Zero Punctuation: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Pretty good job and I thought it seemed very Modern Warfare 2 ish. I haven't played the game but I doubt I'll get it (I still enjoy my MW2). Also since you seemed to beg for an insane game with weird guns and complete disregard for realism wasn't there a Serious Sam HD Remix floating around a while bag. I dunno. Also (not sure if you read this) but what are your thoughts on the March Mayhem this year.

Edit: Just thought I'd remind everybody to vote in March Mayhem. Its a great way to get more into the community and support your favourite developer. Plus some of the stuff happening is pretty interesting (something related to this review would be that Zynga (Farmville creator amongst other things) beat Infinity Ward and are now facing Rockstar North)

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
notyouraveragejoe said:
Pretty good job and I thought it seemed very Modern Warfare 2 ish. I haven't played the game but I doubt I'll get it (I still enjoy my MW2).
So... why did you think it was like MW2? From his "review"? Single-player, they look similar, but again are different. Multiplayer? No, totally different.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
ioudas omnis said:
Sometimes I forget that video games are incredibly serious business. Thank you, random strangers on the Internet, for reminding me.

As far as the review goes, I'm with a lot of the others in saying that, while he didn't review the multiplayer (as he has openly stated that he never does) he didn't really... tell us anything about the game other than there was a lot of dust and things were kind of ridiculous and like every other game of its type in that regard. And as someone who currently can't play online (I have a Mac, no wireless connection to my 360, and a Silver account) I'm infinitely more concerned with the single-player aspect of games, than multiplayer. So, this would have been a beneficial review for me, had I been told anything.
You are welcome fellow random internet person.

I quoted you becuase I just love your avatar. Its one of the best on here in my opinion.

abort_user

Aug 4, 2009
that was amazing.

i completely agree with the Duke Nukem apology at the beginning. we need to carry more weapons and we need medkits in fps.

i also agree that realistic shooters should be relabeled. thankfully Yahtzee took the opportunity to rename them himself.

Yahtzee should make a ufo. i wouldnt mind fighting one of them in a game.

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
hcig said:
russia is used because russia is a good enemy, they are on equal grounds of power, they are kind of mysterious, and they have no mercy
why the hell would you not use russia? who do you want to fight, france? belgium? canada? a small african country? i bet you hate tv shows with a re-occurring bad guy too.

but really? blow their own nuts off if they were handed a real gun? i could have sworn that throughout the world right wingers where known as gun crazy militants who spend every lunch break at the shooting range?
or you know what? maybe he is half right here, most of the fps players ive ever played with still call a magazine a "clip" so ive got to imagine they WOULD blow their own nuts off given a real gun, but ive also got to imagine they were scared of the damn gun, and had a picture of BO on their wall, because its more than a likelihood.

seriously yahtzee, its getting annoying, i cant enjoy these reviews when you put your political shit into them
its like eating a nice sandwich with branston pickle, but about half way through youve discovered that the smarmy prick who made it for you unloaded his spunk into it. i dont like spunk yahtzee. (who am i kidding, this whole community would probably love get get some of that sandwich)
I'm just wondering what happened to all the other factions in the Battlefield games. The Chinese, the Middle Easter Coalition (MEC) and that European Union thing.

As for anyone complaining about the dust.

Thats what happens when buildings collapse.

Pyro Paul

Dec 7, 2007
yes, destroying a 20+ story high rise with hundreds of thousands of pounds of explosives makes dust.
congradulations on figuring that out.

now can you explain why a 5 pound explosive charge produces a larger dust cloud that lingers longer when destroying a 3x5 foot segment of wall?

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
Abedeus said:
notyouraveragejoe said:
Pretty good job and I thought it seemed very Modern Warfare 2 ish. I haven't played the game but I doubt I'll get it (I still enjoy my MW2).
So... why did you think it was like MW2? From his "review"? Single-player, they look similar, but again are different. Multiplayer? No, totally different.
Not from his review but just the general feel. I do mean Single-Player since I haven't really seen much from the Multi-player at all to be honest. And that would be why I said I thought it seemed rather then just it seemed. Plus I do agree that I shouldn't really be making statements on a game I haven't played I just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Is the multi-player better in MW2 or Bad Company dya think?

Dabchan

Jun 10, 2009
Why do I get the feeling he will be oozing with joy at playing with Metro 2033
(You get to play a Russian!!!! OOOOOOOOO!)

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Booooo!! You, Yahtzee, did the obvious shamefulness of comparing this game to MW2, and since this game is, yes, set in the present day I can see why. But why don't you compare it to Counter Strike while you are at it? There must be some differences as I personally much enjoyed BC2 over MW2 any day.

But yea the Dust was very annoying.

DukeOfNYaNumba1

Jan 28, 2010
I was hoping he'd be critical of such things as the lack of co-op, I mean you're in a squad of 4 that's a very fit number for multiplayer, or how in the last game the squad was an untrustworthy, undisciplined group of misfits and in this game they're reliable spec ops. Plus all the humor of the last game is missing, everyone is way too serious. Not to mention the game is too short.

Plus, there was too much emphasis on the single play campaign. Battlefield is all about the online multiplayer. Single play campaigns are getting tagged onto Battlefield games much like multiplayer gets tagged onto games like BioShock 2 and such, like an afterthought. COD games are all about single player campaigns, BFBC games are all about the multiplayer.

I love this game more than I loved MW2, they did a great job on the competitive multiplayer, but it could have been better if they worked more on the main campaign.

Corps

Mar 24, 2010
One thing that bugs me about Yahtzee's reviews is that it seems he doesn't bother trying to adjust the settings. The "glow" thing he was talking about could be easily fixed if he just turned the bloom effect off. The dust on the other hand is what you get in a realistic shooter.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I started hating destructible environments after this game ,especially when theres a tank blowing up half of the town trying to get you and you don`t have anywhere to hide anymore and you have no clue where to get a rocket launcher. Oh and.. DUST!

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
alldreamsfalldown said:
Where did my comment go?
If you posted before you even had time to watch the video, I just deleted it. We got tired of suspending accounts for posting before watching the video, so I just delete them.