Zero Punctuation: Catherine

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
The part where he snorts about "your previous relationship experiences" has got to be my favorite paragraph so far of all the review's he's done. It was pure gold.

ProjectTrinity

Apr 29, 2010
thepsychogamer said:
Macrobstar said:
NinjaDeathSlap said:
I think Vincent may even surpass Kratos and Duke Nukem in his quest to become the most unlikable protagonist ever.
I liked kratos, hes a badass
Really that the the only reason people like Kratos which is a really shallow reason. But then again Kratos is a really shallow character. Kratos is just a psychotic killer, made irritating by all his anger.

Really they should have at least made him more like Lad Russo (Baccano). He also is a shallow psychotic killer, but unlike Kratos Lad is a very upbeat charismatic guy Who takes a lot of joy in what he douse. It hard to hate Lad when it so much fun to watch him in his psychotic joy.
Kratos is more for the raging teenagers who just want blood and nudity while being "cool". That said, there's a sad chance they'll see good ole' Ladd and think "I don't like him because his reason for killing isn't good~"

I am well versed on the irony behind that quote.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
I haven't played the game, but Katherine is only frumpy if you're strictly speaking "drab" because she is clearly not "unattractive".

May 26, 2010
elbowlick said:
Fangobra said:
That's a simile, Yahtzee, not a metaphor.
No, it's a metaphor. Similes state that they're similiar, using terms like..."like". It was "like men are all directionless tidal waves" not "men are all like directional tidal waves".
Nooo... it is a simile, for the reason you just stated. It is comparing one state of affairs with another. It matters very little whether it's the situation or the subjects involved that are compared, what matters is that they are compared, and neither is stated actually to be the other. So it's a simile.

"like men are all directionless tidal waves"- That is what it is stated to be like, not what it is stated to be. Simile.

"men are all directionless tidal waves"- That is what it is stated to be(even though it isn't). Metaphor.

I will admit, however, that a simile is a type of metaphor, so the point itself may be rather moot.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Fronzel said:
Katherine frumpy? What, because her hair is brown and she wears glasses? She looks just as much like a model as Catherine does.
This. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm amazed Yahtzee didn't take the time out for a bit of eye-rolling at that.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
itsausernamewhatofit said:
Brad Shepard said:
Jamielordofgingers said:
Ok, I caught most of the anime references, but I really want to know what show he's talking about with the guy who missed his one shot.
I thought it was Trigun.
What? what made you think that?
Gun, mounds and mounds of exposition, stuff like that.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Seventh Actuality said:
Fronzel said:
Katherine frumpy? What, because her hair is brown and she wears glasses? She looks just as much like a model as Catherine does.
This. I know it's not a big deal, but I'm amazed Yahtzee didn't take the time out for a bit of eye-rolling at that.
he never takes the time, he just tries to be funny.

sergnb

Mar 12, 2011
Zulnam said:
The part where he snorts about "your previous relationship experiences" has got to be my favorite paragraph so far of all the review's he's done. It was pure gold.
Not funny man, not funny :|

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
That Street Fighter anime was sweet. And yes, I'd say it's worth watching just for that ONE scene.
I can empathize with that last comment about the bitchy ones.

ca_jas

Feb 28, 2010
Kind of surprised by Yahtzee's commentary especially regarding the storyline. This has got be one of the most complex stories in a video game that I have ever experienced but he shrugged it off.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Great episode, I was laughing quite hard at the "experience from real relationships" bit, well played Yahtzee.

hooksashands

Apr 11, 2010
I don't understand this... recurring theme where everybody in a videogame is a living example of some psychological quirk taken to its utmost extreme. This game seems to revel in it while trying to look ironic, as if to say "People aren't really just caricatures, are they? You're a real person with contrasting feelings and emotions, right? ARE YOU, really? Hm?"

It's hard to swallow the joke. Not because it brings feelings of inadequacy, but because it decides you, the player, are too shortsighted to see why relationships are a minefield.

agiganticpanda

Sep 10, 2008
I liked the game a lot just for the puzzles. It's funny that he didn't comment on atlus' obsession with transsexuals.

Which for some reason you only find out about at the end of the "good" ending.

roostuf

Dec 29, 2009
Oh Wednesday is never a dull day thanks to yahtzee.

I lol'd my ass of to this one, more then others.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Siris said:
Well, I loved the game, but I accept that someone might not like it. Well off you for importing the game, though

You know who actually do seem to act like sheep though? A lot of ZP fans
This is true. Everyone alive knows it. Talk about any game on here, and the rampant opinion will be "BEST GAME EVAR!" if Yahtzee liked it and "WORST GAME EVAR!" if Yahtzee despised it. Tragic really.
Have you considered that people who agree with Yahtzee post en masse because they feel vindicated in their choice and the people who disagree post less because they're too timid to go against the flow?

No? No, you're right, you're only allowed to have your own opinion if it's always different from whatever Yahtzee thinks. You remember that the next time he says anything you agree with.