I ever do that, I never switch the TV on to watch anything but the news or a movie, and even that rarely). It's games they have a problem with. Pretty weird, I know.

Piotr621

Jan 6, 2009
My parents allow me to purchase Mature games, because they know that I can tell the difference between fiction and reality. Other than that, they really do not watch me at all, nor play games themselves. However, once my father saw me playing Bioshock, and just as a saved Little Sister ran away to a hole, he starting saying "SHOOT HER! SHOOT HER!". I then replied "You know what? I think I'll come back later." And he says "That's a good idea". He was impressed when he saw me playing Half Life 2 though, and said that its just like a movie.

Billybobj267

Mar 31, 2009
My parents grew up playing games, but they don't get most of the newer ones. And I mean newer by anything past the N64. That was my first console but the original Pong was my dad's. My dad likes to play Rockband once in a while and we bought Need for Speed Carbon mostly because he really likes racing games. He plays FPSs once in a while too, although I'm much better. Everything's too compilicated for my mom. Neither of them really care what's in the game as long as there's not too much swearing and sex in front of my sister. They comment sometimes on it but mostly they're too busy doing something else to care about my games. Good for me though. I don't get bothered too much.

Buffoon

Sep 21, 2008
My mother saw me playing Doom... 24 hours later she was totally addicted. She was 57 and a grandmother at the time. Not the traditional grandmother :p

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
my mum doesn't like games. she once said that if were up to her they would all be banned. luckily, it isn't!