Your video game hot take(s) thread

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
I think the link only becomes properly embedded when you are a twitter user. If you're not logged in or not a user, it always comes up like that.
Nah, twitter embeds aren't actually broken. The forum is just outdated. It still expects tweets to have a twitter.com url to embed.

Change any x.com url back to twitter.com and it'll embed again.

As a x.com url

As a twitter.com url

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Another thing I will give Silent Hill 2 and SH2R especially, is doing limited enemy variety right and so much better than Resident Evil 7. I've mentioned this before, but I find the Molded boring to fight and I don't find them visually interesting. The monsters James fights are much more interesting and given much better attack patterns and tactics. The Mannequins in SH2R will use actual hit and run, or ambush attacks. Hiding and hoping you don't notice them. Even the Lying Figures will use some "they can think" tactics if you let them enough in closed off environments. All of these monsters are capable of following you into other rooms, and can even follow and attack you in most save rooms! If you have not been careful and keeping the camera stationed on the save screen. Yes, they can attack you while you're saving! All of these just makes the RE7 age worse by the day compared to lots many other horror games.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
At some point, we need to cut development costs via better dev tools or lower game visuals or atleast stop them from rising. This wasn't a great year for gaming; the math backs that up.

Stop listening to Nvida in the PC market, who always wants the consumer to upgrade-upgrade. It's to the point where 16GB of VRAM is needed for most games now at their apex, and don't even get me started on Skyrim Modlists, which ask for RTX 3090s or 4090s.

Reactions: BrawlMan