Your personal demons...

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
Slayer_2 said:
There's nothing wrong with keeping everything bottled up inside, right? :p
of course not, just cut out that piece of colon with a tumor in it..

so this is a long one...i'll break it into spoiler sections

anyways, as for me..well, like a lot of people, death. i'm not afraid to die for people i care about, matter of fact i'd be proud to, the reason i want to join the military is so i can be strong enough to protect them, but i'm still scared shitless by it. i feel like..i dunno..i don't want to die for my country...i'd die defending it, but lets face it...only attack on US was Pearl Horbor. WW3 breaks out, you bet your ass i'm joining up, i'd never fight for my country, but i'd fight for the people in it, and die for the people in it. well..certain people.

compared to my fear of death....rejection. mostly in relationships. can't stand being shot down. i struggle with depression, and when i go for relationships, i try to put my entire heart into them for the long haul. when i get rejected or broken up with..i'm devistated for a long long time. went out with a girl for 4 years, she dumped me, was depressed for almost an entire year. more recently, went out with a girl for 2 months. broke up with me. depressed for 5 months.

being alone in life. i want kids, a wife, a house, a dog..but i've come to realize it might not happen, so i'm good with just my friends..

but what i'm mostly afraid of, is that when i do get depressed..i'd hurt somebody that's close to me again, and i might end up doing something...let's say..drastic? yeah...drastic...and perminant..

so to top it off...i don't have a bad life, horrid past, but my life now is fine. i have no reason to have these fears or struggle with depression. i just do. i know..pathetic, right? =P

MimsySnark

Cat's Meow
Jan 18, 2010
*Sigh* And this on a late night/early morning in which I'm doing nothing but trying to ignore those "demons"! :p

Anyway, I have lots and lots of regrets about my past actions/choices--some of the results I regret could not have been predicted but others could have and I just did the wrong thing, and hurt others, and it's really frakkin hard to live with.

Because of this painful personal history and my general cynical/realistic outlook on life, I'm already pretty certain I've squandered the opportunities to set out on a life course that would be fulfilling, so I fear every day that I will most likely live and die a meaningless, unfulfilled existence.

Darth Caelum

Jan 21, 2010
Basically the fear of being forgotten, that all of your life has done nothing, changed nothing.......*emo music*

dark-amon

Aug 22, 2009
antipunt said:
I'm afraid of God. Weird huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal%27s_Wager
Weird? Who wouldn't be afraid of the idea of an almighty being wich destroys and torment anyone he don't like for all eternity?

My demons is my anger. It don't get out all that often, but when it gets out I'm scary. Seriously, last year 50 students saw me as a ticking bomb aften an incident with my glasses.

SirLT

Dec 9, 2009
Safety railings over large drops. At 6'6" they are almost always below my center of gravity so one good shove and I'm gone. Seriously they need to make those things like a foot taller each.

Also, the fear of being forgotten/leaving no impact on the world. (though the fall mentioned above might leave a good crater :p)

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
I'm not certain of what I'm afraid of beyond the normal stuff, meaning death, losing loved ones and such. I guess one could say that one of my inner demons is that I thrive on vice and feeling like shit; it's as if I sometimes feel good when I feel low, because I'm low.

That sounded awfully a lot like the Xzibit meme.

Edit: After some contemplation, I've cocluded that I do fear going through life without accomplishing something. My name doesn't necessarily have to be shouted across the world, but some form of legacy would be nice. Yay kids.

Valksy

Nov 5, 2009
I have things that I am afraid of - insects, darkness, water, confined spaces. But I don't consider them personal demons, just regular old phobias. My own personal demon is the mental health problems that I have endured for 15 years now and which show no sign of ever letting me have oeace - indeed I am experiencing and increase in severity at the moment. That is a demon.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
mrhappyface said:
Well, to tell you the truth...I'm damn SCARED SHITLESS by terrorists. Having nearly gotten my entire family killed by terrorists in close shaves, I hate them but they also scare me to no ends...What are your personal demons?
How'd they nearly get you?

I'm scared of quite a few things actually, Balding (as my brother and uncle are bald), the ocean (as you lack the control you would on land and can't see what's underneath you, not to mention there's alot of shit we don't know about hiding down there), the dark (okay, its not as simple as 'the dark', darkness doesn't scare me but my mind is creative enough on its own to translate every visible shred in sight into something more vicious), my mind itself is a nice center of fear for me...

hmmm... probably quite a few others.

Jirlond

Jul 9, 2009
I'm afraid of the future. Right now I love technology - but I fear skynet or similar.

Even if technology doesn't wipe up out through military means - it will still have a major effect on us surrogates style in which many people will cease existing outside a virtual realm.

There is also the problem of youth today not learning, computers have spellchecks etc to handle all the reading, writing and arithmetic means. They can also search any question and find the answer instantly. They gain the data but lack the knowledge and understanding of the information.

This is what I fear!

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
zen5887 said:
I'm really scared of hurting my fingers, hands or arms. As a musician, that wouldn't go down well.
I agree. That and going deaf. Music is,besides friends and family, my most cherished object.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
Hekatoncheir, cool guy, likes playing volleyball with golems.

No, I'm too laid back to worry about stuff.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Pararaptor said:
Fear of rejection. I'm too scared to ask places about work, tell a girl how a feel about her, all that shit...
Oh, amongst many other things.
This.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
I am uncertain what I fear... there's a lot of it and that is a problem.
Psychiatrists call it Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I've got meds for it :S

Rejection is of course a big one tho.

metalmmaniac

Jun 30, 2009
rejection, i don't handle it well. not handling it well has resulted in me being terribly shy, resulting in being alone, and then maybe biggest fear, dying alone...it's a horrible cycle.

i'm terrified to lose my family. I've been dealing with depression for 12+ years, and the only thing that has got me by is that i could never hurt my family by doin something drastic. if i lose them, i will be devastated, and then i will lose the last life-line i'm clinging to.

damn, i'm really bumming myself out.