Zero Punctuation: 2.5D Hoedown

Edhed

Aug 31, 2009
for anyone interested voxels is an early 90s method of showing 3D terrain, 2D things are a grid of squares shaded in pixels, voxels are that in a cube of volume pixels = voxels with unused ones being made transparent. Also seen in Comanche a helicopter sim

Fr331anc3r

Nov 6, 2008
paste said:
Actually, you can have half a dimension, e.g. the Cantor set or Sierpinski Gasket
I have failed to EVER hear anything about a Sierpinski Gasket being partially dimensional. And relating to another post buried in here. I have also failed to meet a scientist whom believes that times is considered a partial dimension either; the only thing I've ever heard is that time is 4th dimensional. [link]http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php[/link]. This explains it better than I could.

EscChaos

Feb 14, 2008
I am both intrigued and perplexed by the notion of partial dimension (not the video). However, I don't entirely see how it corresponds to the coordinate-definition of dimensions I've gotten so used to with elementary vectors. Having half a coordinate seems a bit like dividing a quantum. But I guess it adherres to some extened definition.

The Video: Though in an other area I complent you on once again succeeding in spreading your own terminology.

paste

Oct 31, 2008
Fr331anc3r said:
paste said:
Actually, you can have half a dimension, e.g. the Cantor set or Sierpinski Gasket
I have failed to EVER hear anything about a Sierpinski Gasket being partially dimensional. And relating to another post buried in here. I have also failed to meet a scientist whom believes that times is considered a partial dimension either; the only thing I've ever heard is that time is 4th dimensional. [link]http://www.tenthdimension.com/flash2.php[/link]. This explains it better than I could.
Then you have failed to read much about the Sierpinski Gasket. Check wikipedia, or if you actually want to learn about it, read Chaos and Fractals by Peitgen et al.

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
zombie711 said:
why cant yahtzee dp wiiware
What is dp? I you mean why he doesn't do WiiWare it's because he hates the Wii and considers the system to be a complete waste of time and money.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
GamingAwesome1 said:
zombie711 said:
What is dp? I you mean why he doesn't do WiiWare it's because he hates the Wii and considers the system to be a complete waste of time and money.
My bad I hit the wrong key and I think he might like wiiware because it's sticks to basics but in a woundedful way that only wii can (eyes start to twinkle and grow huge)

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
zombie711 said:
GamingAwesome1 said:
zombie711 said:
My bad I hit the wrong key and I think he might like wiiware because it's sticks to basics but in a woundedful way that only wii can (eyes start to twinkle and grow huge)
I'm not saying I disagree with you, cos the WiiWare does have some good games on it. It's just as I stated above Yahtzee hates the Wii. He doesn't like the games on it so I doubt the WiiWare will convince him to review it.

Baliame

Jan 22, 2008
I'm going to burn for necromancy and terrible puns...

But you can have half a dimension. Hence the expression halftime. :p

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
lol I just downloaded 'Splosion Man today and it's been a blast so far (no pun intended)

idk the demo was all right and I just wanted something to try out, and it seemed to work for me

it's fun and challenging, and I don't think I'll mind the repetitiveness of it later on possibly with the co-op side of things, but yeah for the single player I can imagine it getting old

and as for other downloadable games, I was horrible in the Shadow Complex demo so maybe it's just not for me, or it was just not a good day for me haha
we'll see, maybe I'll give it another shot

yaoinut

Dec 17, 2010
I liked the joke about the crying designer. Perhaps that is a little cruel, but it is just an amusing image.

I enjoyed Splosion Man to a point, but then my usual terrible twitch reflexes kicked in and many of the timed puzzles left me sobbing and relying on luck and some very extensive guides to complete.