Zero Punctuation: Bionic Commando

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008
MowDownJoe said:
Letter of the Week better become a regular segment... and you should reply to those letters in the video for added guffaws.
I was going to say the same thing. Not only would it be incredibly funny but it might be a deterent for idiots to email Yahtzee for fear he would shame them at the end of his videos.

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
DragonWright said:
More importantly, **** pepsi and coke, drink Barqs.
Hell yes. Root beer is the greatest beverage invented by man.

Good review as always, the fan letter was the best part.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
TheFace said:
I'm sure if there was an optional 20 minute install for 360 games a lot of you would do it to cut down on in-game loading. I know I would.
You mean like the ability to copy the entire game to your hard drive and play it from there? Like, you know, you can do on the Xbox.

And doesn't take 20 minutes.

(and coca cola is better than pepsi, as long as it's made with real sugar, not that corn syrup shite)

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I think I can add another video onto my list of favorites. Best one since Halo Wars, I'd say!

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
Don't be so hard on it, Yahtzee.
All Capcom wanted was a Pepsi!
And you wouldn't give it to them!
All Capcom wanted was a Pepsi! Just one Pepsi!
And you wouldn't give it to them! Just a Pepsi!

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Oh my God... someone didn't take Duke Nukem Forever seriously did they? Pick your nose button? Walk by moving the controller up and down and left and right?

*sigh*

Aaaanyway, back to the review. Aren't certain boss encounters that require the latch on in certain places and certain times in a cinematic manner technically *gulp* quick time events?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
thefrizzlefry said:
No! They're on drugs!

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
I thought Yahtzee was very forgiving on this one. Any game that punishes exploration with a horrible radioactive death is the lowest of the low in a long line of shitty linear games. Arbitrary weapon or ability upgrades at some later point always annoy me greatly. If you were a great hero of the past why hold them off? Was the bionic commando thinking of other things while in prison? Did he not fondly remember the days of enemy slapping? Why not present the range of goodies like you're batman heading off to a mission, hype it up at the start, oh look at all you can do, and then let you loose.

I can understand Yaytzee's dislike of Pepsi and product placement. Throwing things like that in are evidence they were not most interested in making a great game, slight evidence of prostitution and time spent crawling to satisfy a company so they can briefly open the wallet of cash to improve their miserable lives.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Lordofthesuplex said:
Okay Yahtzee, by that same token, I can be petty too. And I say if you're judging a game by something as fucking stupid as Pepsi ads, then I'm judging you by your bullshit complaints about bad Wii controls in good Wii games. Yes I'm still not over the control complaints in the MadWorld review. Give me another week and I will be.
Er...trust me, the MadWorld review pissed me off, too, but he was serious then. I'm pretty sure he was just using Pepsi endorsements as a tongue-in-cheek way of getting off the fence (kinda like the "small quicktime event" in Gears of War 2).

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
Let's see...ripping crappy games is fun, because fan boys cry when you rip halo and guitar hero...John Sterling I have no comment other than 'you dummy', and Coke tastes like what your parents room used to smell like the morning after that night when they were making those funny noises that kept you up....('disgusting' for those of you focused more on content than meaning)
Here's the kicker tho. Who says that Ben actually drinks Coke?
meahdun rilly geevash it d'oh.

eyedonutkair

Feb 6, 2009
btw, awsomest post evr: this guy.
thefrizzlefry said: