Zero Punctuation: Alone in the Dark

Odd Bowls

Jul 15, 2008
From all sources this game has been rated crap, over-hyped crap...yhatzee confirms these reviews.

My only regret is the minutes I wasted watching those dev. vids.

Deadman Walkin

Jul 17, 2008
Very well done. I would agree that the tried to make the game with to many different styles of game play. The whole point of games is to play the game, not skip parts of it.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Just made an account to highlight how stunningly awesome and subtle the TF2 joke was in the start of this video. (The TF2 sniper pisses into jars when he is camping in the "meet the sniper video", and is Australian).

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
YES! I wish that was fixed, would stop me panicking and muting the headphones before i'm aurally raped by the music.

Lord_Seth

Jun 19, 2008
CyberAkuma said:
Great review.

I really enjoyed the solid criticism.

I really don't understand how people could seriously have any disapointments with this game
ALL the Alone in the Dark games have been mediocre; at beast.

Based on GameRankings:
Alone in the Dark 90%
Alone in the Dark 2 70%
Alone in the Dark 3 70%
Alone in the Dark: TNN69%
Alone in the Dark 200854%

The Alone in the Dark series have always been mediocre.
Awful controls, truly God-awful controls ruin the game, bad design choices and adding the fact that they're just not adding anything new or exciting to the horror-game franchaise just sums up the whole point of Alone in the Dark.

Oh and also the new music rocks. :)
How is 90% "mediocre"? I think considering 70% to be mediocre is already stressing the definition, let alone 90%.

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
I really hate that F***ing Black S*** as well. Its the only thing that is keeping me from ever compleating that game.

I think its safe to say burning my game was as easy as killing those scum ingame.

Just kidding, I returned it for a copy of Fall of Liberty.

Lystic7

Jun 20, 2008
How is it that ZP is legaly allowed to make Video Game Reviews Using Pictures and Songs that are under copyright. He used the "fair use" argument, but he gets paied for these videos, which is illegal, isn't it? i wounder about that evertime i watch a video.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Lystic7 said:
How is it that ZP is legaly allowed to make Video Game Reviews Using Pictures and Songs that are under copyright. He used the "fair use" argument, but he gets paied for these videos, which is illegal, isn't it? i wounder about that evertime i watch a video.
Looks like Yahtzee just divided by zero or something, I guess everything he does will eventually infringe something.

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Ungodly funny. Flawless! That and i think many many MANY new game titles have some gonad syndrome.

Lord_Seth

Jun 19, 2008
Lystic7 said:
Just because you're making money off of it does NOT necessarily negate fair use (though it sometimes does). For example, Ebert and Roeper make money off of their reviews, but it's still fair use for them to show clips from the movie they're reviewing.

Fair use is a fairly hazy subject though, and there's a bit of an absence of definite rules dictating what does/doesn't count as it.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Lord_Seth said:
CyberAkuma said:
Great review.

I really enjoyed the solid criticism.

I really don't understand how people could seriously have any disapointments with this game
ALL the Alone in the Dark games have been mediocre; at beast.

Based on GameRankings:
Alone in the Dark 90%
Alone in the Dark 2 70%
Alone in the Dark 3 70%
Alone in the Dark: TNN69%
Alone in the Dark 200854%

The Alone in the Dark series have always been mediocre.
Awful controls, truly God-awful controls ruin the game, bad design choices and adding the fact that they're just not adding anything new or exciting to the horror-game franchaise just sums up the whole point of Alone in the Dark.

Oh and also the new music rocks. :)
How is 90% "mediocre"? I think considering 70% to be mediocre is already stressing the definition, let alone 90%.
I agree. I could see how 54% is mediocre, no question, but 70% should not be a mediocre rating. Unfortunately that's how its viewed nowadays thanks to many publications.

In any event, hilarious review especially now that it's warned me away from this game that I sadly thought was going to be good but of course fell victim to horrible execution.

OurGloriousLeader

May 14, 2008
Mmm, semen. Sorry! Um.

Terry and Gonad should become regulars, methinks. However, I do believe that's about the third or fourth time you've claimed that you never bow down to public pressure to review a game...

You're the public's *****. Admit it. You love it. Mm, semen.

picardathon

Jul 19, 2008
First, could you change the intro so that the music is chosen week by week again? I always loved that.
I guess you did well with the material you had but what I heard here was the same thing that I heard from every normal reviewing outlet: brilliant concepts, terrible execution. I know that this is primarily comedy but I prefer it when Yahtzee rips on a universally beloved game and points out the faults that nobody else is willing to mention. I know that those games don't come on trees, but why not the new Battlefield game? I know that you've been reviewed quite a few FPS' but at least you would (probably) have a different perspective on it.

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
AceDiamond said:
...but 70% should not be a mediocre rating. Unfortunately that's how its viewed nowadays thanks to many publications.
I see this a lot these days, and what I would like to know is where people are getting this idea. It may be just me, but all the magazines I've read say, in bold print no less, that 5 out of 10/50% out of 100% and what have you are, in fact, average, and 7 out of ten is "good".

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lmao cock up peninsula XDDD
oh yahtzee ive missed your video's while i was on "holiday"
im glad you kept your new opening, it rocks :p
stay charismatic yahtzee ^-^ your reviews always make me laugh