Zero Punctuation: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Fleshfeast

May 23, 2009
I don't think I played the same BFBC2 as Yahtzee. Mine was a multiplayer game, but he's talking about AI teammates and scripted sequences.

On the other hand, I would love to see a video rambling about the multiplayer faults.

epilepticearl

Jul 18, 2009
I realize that you probably don't want people telling you how to do your job Yahtzee, but I think you should review older games. Games today seem like a whole lot of repetitive bullshit and I can think of dozens of older games (like original Xbox and Ps2, maybe even back as far as Nintendo 64) that are much better. You could still do new games, just have a section called Flashback or something where you put older game reviews.

Pibe000

Dec 12, 2008
I'm not rich enough to play Pc. I do like the pc more, more variety, more mods, more people = more fun. I rely on friend who have spent a couple thousand on a decent computer. If you know a cheap good computer let me know please.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
carelesshx said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
carelesshx said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
For sake of argument that the multiplayer of BFBC2 is a grilled cheese and the single player is a pile of cow dung. Would you eat the grilled cheese if the cow present is on the same plate? The grilled cheese in theory would be just as good if it was not touching. But you wouldn't because the smell and sight is just going to make you gag. Serve the Grilled Cheese by it self if you must, or give us another kind of sandwich instead of the cow dung to please people of different tastes, but don't give us a pile of %$#& and let it get away with it.
Interesting analogy. I'd say that BC2 is probably more like a bacon cheeseburger, with the multiplayer being the cheeseburger and the singleplayer being the bacon. Now, I don't like bacon, but I acknowledge that for most people, bacon is a lovely addition to a perfectly good cheeseburger. I can happily order a bacon cheeseburger without the bacon and still have a satisfying meal, but if I ordered a bacon cheeseburger without the cheeseburger, I would probably feel a bit let down. A couple of slices of bacon on a plate, while nice, does not constitute a meal. It would be foolish to write a review of a restaurant that said 'I ordered a bacon cheeseburger without the cheeseburger and all I got was a slice of bacon, that restaurant was rubbish'.

Or something. You get the idea.
I honestly can't tell if your agreeing with me or not.
I don't know either. I didn't really understand where you were going with that analogy, but I found it funny so I just ran with it. I think we can both agree that both grilled cheese and bacon cheeseburgers are awesome though :D
I was mostly saying that the arguement that saying that a game can be forgiven for having a terrible single player by having a good multiplayer really is not valid.

Bran Mugen

Feb 16, 2010
vivaldiscool said:
Bran Mugen said:
I hear people whining about that it's a multiplayer game and shouldn't be judged by its single player. Well if it shouldn't be judged by single player, it shouldn't have a single player mode, now should it?!
please explain that logic.

Because it could go both ways, what if you took Total War, judged it purely by its multiplayer, and then said "Well if it didn't want to be judged entirely by its multiplayer it shouldn't have had it."

Not to mention that nobody is saying the single player shouldn't have been reviewed, on that reviewing only the single player is stupid.
Logic: I pay for a game (say l4d2 or something), it includes multiple modes; in other words I am paying for several different "games" in one pack. One judges all modes, then acumaltes them into a full judgement of the entire pack. For a school like example; if you have one grade that is 100% and another that is 0%, you have 50%; it doesn't matter how awsome your 100% is, you still have a 50%. In other words, the developer knew they would be judged on single player as much as multiplayer, and they decided to put it in; therefore they must be judged on it. No matter how good multiplayer is, you are also paying for something else you don't want.
Conclusion: I don't know about you, but I don't want to pay for things I don't want just to get one thing I did. I choose not to waste money.

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
"A sparrow with brottle bone disease,who gets pounded into the dirt"..-my new favourite line.

Everyone thats saying Yahtzee was wrong to review it based on its single player campaign should pull their heads out of their arses.

If their going to make a game that should only be played in a multuplayer format then they shouldn't bother with single player at all.If your going to include single player then equal attention should be applyed to the development of both.

I'll go on record as saying that multiplayer bores me to tears.Single player is where its at.

ScottocS

Mar 27, 2009
Gunuku said:
MrLefty said:
PS there's lots to criticise about the multiplayer, too. Particularly if you're in Australia, as Yahtzee is.
If you are referring to any censorship then the blame lies with your government, not the game.
Doesn't blow other more well respected FPS's out of the water for some of us Aussies who can't get into a stable game and have to put up with a buggy interface. PC or Console. It's not like DICE need your defence anyway.

I believe he was referring to connection problems potentially. When it hit Australian shores im pretty sure it didn't get censored in anyway. xD

Blood Masque

Jan 16, 2010
I was kind of hoping this game would be good. The first one was pretty great to me and brought many lulz. I'll probably end up buying the game when it's about 20 bucks though. It'd be worth that even if I had to entertain myself with seeing how many original ways I could insult the dust.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Brilliant video, but not a very good review. Then again as he's said himself, all reviews are personal opinions. I, personally, have tons of fun playing online with friends in both MW2 and Bad Company 2. I don't see why people have to compare the two and can't just enjoy both. The strangest thing is people saying that BC2 is a complete MW2 rip-off. That's like saying musicians are ripping off cavemen because they had long hair first.

Anyhow, going back on-topic. As a BC2 player I do agree that there's DUST all over the place, constantly. At times it makes fighting a real hassle, but at times it's just what saves your skin when you're dodging tank and sniper fire. I also agree that he ought to have reviewed or at least mentioned the multiplayer aspect, because that's where BC2 outshines Modern Warfare. (Tanks, choppers, etc. Of course it also depends on what you personally enjoy in a game)

But ach, looking forward to next week. Sorry for the TLDR, but it's morning here in Finland and my day off is starting out slow ^^

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
NAHTZEE said:
Journeythroughhell said:
NAHTZEE said:
the part i most agree with is russians r evil. seriously, the russians are just normal people. in games america is a ultr awsome hero team while russian is evil for some unexplained reason
Of course, they are. So are the arabs and the chinese.
Don't worry, the Russians are always villians just because someone has to be one.
personally, im russian myself, but i prefer americans to be evil. cos thier stockipiling lotsa nukes.
You guys have just as many nukes if not more.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
MR T3D said:
Playing a Battlefield game and complaining about the quality of the single player is like driving a Ferrari and complaining about the back seat legroom.
Obviously you have never watched Top Gear.

Sayvara

Oct 11, 2007
Sentient6 said:
Wow, Yahtzee REALLY hates this one.
Correction: he really wants to hate it... but can't find anything to hang his hatred on except DUST!

MR T3D said:
Playing a Battlefield game and complaining about the quality of the single player is like driving a Ferrari and complaining about the back seat legroom.
Touché! Well said sir.

/S

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Truck-a-saurus! LOL

decent review. I was playing this game on a pair of 9800GTs and those were going tits up so I got a GTS250 and this game doesn't look half bad.
I still wish they had the first Bad Company on PC instead of 360.

Dodgy

Mar 23, 2010
I find it strange that some of you label Yahtzee's videos as "reviews". They aren't reviews at all really, just funny comments on parts of a game.

Stinky244

Sep 12, 2008
HEY HEY HEY you like Modern Warfare 2??? WTF.... that game was horrible. This games BETA already was betetr than the pile of dung that was MW2... These games are meant to be played in Multiplayer so SP features are more like a tutorial for the MP part... Yeezz and the destructible buildings are AWESOME. Also dust.. hell yeah. Blow up a building and see how much dust is created... Yahtzee im dissapointed. Actually a good FPS game of late and you hate it. Maybe you have played too much of those games on Consoles... Please reply.