Zero Punctuation: Batman Arkham Asylum

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
"Get...Batman...game"
K, shopping list done. BTW, since he like it so much, does that mean it's now part of his "tag team"? Because like he said, he had so little to complain about he talked about box art.

ww2jacob

Mar 21, 2008
Great review.

Pretty much confirmed what I had originally thought about the game. Good gameplay elements but... well it's Batman. Uses every cliche out there in the story and gets repetitive. Still worth a try though, I'm sure.

windfish

Feb 13, 2008
I know you don't read these comments, but a though occurred: If you know a game is good (firsthand), and you know that a bad game makes a good review, why not avoid reviewing it? It's an awkward situation that is easily avoided.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
From everything I heard about this game, it's a must-play, and that Yahtzee had to go out of his way to find something wrong with it is about as solid of a reaffirmation as you can get along those lones.

I'm still not dropping $50 on it though. Maybe $20, or a rental. It's just that it doesn't seem like $50 is a worthwhile price for something I play 20 hours and forget about anymore. There's many reasons, but the foremost would probably be (a) the recession and (b) I've a ton of other things on my plate to play right now.

I imagine pitting Yahtzee against Champions Online would be interesting, on the grounds he didn't hate City of Heroes.

NuclearJonJon

May 24, 2009
Uh, Batman needs to be Bruce Wayne in the day time?

Also, the glide kick wing thing can be avoided by just rotating the camera around him as he flies.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Thank you Yahtzee for not having a stupid gimmick in this review and just reviewing the game properly. I appreciate it muchly.

Pscyon

Mar 9, 2009
Dang. I was hoping for another limerick. As for the game being too easy, isn't that generally true about most third-person action games these days? Hilarious as always though. Loved the part with the kittens.

kaijyuu

Sep 14, 2009
I didn't realize it until now, but Batman definitely is the least interesting thing in anything he's in. Bruce Wayne is more interesting than Batman, and they're the same person :X

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Nice way to bounce back from a couple lackluster weeks.

Highlights include "THE FUCKING START BUTTON," "Press X to KICK ASS" and the astute observation that Batman's villains and colleagues are more interesting than the Bat himself.

However, Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill's voice acting is as top-notch as ever, even if the writing is a bit of a let-down.

Lusty

Dec 12, 2008
Difficult one for Yahtzee this, because although there's plenty of nits to pick, the good stuff (like the scarecrow levels) is so good that you forgive the bad (like the killer croc nonsense).

I think that comes across in the review. But I hope next week he gets something REALLY bad to review.

ShotgunSmoke

Apr 19, 2009
"How can you get scared when you're Batman, the most capable fictional character since Jesus!"

I love you, I really do. I think I'll get this game tomorrow.

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
This is my favorite review from you in the past several months. This is one of the few games that makes me genuinely regret not having a PS3 or 360.

bachterman

Mar 12, 2009
the answer to the riddle: they use black lighbulbs, which cast an inverse batsign.
or simply, they text him.