Your Pokemon Gym

KingJay814

Jul 23, 2010
I'm kind of old school so I like the older pokemon with that said my line up would be

Jolteon (All time favorite)
Zapdos (Hardest thing in the world to catch. least for me)
Luxaray
Blaziken
Pidgeot
Aggron

My Gym would would have flames everywhere and the little lackies would all have fire and ground pokemon. Making the person think that I too have fire pokemon. Then they'd come up with their annoying Blastoise and my Jolteon would kill it. They pull something slick between Blaizken, Pidgeot, and Aggron I have nothing to worry about. Oh when I beat the challenger, I take the batteries out of all their pokeballs so they can't fight ever again.

Oh yeah and as far as traps, I door that locks right when you get in, and that dude who's always at the beginning picks your pockets and takes your healing items! No beating my lackys then healing before you fight me. It's all or nothing punk!

KingJay814

Jul 23, 2010
So I could just take you out Articuno, Glaceon, and a Weavile, at level 100. I'll throw in a Garchomp and Salamence for good measure though.

KingJay814

Jul 23, 2010
That's just so wrong! But so awesome! You have to have one of thoes freak of nature snorlax though. That's like a staple for the 999.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I'd be a Steel type gym leader. My lineup would be:

Skarmory
Metagross
Aggron
Magnezone
Fortress
Steelix

The gym would be like a giant science lab-type labyrinth, and taking a wrong turn at any point will spray you with chemicals, inflicting a status effect on your outermost unaffected pokemon.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
A ground gym, in which you need to navigate a labyrinth. My Pokemon would be:

Sandslash
Krookodile
Tyranitar
Hippowdon
Dugtrio

darthotaku

Aug 20, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
The gym of Ultimate Awesome (with Biscuits!):
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite
Dragonite

All level 100, and all the Gym Trainers have them too. If you trip one of the traps you have to fight 100 level 100 Dragonites at once. The badge is a magic Pokeball thing. As soon as you leave the Gym, 1000 Dragonites come out of it and attack you at once.

So, guess what my favourite Pokemon is?
is it Squirtle?

Eisenfaust

Two horses in a man costume
Apr 20, 2009
Essex's Serpent Gym:

- Steelix
- Serperior
- Milotic
- Eelektrik
- Dragonair
- Seviper
- Rayqyaza (failing using a legendary pokemon - Gyarados)

There's no psychic, which annoys me, but other than that you've got pretty much every (decent) type represented... (seviper can learn flamethrower for... some reason. hooray, arbitrarity!)

minimacker

Apr 20, 2010
I actually had this in mind back in elementary when Pokemon Red/Blue was the shit. Hooking gameboys up through the link and gathering challengers to go through my Psychic & Science gym. I'd have some of my buddies to join up as bosses.

The idea never got past the writing board, however.

Edit : Kadabras and Muks everywhere!

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
My steel gym:

Skarmory (lvl. 41)
Aggron (lvl. 43)
Scizor (lvl. 43)
Metagross (lvl. 45)

The puzzle would be based around raising and lowering cranes to reach platforms, but whenever you raised one another would lower. Also, the TM would be Iron Defense (custom TM).

(Geez people, no gym leader has 6 pokemon.)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Uh, I think I'd have a ninja-themed gym/dojo, so I guess that would make my type the fighting type. The gym would sort of be like the fighting-type gym leader's from D/P/P (if I'm remembering it right at least), but there'd be a bunch of traps that either set you back to the entrance or to another room/section away from the leader.
My team... give me a bit to get that one figured out.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I'm not particularly good with just one type of pokémon since I don't look too much into other pokémon of a type once I've already got my favourite in my team. So I'll go with my White team which I'm gonna try out against my friends for the first time today:

DOVAHKIIN!(or Samurott if you wish)
Fluffee ( Whimsicott, it's just so cute!)
IRWINATOR ( Krookodile, I loved Steve :( although I would replace it with Tyranitar if I wasn't too lazy)
Mienshao (I should get round to nick naming this one)
Elektrik (I haven't levelled it enough so I can evolve it without losing moves)
BIWINNING(Braviary, it's Winning)

I doubt it's a good combo because I don't put in too much thought to my Pokémon but it's a team of pokémon I like so alls good:)

edit: The whole gym will be riddles however, if they just look to their left they would see a sign which says Gym Leader this way, which leads straight to me:p

deshorty

Dec 30, 2010
I would have an ice gym.
Articuno
Abommasnow
Pilloswine
Walrein
Cloyster
Kyurem
The trap would be: There is no trap, just an insanely long corridor covered in that snow where you can't run. BUT, there are holes covered by snow, and if you fall down, you have to go back through another really long corridor with the same problem. When you finally get to the end of the corridor on the first floor, there will be a guy at the end saying "sorry, the gym leader isn't here, he is in a small shed round back." BUT, once you get to the shed, you have to solve several riddles that will take you across the land, only to bring you back to...the insanely long corridor where the holes have changed places! I call it, "Icy Rage"

hidden walls

Jul 10, 2009
Weather based team -

Hippowdon with leftovers ( stealth rocks, roar with slackoff for healing and icefang for damage )

Garchomp with choice band ( tipical Crunch,Dragon claw, Earthquake and fire fang

Excadrill ( speed ability) with air balloon ( Sword dance, earthquake, rapid spin, x scissors )

Abomasnow + leftovers ( sub + leach seed )

Frostlass ( Rapid spin, D bond, Thunder wave, ice beam )

Mammoswine ( earthquake, ice shard, stone edge, superpower )

As for getting to the gym leader you would have to change the weather to get passed certain areas

(in rain you require surf to move around and currents force you in one direction)
(in sun area drys out and gain access to lower areas of the gym)
(in hail area is frozen and you slide about like every ice gym)
(in sandstorm quicksand appears which forces you to start the gym again from scratch)

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
Since I'm boring, let's make a fairly standard gym team......
Prolly going with a flying type gym.... 6th gym or so (can't all be 8th gymleader :p)

-Gliscor
-Drifblim
-Tropius
-Charizard

(why yes, I've been asked this question before. Yay romhacks)

MEEBO17

Mar 3, 2010
I'd have a mixed gym of my favorite pokemon. As stated before, why only use one type?

Aggron
Sneevil
Metagross
Gengar
Mew
Feraligater

magicmonkeybars

Gullible Dolt
Nov 20, 2007
Mine would just be a single room with a small pond in the center and my team would be all Psyducks.
They'd all be called Psyduck too and use the same attacks in the same sequence.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
I'd go with fire or dark ('cos there's never been one before):
Fire:
Arcanine
Ninetales
Chandelure
Blaziken
Houndoom
Torkoal

Dark:
Weavile
Liepard
Sableye
Honchkrow
Absol
Zoroark

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
Nothing but Wobbuffets with ridiculous defenses and HP.

The puzzles would all be games of Rock Paper Scissors. Why? Because Wobbuffet is a prediction based 'mon.