Zero Punctuation: Army of Two

Cara6190

Mar 9, 2008
Ravenstien said:
Hilarious and top-notch once again, although I didn't see many gay references when I played it!
The high-ground problem does occur a few times, it happened to me and my friend about twice, but I wouldn't call it a bug, it's just something that can happen. If they were to 'fix' it, then they'd have to re-do the whole injury thing.
Bad Yahtzee!!!
Yahtzee said he actually didn't get much of a gay vibe from the game--he was joking. He said toward the end.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Uszi said:
Believe it or not there *IS* actually a video of someone playing Splinter Cell and GoW at the same time. And it's re-freaking-diculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Go now.
You are a bad man... a very bad man.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Dyselon said:
Yahtzee points out the poor QA in this video, but it's probably not a tester's fault. With very few exceptions, if there's a bug in a game, QA found it and bugged it, and then it got closed as acceptable.
Hear, hear! Or put off for some sort of patch because they don't have time to do the regression testing before the ship deadline.

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
m_jim said:
Uszi said:
Believe it or not there *IS* actually a video of someone playing Splinter Cell and GoW at the same time. And it's re-freaking-diculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Go now.
You are a bad man... a very bad man.
I think we all should have seen it coming when Yahtzee asked for links to videos.
I certainly thought I was done for when I went to that first video without thinking.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Is it me or does the hatred of racism whilst repeatedly making gay jokes seem just a tad...well... hypocritical?
Maybe, but it doesn't seem out of place in the context of a demographic where all-purpose term of abuse is some variant of fag/gay. Not that I think it's OK, it's just that--he's different from the rest of the gamer scene how? I think Yahtzee is a lot of things, but role model? No. So if I were going to take issue with Yahtzee, I'd have to take issue with 90% of the people around here, and I just don't have that kind of time.

Balks

Apr 2, 2008
Garfgarog said:
Trying to be a tough guy on the internet already makes you more of a loser than anyone could hope to make you seem. Way to go.
Gee, I'm sorry, but to me it looked like somebody else decided to cast the first stone in this whole bit, first off by calling me a noob, (rather they were saying something along the lines of me being afraid of my nubness), which I believe I in turn admitted to being a noob at one point in my life. I am not, however, a stranger to msg boards and even less of a stranger to the ignorance of some individuals. You don't go off immediately insulting somebody unless they either insulted you personally or another person who seems inept at defending themself, that's pretty basic.

I'm not trying to be a tough guy via the internet, I'm simply returning the volley of BS that seemed to have been tossed my way. I never started this bit and I'd prefer it ended here before it starts to get too ugly, so why don't we let it just die and go on watching the genius that is Yahtzee. M'kay? Truce? (sp?)

MikePhilbin

Mar 15, 2008
As soon as the music "Two little boys" came on a wry grin grew across my chops.
I love the way they were riding double-cross space hoppers at one point, clever.
'distracting the enemy' graphic was the funniest ... are you still awake people?

I don't have a reciprocal review of TWO that Yahtzee stole from me six weeks ago, this time, but I would like the bring the perpetrators of the 9/11 demolition to the gallows whoever they may be. In this day and age, I still can't believe they (whoever they were) got away with 'bringing those three buildings down' in the centre of New York on a work day. On a weekend or Bank Holiday maybe...

http://mikephilbin.blogspot.com/2008/03/911-coincidences-and-contradictions.html

Oh, and give yourself a nice saltwater douche because you're officially a ****.
Classic.

Bfox

Nov 18, 2007
Hilarious! and informative, best one in a while.

Was expecting a whole shit load of gay jokes too, well done for not going there.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
mshcherbatskaya said:
Is it me or does the hatred of racism whilst repeatedly making gay jokes seem just a tad...well... hypocritical?
Maybe, but it doesn't seem out of place in the context of a demographic where all-purpose term of abuse is some variant of fag/gay. Not that I think it's OK, it's just that--he's different from the rest of the gamer scene how? I think Yahtzee is a lot of things, but role model? No. So if I were going to take issue with Yahtzee, I'd have to take issue with 90% of the people around here, and I just don't have that kind of time.
It's not hypocritical, really. Remember the Guitar Hero 3 review? I'd say he's playing with the male stereotype who fears homosexuality above all else, hiding the fear of finding out that they themselves are gay behind derogatives.

I was reading a Spoony Experiment (thanks to yathzee for that too. I had never heard of the guy, but he's awesome!) review where he uses expressions like "*****" to describe one of the female characters in a movie, yet later discusses the films misogyny. Using a sexist stereotype's expressions to crack jokes doesn't mean you're sexist yourself : P

Feb 13, 2008
mshcherbatskaya said:
So if I were going to take issue with Yahtzee, I'd have to take issue with 90% of the people around here, and I just don't have that kind of time.
Only 90%? I'm up to 95 already :)

Dectilon said:
It's not hypocritical, really. Remember the Guitar Hero 3 review? I'd say he's playing with the male stereotype who fears homosexuality above all else, hiding the fear of finding out that they themselves are gay behind derogatives.
Yeah, I get that; but if he's playing the stereotypes, the kind hearted anti-racist one really doesn't suit him. :)

Indigo Dingo said:
People are callling gay the new black.
Ethnics and Gender Orientations have a LONG way to go before they meet the bashing the mentally infirm take every day.

Feb 13, 2008
Well, look at the use in vocabulary.

I can't even use the N word without getting banned.(Hint: rhymes with tigger)
I can just get away with Queer or Fairy.
But calling someone crazy, or a cretin? No problem.

And how many people STILL think Schizophrenia is Dual Personality?

agerdemon

Feb 14, 2008
Well, look at the use in vocabulary.

I can't even use the N word without getting banned.(Hint: rhymes with tigger)
I can just get away with Queer or Fairy.
But calling someone crazy, or a cretin? No problem.

And how many people STILL think Schizophrenia is Dual Personality?
I hate it when people have those stupid t-shirts that say 'i used to be schizophrenic but we are ok now' its such a poor understanding of a mental disorder. Most people make the mistake because schizophrenic means splitting of the mind, but doesn't mean into dual personalities it mean the splitting from reality and imagination (or something). O yeah and I'd better comment on the review, he needs more gay jokes.