Your Parents view on a Game you were Playing

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
My dad gets quite into whatever I'm playing if he happens to be around when I'm playing it - it's neat; he kinda starts to backseat drive =P. My mum tries to resist, but the awesome power of LittleBigPlanet's sheer unadulterated cuteness won her over in the end =)

DerpyDerpyDerp

Mar 27, 2009
My parents are not interested at all in video games. Sometimes my dad will come down and watch a few minutes of whatever it is I'm playing at the time, comment on something I am doing, and then just walk back out of my room.

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
My mum loves to play Tetris and Guiter Hero. Indifferent on everything else: "whatever floats your boat," she says.

My friend's dad is a wholly different story; he plays COD with us on a regular basis. We kick his ass, but he still has a good time. He also likes the Heavy in TF2, referring to the game as "freaking funny."

hagaya

Sep 1, 2008
im a stranger said:
my mom does not allow me to play FPS i hate it. anyone know how to convince her
My guess is to grow older? Most of them are +17 in the US and some are +13.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
My maw took away GoW2 even if she bought for me a year ago. She said she was having 2nd thoughts. Non which I heard until I dug it out to play 3 days ago.

And she HATES Half Life 2. Says it's too gory and bloody. But again she is the one that bought me the game.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Mom didn't like it when I played Doom, but I have long since ceased to care (because I turned 18 almost 2 years ago)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
The only time I can really remember was when I was first playing BioShock.

I was in the Medical Pavilion level going after Stineburg and my mother walked in at the part when you see the good doctor tearing the splicer open on the operating table. She was utterly shocked and said "What the hell are you playing?!?" I replied with a straight, calm face "It's BioShock. Now excuse me, I have to brutally murder this mean man for his keys." She looked at me like I was a deranged nutter.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
My dad was pretty approving of Half-Life 2 and Portal. Don't care that much, but sometimes we talk and bring the games up in our endless pointless conversations.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Kuchinawa212 said:
My maw took away GoW2 even if she bought for me a year ago. She said she was having 2nd thoughts. Non which I heard until I dug it out to play 3 days ago.

And she HATES Half Life 2. Says it's too gory and bloody. But again she is the one that bought me the game.
Other than the stalkers, I'd say it's pretty tame. The blood is fairly light, just a little bit on the wall, and corpses are always solid and never cut open. The violence you'd expect from a game about shooting dudes is there, but it doesn't really go out of its way to be "hardcore."

lava_lamp

Dec 6, 2008
well when i was playing portal my mom walked over to the computer and looked at it laughed at what gladus was saying but she said she got dizzy watching it

she also watched me play all the way through Uncharted:Drakes Fortune because she was in the room when i got started and was hooked to the story and action

and both my mom and dad comment on the heads exploding in fallout 3 or say something about all the killing when im playing something like counter-strike or killzone 2

oh and my mom and my sister both love bioshock

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I used to play with my dad a lot back in the day.
Last time I talked to him he was getting his ass beat in Ninja Gaiden II.

What a n00b.

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
A random person said:
Other than the stalkers, I'd say it's pretty tame. The blood is fairly light, just a little bit on the wall, and corpses are always solid and never cut open. The violence you'd expect from a game about shooting dudes is there, but it doesn't really go out of its way to be "hardcore."
The ending of HL2:2 was pretty horrific and you could see why parents wouldn't like the zombies. The first time I saw one back in 1999 or whenever it was, I thought they were pretty gross.
My mum watched me play Silent Hill 3 when I first got it back in 2003? Whenever it was. She walked in to say hey and... does anyone remember the bit at the end of the shopping centre otherworld sequence? You climb down a really long ladder and as you reach the bottom it turns into a cutscene? That's the bit she watched. Classic.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
My mother on GTA: San Andreas: "Where's that shovel, I wanna whack some ho's"

My mother on GTA IV: "I miss whacking ho's with shovels, whacking these New Yorkers just isn't the same, OOH there's a ho, what weapons do I have?"

My mother on Final Fantasy VII: "These graphics are terrible, but Whosit's sword is very big. VERY big. Seems Freudian to me!"

My mother on Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix: "That Russian guy looks a bit camp, doesn't he?"

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Jesus im 20 and i still live with the mother (temp!) and she doesnt like me playing FPS's & things.

Thank god we're in the UK cos if we were in the US she'd be so far up jack Thompsons Ass it wouldnt be funny.

The fact that im looking for places too move out means she stays out of my gaming life because she wants me too stay.

Nitehammer

Apr 11, 2009
My dad is indifferent towards games. My mother, however, hates games with a passion. She completely freaks out over violence and harsh language, and starts saying I'm addicted to games if I play for more than an hour in one day.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
My mom and dad are always cool with any game I play no matter how gory or what language is said. Just the time I spend playing these games is what bothers them.

Zellarius Burvenia

Jun 10, 2009
My dad loves the online stuff on armorgames and such, and doesn't usually touch console games. But I remember one time when I got him ADDICTED to Katamari Damacy. He had some trouble with the controls at first, but once he got the hang of it...well, I went over to my friend's house for the afternoon and found him still playing that night. I hadn't seen him this hooked on something since MotherLoad.

As for content, my parents don't really care what I play because they don't buy into the "games make you violent" fearmongering. Hell, they BOUGHT me the Diablo games for Christmas. My mom doesn't like the violent ones, though - she watched the fight with Icarus in God of War II and was all disgusted. Dad knows enough to laugh whenever I screw up.

airEx

Apr 15, 2009
My parents always ask me "Is it fun?".
I say "Yes".
They say "Oh" and walk away.